Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1581985 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10725 on: April 26, 2016, 05:00:56 pm »
I just got totally nerd-raged on and accused of spreading misinformation and being told people like me make them sick.

My offense you ask? Stating that I prefer console gaming to PC gaming because I don't like keeping up with making my PC high-end for gaming or worrying about compatibility. (Apparently those issues haven't existed since the 90s, according to these PC elitists.)

Some gamers take things way too seriously.
DRM and constantly being disconnected, having to mess with game files to optimize performance, etc. I like my out of the box experience without dealing with plug-ins and other stuff.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #10726 on: April 26, 2016, 05:07:44 pm »
I just got totally nerd-raged on and accused of spreading misinformation and being told people like me make them sick.

My offense you ask? Stating that I prefer console gaming to PC gaming because I don't like keeping up with making my PC high-end for gaming or worrying about compatibility. (Apparently those issues haven't existed since the 90s, according to these PC elitists.)

I don't see anything wrong with what you said, and I play a decent amount of PC games.

It's sad that people can't just have a civil conversation. A lot of channels on Twitch also have rules stating that console/console and PC/console wars are banned from chat. It almost always erupts. There are so many reasons for why someone might prefer something over the other options. It'd be like people ridiculing me because I prefer to walk/bike over drive.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

anagar

« Reply #10727 on: April 26, 2016, 06:19:58 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with what you said, and I play a decent amount of PC games.

It's sad that people can't just have a civil conversation. A lot of channels on Twitch also have rules stating that console/console and PC/console wars are banned from chat. It almost always erupts. There are so many reasons for why someone might prefer something over the other options. It'd be like people ridiculing me because I prefer to walk/bike over drive.
Seriously though, I work as a co-op tech at my college, within my group of co-workers there are 3 who prefer PC, 1 that prefers console/mobile, my boss who only plays PC, and me who plays almost only console. But that didn't stop us from talking about games or specs of either of them they'd ask me about console only games if I'd play/liked them and they would tell me about mods they've installed. We never argued about what was better we would just talk. Hell they even installed Half-Life and Quake 3 on the computers so we could play together when nothing was happening. They showed me how to bind keys, showed me around the maps and gave me tips. One of them even invited me to a LAN party and I'm not the type to hang out with big groups but it was cool and my first time doing something like that. The thing that was most argued about, and this is in a group of primarily PC only players, was if XBOX ONE or PS4 was better.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10728 on: April 26, 2016, 06:23:23 pm »

Seriously though, I work as a co-op tech at my college, within my group of co-workers there are 3 who prefer PC, 1 that prefers console/mobile, my boss who only plays PC, and me who plays almost only console. But that didn't stop us from talking about games or specs of either of them they'd ask me about console only games if I'd play/liked them and they would tell me about mods they've installed. We never argued about what was better we would just talk. Hell they even installed Half-Life and Quake 3 on the computers so we could play together when nothing was happening. They showed me how to bind keys, showed me around the maps and gave me tips. One of them even invited me to a LAN party and I'm not the type to hang out with big groups but it was cool and my first time doing something like that. The thing that was most argued about, and this is in a group of primarily PC only players, was if XBOX ONE or PS4 was better.
False, even PC players know the PS4 is the best out of the two spec and game wise. They wouldn't argue that. Just take a look at PC gaming communities when they rip on consoles in the Digital Foundry section of YouTube.

Badges

anagar

« Reply #10729 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:37 pm »

False, even PC players know the PS4 is the best out of the two spec and game wise.
Hey man I agree PS4 is the best (just my preference). The thing is majority vote at the party was XBOX.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10730 on: April 26, 2016, 06:27:27 pm »

False, even PC players know the PS4 is the best out of the two spec and game wise.
Hey man I agree PS4 is the best (just my preference). The thing is majority vote at the party was XBOX.
Then they weren't PC gamers, lol. PC gamers know better than that. It's not debatable with spec whores.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:33:45 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

karyann

« Reply #10731 on: April 26, 2016, 10:18:22 pm »
I log off for four little days and you guys fill up 10 pages! I'll never keep up  ::)

Seriously though, I'm glad to overview that y'all seem to be going well and that everyone is always having fun around :)  Not that there's any reason not to anyway.

Big congratulations on your degree, Abe!  ;D

« Reply #10732 on: April 26, 2016, 10:47:33 pm »
I just got a job offer to work at Tripwire Interactive as a QA tester. It's not exactly what I want to do, but I'm super pumped. Tripwire is like the new Valve to me. I'm going to be starting in late May.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:49:15 pm by badATchaos »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10733 on: April 26, 2016, 11:17:29 pm »
I log off for four little days and you guys fill up 10 pages! I'll never keep up  ::)

Seriously though, I'm glad to overview that y'all seem to be going well and that everyone is always having fun around :)  Not that there's any reason not to anyway.

Quit staying away, pretty lady  ;)

I just got a job offer to work at Tripwire Interactive as a QA tester. It's not exactly what I want to do, but I'm super pumped. Tripwire is like the new Valve to me. I'm going to be starting in late May.

Hope it turns out to be your dream job, brother.

pacpix

« Reply #10734 on: April 27, 2016, 02:21:08 am »

That's great!  Congrats!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #10735 on: April 27, 2016, 08:19:39 am »

I thought I sensed VGC becoming more lovely. It's always great to have you back. Are you still playing Atelier Totori?

Congratulations, homie!

I really enjoy reading stories about civilized gamers. Thanks for sharing that story; it reminds me that there are non-crazy people out in the world.

The way so-called gamers enjoy going for one another's Internet jugulars is so disturbing. It reminds me of the PlayStation vs. N64 debates that were everywhere in school, extracurricular activities, practice, etc. Just enjoy your games and shut the hell up.

gf78

« Reply #10736 on: April 27, 2016, 09:07:00 am »
How weird is it that yesterday at work, I looked up the Chernobyl disaster on Wikipedia?  April 26th is the 30th anniversary of the disaster.  I had no idea when I was looking it up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:11:27 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10737 on: April 27, 2016, 12:58:08 pm »
How weird is it that yesterday at work, I looked up the Chernobyl disaster on Wikipedia?  April 26th is the 30th anniversary of the disaster.  I had no idea when I was looking it up.

Jeremy Wade fished there. Pretty good epsiode.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #10738 on: April 27, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »

Awesome! Best of luck to you, this is pretty exciting  :D

Quit staying away, pretty lady  ;)

That would be an efficient solution  ::) Since I have to take 1-hour lunch breaks, I'm taking 10-15 minutes to roam the forums now. Well, I say now, but I've been working for 3 days  ::)

I thought I sensed VGC becoming more lovely. It's always great to have you back. Are you still playing Atelier Totori?

I haven't touched it in a week, since I had 3 interviews and a lot of preparation to do. I do plan on continuing soon, though! :)

kashell

« Reply #10739 on: April 27, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »
Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying it. It sounds like the interviews went well, too.