Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597234 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11940 on: August 23, 2016, 01:56:42 pm »
Downloaded WWE 2k16 for free off xbox live, mind you, last wrestling game i owned and played was No Mercy on n64

Man this game is complicated and hard. The submission mini game is total bs, and the reversal system is annoying.

No Mercy was a good place to stop.  I really wish they'd bring back that type of controls to a wrestling game.  That was the mountain top!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11941 on: August 23, 2016, 03:08:07 pm »
Downloaded WWE 2k16 for free off xbox live, mind you, last wrestling game i owned and played was No Mercy on n64

Man this game is complicated and hard. The submission mini game is total bs, and the reversal system is annoying.

No Mercy was a good place to stop.  I really wish they'd bring back that type of controls to a wrestling game.  That was the mountain top!

Kinda agree, No Mercy is amazing, i actually started to play again haha.

Though i am enjoying the Stone Cold show case since he is one of my favs. I refuse to use "new" kane, only masked kane...
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11942 on: August 23, 2016, 03:22:25 pm »
Ye gods I'm exhausted. I forgot how tiring weddings can be.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11943 on: August 23, 2016, 05:32:50 pm »

I got frustrated with it at first, too. But then I found the difficulty sliders in the options menu for different things like reversals an submissions, it made the game a lot more enjoyable when I cranked those down. The story mode is fantastic if you're a fan of the Attitude Era, and worth a playthrough for that. Great presentation with lots of recap videos (real footage) in-between matches, filling in the storyline.

desocietas

« Reply #11944 on: August 23, 2016, 08:39:57 pm »
I've been hanging around here for five years now  :o

I lurk a lot more than I post these days due to not gaming or collecting much currently, but I just wanted to say thank you to the community for continuing to be great over the years.  There is a reason vgcollect.com/forum is still the first website that I visit whenever I turn on my computer.  :)

Aw, you should know that you are one of the reasons that the site is a great one!

Happy anniversary! My fifth anniversary passed already... Time flies! :O

Happy 5 years! Nice new avatar! Didn't notice the change until now. Playing through RH lately? I'm about halfway through I think but sadly I only play it during trips. Might need to start playing before bed or something and get through it!

Thanks! I was playing it when I changed it initially, but atm I'm playing No Man's Sky and Monster Hunter Generations, albeit both verrryyyyy slowly.  RH is great but I feel like I have to be in the right mindset to play it. I'm maybe about 40% through? Hard to tell, but I'm also not looking at walkthroughs or anything because I like to play my games with no outside knowledge.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #11945 on: August 25, 2016, 09:38:29 am »
Holy shit.  I just got Haunting Ground for $50.  I'm stoked.

kashell

« Reply #11946 on: August 25, 2016, 10:01:04 am »

Awesome!! I'm excited for you (and your wife I think?) to play it! You got a hell of a deal, too.

azure

« Reply #11947 on: August 25, 2016, 08:01:48 pm »

Great game, enjoy!

kashell

« Reply #11948 on: August 26, 2016, 09:42:07 am »
The mentioning of Haunting Ground makes me want to adopt a White Shepherd. I wouldn't name him/her Hewie, though.

kashell

« Reply #11949 on: August 26, 2016, 03:07:45 pm »
Double posting because I'm worth it.

I just learned I'm getting a promotion at work. Time to celebrate with champagne and game shopping!

rayne315

« Reply #11950 on: August 26, 2016, 03:29:25 pm »
Double posting because I'm worth it.

I just learned I'm getting a promotion at work. Time to celebrate with champagne and game shopping!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Didn't you just receive a promotion a few months ago?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #11951 on: August 26, 2016, 03:50:19 pm »
Thanks!

I started in a new position a few months ago; I guess they like.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11952 on: August 26, 2016, 08:12:51 pm »
Do those of you that have a lot games find it hard to find the motivation to go out in the wild and hunt?

I'm finding, as my collection grows, that I'm finding less and less games that actually want in the wild anymore. And it's starting to feel like, why even try anymore? I'm coming home empty-handed too often, and often just end up eBaying something instead.

Anyone else in this spot?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11953 on: August 26, 2016, 11:32:19 pm »
Do those of you that have a lot games find it hard to find the motivation to go out in the wild and hunt?

I'm finding, as my collection grows, that I'm finding less and less games that actually want in the wild anymore. And it's starting to feel like, why even try anymore? I'm coming home empty-handed too often, and often just end up eBaying something instead.

Anyone else in this spot?

I don't think it's the size of your collection. I think it's the lack of deals out there. They happen, but they're so few and far between.

I don't go out near as much as I used to. It's a bunch of work with no payoff. If you do find something, the seller (garage sale, thrift store, etc) wants eBay prices. Might was well save the time and gas and buy off of eBay.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11954 on: August 27, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »
I don't go looking much anymore. But I did just get back from yet another con! Got some more goodies.

I like cons better than hunting, it's like having eBay live, pretty much anything you want is there and instant gratification when you buy. Have come to hate buying anything online because there's just no satisfaction in it. By the time you get it, you loose enthusiasm for it, if you're lucky enough that nothing went wrong in shipping, or with your order.