Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597218 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11955 on: August 27, 2016, 11:02:22 pm »
Please talk me out of buying a woody 2600. I mean. The only reason I want it. Is cause I had it as a kid. And already have a 7800
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #11956 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:10 am »
Do it!  I have three, I'll trade you for your 7800. ;)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

pacpix

« Reply #11957 on: August 28, 2016, 04:28:40 pm »
Buy it!  You can never have enough Atari consoles!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #11958 on: August 29, 2016, 08:17:46 am »
Do those of you that have a lot games find it hard to find the motivation to go out in the wild and hunt?

I'm finding, as my collection grows, that I'm finding less and less games that actually want in the wild anymore. And it's starting to feel like, why even try anymore? I'm coming home empty-handed too often, and often just end up eBaying something instead.

Anyone else in this spot?
My lack of motivation is driven by how hard it is to find ANY games for good prices.  But when I take the day and go out places I always come home with something.

kashell

« Reply #11959 on: August 29, 2016, 08:21:31 am »
All of the battle trophies in Star Ocean 5 have been acquired. Now, I just need to beat the game on Chaos mode and I'll have done everything there is to do for another platinum.

shepard11

« Reply #11960 on: August 30, 2016, 02:34:08 pm »
Please talk me out of buying a woody 2600. I mean. The only reason I want it. Is cause I had it as a kid. And already have a 7800

I have to agree with everyone else. Ya need a 2600. I still have mine from when I was a kid.

rayne315

« Reply #11961 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:51 pm »

You can go out and buy the plug and play instead for right around the same price as you can buy a 2600. and you will have less frustration on which games to play also. 105 built in games with about 30-40 of them being re-skins of existing games you know and love and a few new mazes for your pac-man. heck some of them may not even work just like real games!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11963 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »
We don't have a "What are you Reading?" thread, so I guess this thread fits:

I just finished re-reading these. Fantastic reads! Review ahead:

This was my favorite series of books as a kid. And re-reading them as an adult, I can see why. It's very well-written science fiction from beginning to end, with a great message about humanity's future and the direction we should be heading. (Keeping in mind that it's aimed at pre-teens.)

The first two books start off as your average, alien-invasion story with the characters trying to convince the rest of their town that aliens are already here, and are planning on abducting kids to study. But then at the end of the 2nd book and into the 3rd book, it suddenly changes to a VERY sci-fi story with lots of detailed descriptions of aliens and their technology, as well as their different ways and how different the aliens are physically.

Soon the characters discover that the aliens only wanted to abduct the kids to try and resolve "The Earth Question." They want to see why we treat our planet and each other the way we do (no other alien species act this way). Humanity is at the end of faster-than-light travel and doesn't realize is. Except they are the only species in over 10,000 to reach this point, but at the same time haven't stopped war, greed, and poverty. The aliens are afraid what will happen if they join the greater galaxy and the destruction and chaos we will cause. They are debating what to do with us (including destroying us). It's up to the characters to work together with the aliens both convincing them of humanity's need to survive and learning from them. Along the way some very emotional moments happen including a father-son reunion that truthfully made me tear-up a little.

Check this one out, even though it's aimed at pre-teens. Sci-fi fans (especially Star Trek fans) should really enjoy it. They are quick reads, considering the target audience, too. So it's not a big commitment or anything
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:00:08 pm by burningdoom »

desocietas

« Reply #11964 on: August 30, 2016, 06:24:12 pm »
Omg I totally read the first three books of that series when I was young. I think I recall one portion about the kid's brain being fried. Seeing those covers is a blast from the past.

The other day, this series was brought back to mind:

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11965 on: August 31, 2016, 10:41:43 am »
Now that I finished Star Ocean V, I need to figure out what to play next. I'm thinking about going with Baten Kaitos: Origins since I haven't touched the Cube in a while.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11966 on: August 31, 2016, 10:44:49 am »
Now that I finished Star Ocean V, I need to figure out what to play next. I'm thinking about going with Baten Kaitos: Origins since I haven't touched the Cube in a while.

Gotta love the GameCube.  I need to spend sometime with my little, purple lunchbox.

« Reply #11967 on: August 31, 2016, 10:52:50 am »
I just got my second copy of that game, need to get rid of my loose copy.

kashell

« Reply #11968 on: August 31, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »

Gotta love the GameCube.  I need to spend sometime with my little, purple lunchbox.

Ha! I never heard it get called that before; I like it.

I just got my second copy of that game, need to get rid of my loose copy.

Second copy of Origins or Star Ocean V?

« Reply #11969 on: August 31, 2016, 12:58:58 pm »
Origins.