Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670928 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12180 on: October 14, 2016, 02:11:59 pm »
This year will be the first year I'm going to try and take my daughter Trick-or-Treating. She'll be nearly 2 years old (2 month shy). She's going as a ladybug (last year she was Supergirl, but it was just for pictures, really).

I expect her to last one, maybe two blocks, then want to head home.

kashell

« Reply #12181 on: October 14, 2016, 03:03:27 pm »
This year, we aren't going to be having a Halloween party because we'll be in San Francisco. Every year since 2008, some friends of mine participate in "13 Bars of Booooozing." They pick a city that has 13 bars lined up next to each other and enjoy the fun in each one. The city of choice this year is San Fran. This will be my first time to California and I'm really excited about all the adventures that are going to be had.

Plus, I'll be dressing up as Rion from Galerians so that makes it even more exciting. ^.^

Nice! SF isn't quite as crazy as it used to be during Halloween. The Castro was always *the* spot to go to for Halloween, but some violence about 10 years ago eventually led to the "cancellation" of Halloween in SF. Bars and spots will be open like regular but they no longer close off streets for folks to mill around, though I'm sure there will still be lots of people around!

Interesting! I'll have to keep all of that in mind. We're going to be there for a while so I know that we'll be taking some time to visit the redwoods, wine country, and other touristy things.

And if I run into a game shop here or there, that's fine, too. ^.~

rayne315

« Reply #12182 on: October 14, 2016, 03:13:48 pm »
This year will be the first year I'm going to try and take my daughter Trick-or-Treating. She'll be nearly 2 years old (2 month shy). She's going as a ladybug (last year she was Supergirl, but it was just for pictures, really).

not if your feeding her candy along the way  ;) that's how the last 10-15 blocks
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12183 on: October 14, 2016, 04:52:38 pm »
Interesting! I'll have to keep all of that in mind. We're going to be there for a while so I know that we'll be taking some time to visit the redwoods, wine country, and other touristy things.

And if I run into a game shop here or there, that's fine, too. ^.~

Awesome! I live about 20 min or so from SF. Not many game stores outside of the usual GameStops, but there are a few good spots outside the city if you have the wheels to get there! Personally, I also like visiting even chains like GameStops in other areas because the used games are often different from what I usually find in my area.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #12184 on: October 16, 2016, 08:00:28 pm »

I've got say, two types of people that really get under my skin. One, is salespeople. I can't stand em'. I know it's their job, and I know they think they're really sly, or whatever. I know their job too, and I know their strategies and how they think about people. Problem is, I'm not a fiddle and they can't play me. I'm either going to buy something, or I'm not. Salespeople automatically drive me away from it when they start in on their routine with me. If I have a question, I'll ask. Otherwise, leave me alone.

Second, and somewhat related. Nosy people. I'm fairly reserved about my personal life, and more so in person. If I want to share something, I'll volunteer it. But I can't stand when people try to pry and ask all kinds of questions that quite frankly, are none of their business. Usually, these people don't know when to quit either. We're not dating, so cut it out please... is what I'd like to say. *sigh*

I guess that's it.

desocietas

« Reply #12185 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:32 pm »
One, is salespeople. I can't stand em'. I know it's their job, and I know they think they're really sly, or whatever. I know their job too, and I know their strategies and how they think about people. Problem is, I'm not a fiddle and they can't play me. I'm either going to buy something, or I'm not. Salespeople automatically drive me away from it when they start in on their routine with me. If I have a question, I'll ask. Otherwise, leave me alone.

What's sad is that sometimes the salespeople know that the customers don't like it. Unfortunately, their supervisors and company pretty much force them to be upselling and talking up the sales pitch, otherwise they get docked during performance evaluations. I wish companies would realize that customers don't like the upsell and the schpiel, but squeezing money outta folks is more interesting to them than being a nice salesperson who gives people their space.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12186 on: October 16, 2016, 10:18:13 pm »
This XBone is pissing me off already. I just hooked it up, popped in Rare Replay (because that's the game I have), and it goes to downloading all the games. WTF?  Can't I just play these old games off of a disc?  What the hell?

kashell

« Reply #12187 on: October 17, 2016, 09:24:04 am »
Second, and somewhat related. Nosy people. I'm fairly reserved about my personal life, and more so in person. If I want to share something, I'll volunteer it. But I can't stand when people try to pry and ask all kinds of questions that quite frankly, are none of their business. Usually, these people don't know when to quit either. We're not dating, so cut it out please... is what I'd like to say. *sigh*

I used to be really nosy. I liked learning about other people's past relationships, jobs, drama, etc. It might be because I enjoy talking in general. Later, I realized how annoying it was and stopped prying. Now, if they volunteered information then it was fair game for me to get back into information seeking mode.

desocietas

« Reply #12188 on: October 17, 2016, 11:05:13 am »
So, uh... how's that Red Dead tease working out for you guys?  ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12189 on: October 17, 2016, 11:18:28 am »
So, uh... how's that Red Dead tease working out for you guys?  ;)
I've seen a Red Dead x Cowboy Bebop joke teaser and a Forza Motorsport 6 Horse Expansion joke so far.

https://twitter.com/tamoorh/status/788005920819130368
https://twitter.com/BeetleComet/status/788010327111860224

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12190 on: October 17, 2016, 12:26:13 pm »

have fun! I wanna grow my beard extra long and go as a viking warrior one year and go with my nephews. i just need a sword or battle axe and some animal type hides :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #12191 on: October 17, 2016, 01:49:17 pm »
Just came across this in the comments section in an old posting about Dark Spire being $5 at GameStop (this was 7 years ago, so don't get your hopes up on this title now):

I was surprised to see this. Makes me wonder what people think when they say "hardcore gamers." I personally am not a fan of pirating games - I don't like digital games anyway, but I don't go out of my way to find a pirated copy when I can go out and buy it legitimately. I haven't known many folks who did the flash cart/ROM thing with their DS, and those who did considered themselves far from hardcore. They did it because they didn't want to spend a lot of money on games that they just wanted to try or play briefly, in addition to games that wouldn't normally be available on the DS handheld.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #12192 on: October 17, 2016, 02:23:21 pm »
This XBone is pissing me off already. I just hooked it up, popped in Rare Replay (because that's the game I have), and it goes to downloading all the games. WTF?  Can't I just play these old games off of a disc?  What the hell?

:(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12193 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:44 pm »

i said the same thing when i got it
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12194 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:47 pm »

From what I understand, PS4 is no different. Wii U is the only current-gen system that plays games right off the disc.