Author Topic: Quantity!  (Read 1415 times)

Quantity!
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:34:07 am »
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but how about a way to indicate the number of each item we have other than adding it multiple times? Or just make it so I can view everything on one page when viewing in thumbnail view and then I won't mind.

amauriel

Re: Quantity!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »
I've just put mine in the notes. For example, for Minnish Cap I've just got "Two Copies" that shows up right below the title. Makes it real easy to take a glance and see what I have extras of.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:18:46 pm »
Yeah, but that still leaves an inaccurate item count

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:45:35 am »
One thing I just noticed is that I can add a game to my have list multiple times.

I click on Quick Add and the game is added. Then I go to the page again, and I can do a quick add again, so I have two copies of the game. I think that might be a bug - the site can't really see that you already own the game, so...

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 12:52:37 am »
Yes, I'm aware of being able to add things multiple times, but I think it's stupid for me to have to add each n64 memory pack and controller individually just to get my count correct.

scott

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 01:07:38 am »
Quantity was brought up in an earlier thread by @informationator, feel free to look it over and add any thoughts to it. http://vgcollect.com/forum/discussion/comment/834#Comment_834
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:43 am »
One thing I just noticed is that I can add a game to my have list multiple times.

I click on Quick Add and the game is added. Then I go to the page again, and I can do a quick add again, so I have two copies of the game. I think that might be a bug - the site can't really see that you already own the game, so...

This was actually done by design so you could detail out each game. i.e. This copy has the box, this one is missing the box, etc.

As @g4m3f4c3 noted, this can cause some issues when you are adding hardware or for some reason have 10 copies of a certain title and you just want to quickly list them. I'm currently looking into solutions.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »

This was actually done by design so you could detail out each game. i.e. This copy has the box, this one is missing the box, etc.

As @g4m3f4c3 noted, this can cause some issues when you are adding hardware or for some reason have 10 copies of a certain title and you just want to quickly list them. I'm currently looking into solutions.

Ugh, missed this post when I wrote up the post about duplicates in the collection (sorry!).  Good to know, and interested to see what solutions get implemented.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas