Author Topic: VGExclusives  (Read 3750 times)

jcalder8

Re: VGExclusives
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:13 am »
In my opinion it makes more sense to branch out once there is a need for it. The the forums start to get over run with reviews then we should seriously consider making that a central focus of the site also, but in the mean time I think that the time of matt and others can be better spent elsewhere.

Also the reviews would have to be of high quality because it is something that would then have vgcollect's name connected to it.

htimreimer

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 01:46:34 am »
Chip Flix are decent. I don't know what you're eating, buddy.
if i may quote a review of these chips " if these chips were a movie they would be twins" also it dose not help that i have bad stomach and i take stomach medication for it
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:49:18 am by htimreimer »

matt

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:11:43 am »
This keeps getting brought up, and we (The staff) keep saying the same thing.  vgcollect.com is first and foremost a collection tracking site.  We do one thing, and we do it well.  There are no plans to add to or change what we do.  That is not to say that we are opposed to adding more functionalities at a later date, but it is far from a priority.  What I would suggest to anyone who wants reviews or videos, or any other content is to make your own and post them in the forums.  If enough people participate, perhaps our outlook could change.

Ditto.

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 09:17:10 am »
I wouldn't want to see this place become yet another review site, but I wouldn't object to a small review field for each game that shows up when people access our personal collections. Keep it really short (say, 200 words or something) so people don't get carried away and I think that'd be enough for everyone - short enough to ignore if you're not interested, but long enough that people who do want to add a little "Why I think this game is brilliant" paragraph can do so.

htimreimer

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 09:46:08 am »
I wouldn't want to see this place become yet another review site, but I wouldn't object to a small review field for each game that shows up when people access our personal collections. Keep it really short (say, 200 words or something) so people don't get carried away and I think that'd be enough for everyone - short enough to ignore if you're not interested, but long enough that people who do want to add a little "Why I think this game is brilliant" paragraph can do so.
thats not a bad idea

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:30 am »
Really nice idea kimimi!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 11:27:19 am »
thats not a bad idea

I totally agree (about it not being a bad idea at all)!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 11:55:43 am »
I don't have them very often, but broken clocks and all that... ;D

fiveforfightng

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
;D

In my defense:

A).  I didn't even notice your intentional mis-spelling there,

and

B).  God-Damn my internal (and obsessive:) "Spell-Check"
 :o

Hey it's cool I was just joking. Everyone misses that.
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 06:16:02 pm »
;D

In my defense:

A).  I didn't even notice your intentional mis-spelling there,

and

B).  God-Damn my internal (and obsessive:) "Spell-Check"
 :o

Hey it's cool I was just joking. Everyone misses that.

It's cool...I was joking, too :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 09:13:34 am »
My input is this. While the site doesnt necessary push videos or have a seperate forum planned in the future for them, there is nothing stopping anyone from putting their own videos in general or one of the other actual gaming sections. People can choose to or not to watch them.