Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597240 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12000 on: September 02, 2016, 02:53:44 pm »
Ever Oasis was one of the few games (outside of Zelda) that Nintendo showed at E3 that I was actually interested in. Looks to be a great little action-RPG.

BTW, does this game have any relation to Beyond Oasis (Genesis) and Legend of Oasis (Saturn)?

desocietas

« Reply #12001 on: September 02, 2016, 03:25:32 pm »
Ever Oasis was one of the few games (outside of Zelda) that Nintendo showed at E3 that I was actually interested in. Looks to be a great little action-RPG.

BTW, does this game have any relation to Beyond Oasis (Genesis) and Legend of Oasis (Saturn)?

afaik, I think it's a brand new IP from the Grezzo (folks who worked on Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora’s Mask 3D)...

I forgot to mention the other amiibo of interest to me:
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12002 on: September 02, 2016, 04:06:18 pm »
^^^

Holy. Shit. Balls. That has to be the cutest thing I have seen all day.

desocietas

« Reply #12003 on: September 02, 2016, 05:10:14 pm »
^^^

Holy. Shit. Balls. That has to be the cutest thing I have seen all day.

i know - i have to have it!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #12004 on: September 03, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »
Dragoncon... but stuck at work all weekend.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Warmsignal

« Reply #12005 on: September 05, 2016, 11:21:14 am »
I was looking at PS4s on Craigslist again. Do you guys think something shady is going on if they're selling for about $120? I'm seeing several low priced ones on here, claim to be working. The pawn shops around here seem to ask about $250, but a lot of Craigslist posts have them for significantly lower.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12006 on: September 05, 2016, 01:31:18 pm »
A lot of times (in my experience) when you email those ads, because they're email contact only, you get back, "This one sold, but I can tell you where I got it.  They have loads of cheap blah blah blah!"   It can't hurt to email.  Arrange to meet them in a safe place.  I've bought a $200 PS4 with a controller and 4 games (Diablo III is amazing!), so it is possible.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12007 on: September 05, 2016, 01:40:24 pm »
A lot of times (in my experience) when you email those ads, because they're email contact only, you get back, "This one sold, but I can tell you where I got it.  They have loads of cheap blah blah blah!"   It can't hurt to email.  Arrange to meet them in a safe place.  I've bought a $200 PS4 with a controller and 4 games (Diablo III is amazing!), so it is possible.

Yeah, I kind of figured. I think I'll avoid CL for a PS4. It's just too shady. The local paper is probably a safer way to go, but I'll probably end up going to a pawn shop eventually. People get mugged or shot over this kind of crap, doesn't seem worth it when I think about it, could be broken, stolen, etc. The PS4 is like a predator's bait of choice right now, it seems like.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12008 on: September 05, 2016, 01:44:33 pm »

Yeah, I kind of figured. I think I'll avoid CL for a PS4. It's just too shady. The local paper is probably a safer way to go, but I'll probably end up going to a pawn shop eventually. People get mugged or shot over this kind of crap, doesn't seem worth it when I think about it, could be broken, stolen, etc. The PS4 is like a predator's bait of choice right now, it seems like.

Well-lit, public areas are your friend.  My little town has a few parking spots at the police station just for Craigslist and Facebook Yardsale meetups. 

My personal (and probably not right) opinion about stolen stuff is, I didn't steal it.  I might as well enjoy it and save some money.  A good way to see if something is stolen is to offer a stupid low amount and tell them you can meet right now.  If it's not stolen they will wait.  If it is hot, they'll be looking to get rid of it fast.  Just my 2 cents.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12009 on: September 05, 2016, 03:14:30 pm »
Bought my 2 rack mount power supplies this weekend. my retro gaming set up is finally complete :D. With a flip of a switch and a push of a botton, i can play any of my systems now :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #12010 on: September 06, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

I will always offer this piece of advice. call up your local bank and ask if you can do your craigslist deals in the bank. 1. witnesses 2. lots of cameras 3. possibly guards (depending on the bank/location) 4. alarms

ive only done a handful of craigslist stuff but have always done them in my bank. that way you don't have to have the money directly on you and you have the peace of mind.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #12011 on: September 06, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
Another reason why I prefer hot weather to cold weather is because my workplace's temperature is always set to freezing. Nearly everyone is always bundled up in a sweater.

« Reply #12012 on: September 06, 2016, 04:26:45 pm »
I'd rather be cold and bundled up than hot and sweaty and not able to do anything about it.

rayne315

« Reply #12013 on: September 06, 2016, 04:41:03 pm »
I'd rather be cold and bundled up than hot and sweaty and not able to do anything about it LEGALLY.

fixed

at least while out of the house.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12014 on: September 06, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »
I'd rather be cold and bundled up than hot and sweaty and not able to do anything about it LEGALLY.

fixed

at least while out of the house.

QFT  I can only take off so many clothes.

Edit: Without getting paid, that is.   8)