Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670860 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10140 on: March 21, 2016, 12:48:02 pm »
Had Easter 1 week early, and spent it with my nephew, loved watching him hunt easter eggs haha. afterwords he ran to my room and said "i wanna play video games"

I get ya.  Being outside makes me want to play games too.

he still isnt quiet ready for gaming controllers, he is use to touch pads

What are you talking about you just pop super mario bros into the NES, toss him the controller  and say good luck. That's it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10141 on: March 21, 2016, 01:21:46 pm »
Had Easter 1 week early, and spent it with my nephew, loved watching him hunt easter eggs haha. afterwords he ran to my room and said "i wanna play video games"

What are you talking about you just pop super mario bros into the NES, toss him the controller  and say good luck. That's it.
did that, nearly had a smashed controller lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Flashback2012

« Reply #10142 on: March 21, 2016, 01:52:11 pm »
For my fellow "toys to life" fans/collectors out there, a Light FX Darth Maul figure is being released in the beginning of April.

I couldn't find any information on a LightFX version of Darth Maul? Did you mean Kylo Ren?

Incidentally, I got it ready for you when you inevitably pick it up.  ;D

http://vgcollect.com/item/101017

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10143 on: March 21, 2016, 02:27:46 pm »
Neato! My latest top ten list is featured today on GameFAQs.com!

Congrats Brotha

gf78

« Reply #10144 on: March 21, 2016, 02:38:30 pm »
For my fellow "toys to life" fans/collectors out there, a Light FX Darth Maul figure is being released in the beginning of April.

I couldn't find any information on a LightFX version of Darth Maul? Did you mean Kylo Ren?

Incidentally, I got it ready for you when you inevitably pick it up.  ;D

http://vgcollect.com/item/101017

[facepalm]  You are correct.  I guess because I was playing Disney Infinity last night, fighting Darth Maul and the fact that he is the coolest friggin' thing to come from the prequels...my mind & heart was set on him.   :'(  Kylo Ren looks cool too though, so it's all good.

And thanks for making the item listing.  I already preordered it through Amazon Prime for $11.99 with free 2-day shipping.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Warmsignal

« Reply #10145 on: March 21, 2016, 03:45:40 pm »

If I ever had a kid, I wouldn't be buying them tablets or anything. They would be introduced to gaming with the NES. I know it's selfish, but I would want their earliest memories of gaming to be more or less the same as mine. None of this modern tablet stuff, and we'd live in a low income neighborhood where none of the other kids have that crap either. Sadly, I think they're now a requirement in the public school system. I guess there's no getting away from them anymore.  :-\

kashell

« Reply #10146 on: March 21, 2016, 04:04:30 pm »
I think my biggest problem with tablets is that they're a modern version of the "time-out." Instead giving your kid a proper punishment for being out of line, tablets seem to be used as a method to just shut them up temporarily.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10147 on: March 21, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »

If I ever had a kid, I wouldn't be buying them tablets or anything. They would be introduced to gaming with the NES. I know it's selfish, but I would want their earliest memories of gaming to be more or less the same as mine. None of this modern tablet stuff, and we'd live in a low income neighborhood where none of the other kids have that crap either. Sadly, I think they're now a requirement in the public school system. I guess there's no getting away from them anymore.  :-\

This is how you do it! Batman playing TMNT on a PlayChoice-10!  Raise them right!
Pay no attention to the room.  My game room was a storage room before this.

rayne315

« Reply #10148 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »

This is how you do it! Batman playing TMNT on a PlayChoice-10!  Raise them right!

tisk tisk tisk turf... I'm seeing plenty of space for new cabinets, at least 2 more. May I suggest Tetris for your next cabinet, you might learn a few things about stacking things to make more room.  :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:05:15 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10149 on: March 21, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »
tisk tisk tisk turf... I'm seeing plenty of space for new cabinets, at least 2 more. May I suggest Tetris for your next cabinet, you might learn a few things about stacking things to make more room.  :P

Unfortunately, I don't live in that house anymore, and I have 5 more cabinets now.  Things got a little crowded in that room. 8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:08:22 pm by turf »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10150 on: March 21, 2016, 07:58:56 pm »

Most awesome kid ever? Possibly.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10151 on: March 21, 2016, 09:39:54 pm »

I like to think so  8)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10152 on: March 21, 2016, 09:51:13 pm »
that pic is awesome haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #10153 on: March 21, 2016, 10:08:14 pm »

I like to think so  8)

You as a kid was obviously second most awesome. Like father like son  8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:56:14 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #10154 on: March 22, 2016, 09:11:20 am »

Omigawd! I love this!