Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671004 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12195 on: October 17, 2016, 09:24:50 pm »
This XBone is pissing me off already. I just hooked it up, popped in Rare Replay (because that's the game I have), and it goes to downloading all the games. WTF?  Can't I just play these old games off of a disc?  What the hell?

From what I understand, PS4 is no different. Wii U is the only current-gen system that plays games right off the disc.

I haven't had any killer wait times with my PS4.  It was 2-3 min tops.  This was, no exaggeration, over half an hour.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12196 on: October 18, 2016, 12:41:53 am »
Oh man, what a miserable week. Don't know if it's poison ivy, sunburn, or both. I've been breaking out very gradually and itching all over, and some areas turned red, sore, and started blistering and hurting like sunburn. It's the weirdest thing and it's lasting forever.  :-\

kashell

« Reply #12197 on: October 18, 2016, 08:19:39 am »
This XBone is pissing me off already. I just hooked it up, popped in Rare Replay (because that's the game I have), and it goes to downloading all the games. WTF?  Can't I just play these old games off of a disc?  What the hell?

From what I understand, PS4 is no different. Wii U is the only current-gen system that plays games right off the disc.

I haven't had any killer wait times with my PS4.  It was 2-3 min tops.  This was, no exaggeration, over half an hour.

I never even had to wait that long. I would pop the disc in, there would be a quick install message and I could hop right into the fun.

Oh man, what a miserable week. Don't know if it's poison ivy, sunburn, or both. I've been breaking out very gradually and itching all over, and some areas turned red, sore, and started blistering and hurting like sunburn. It's the weirdest thing and it's lasting forever.  :-\

Get to a dermatologist. They can help identify what the issue is and get you some good meds.

rayne315

« Reply #12198 on: October 18, 2016, 11:43:36 am »

and with the ps4 you don't even have to wait till it fully downloads. you can pay it through downloads/updates. just not online.

Ill trade you... I think I dislocated my rib over the weekend and it will be Friday/Saturday before I will be able to see my chiropractor. im also one of those people that wont take medication (aside from what I can make naturally) so I am having to deal with the pain and make sure I don't move in my natural way or I get a huge shock of pain on my right side.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:49:07 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12199 on: October 18, 2016, 12:55:48 pm »
What the hell is with Lagoon on SNES?!

Who thought that the main character's attack was sufficient and sent it out that way? It's barely freaking playable! Your main character attack with what looks to be a boy scout pocket knife. And he is definetly right-handed, becuase you HAVE to attack from the right side, being that your "sword" is so freaking short! And the enemies seem to know this, becuase they always try to come at you from the left! So frustrating, especially since it looks to be a great action-RPG, otherwise.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12200 on: October 18, 2016, 02:42:10 pm »

and with the ps4 you don't even have to wait till it fully downloads. you can pay it through downloads/updates. just not online.

Ill trade you... I think I dislocated my rib over the weekend and it will be Friday/Saturday before I will be able to see my chiropractor. im also one of those people that wont take medication (aside from what I can make naturally) so I am having to deal with the pain and make sure I don't move in my natural way or I get a huge shock of pain on my right side.

Oh wow, I didn't know it was THAT much of a difference between the two systems.

And on XBox One, you can play partway through the download, too. Depends on the game. I was playing matches on WWE 2K16 long before it finished.

With Rare Replay, in particular, though, it should be played off the disc. It's not as much information to stream as a full-fledged, next-gen game.

desocietas

« Reply #12201 on: October 18, 2016, 02:44:52 pm »
It varies per PS4 game as far as I've seen. Some let you play pretty much instantaneously, but some have a day 1 patch, etc. that needs to be downloaded/installed prior to play.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12202 on: October 18, 2016, 03:02:34 pm »
I see you have Exist Archive in your collection, Lady D! Did you have a chance to try it out yet? I'm expecting my copy (Vita) to arrive today.

desocietas

« Reply #12203 on: October 18, 2016, 03:28:37 pm »
I see you have Exist Archive in your collection, Lady D! Did you have a chance to try it out yet? I'm expecting my copy (Vita) to arrive today.

Not yet! Currently on Yo-kai Watch, so I probably won't get to it anytime soon... Got it yesterday from Aksys, and it looks good!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #12204 on: October 18, 2016, 08:50:25 pm »

For Rare Replay, I'm pretty sure you could manually stop whatever download you want, so you don't have to install everything at the same time.

Also, Rare Replay is an exception because the Xbox 360 games in the collection are being digitally downloaded from the Xbox Store, not from the disc. So naturally it has more download time compared to other Xbox One games since it's bringing in 5-6 titles from the Store.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12205 on: October 18, 2016, 11:19:59 pm »

For Rare Replay, I'm pretty sure you could manually stop whatever download you want, so you don't have to install everything at the same time.

Also, Rare Replay is an exception because the Xbox 360 games in the collection are being digitally downloaded from the Xbox Store, not from the disc. So naturally it has more download time compared to other Xbox One games since it's bringing in 5-6 titles from the Store.

But it's not abnormal for XBox One. Rare Replay is hardly an exception.

kashell

« Reply #12206 on: October 19, 2016, 08:39:08 am »

Not yet! Currently on Yo-kai Watch, so I probably won't get to it anytime soon... Got it yesterday from Aksys, and it looks good!

It does look good! I still haven't gotten my copy. USPS is, once again, proving to me that they're kind of awful. I'll be playing it as soon as I can so I'll try to post some impressions.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12207 on: October 19, 2016, 11:04:27 am »
Did anyone play River City Tokyo Rumble for the 3DS?  I just found out about it. I hope it's good.

telly

« Reply #12208 on: October 19, 2016, 11:27:36 am »

Eh, I would wager that for Rare Replay actually is. For most Xbox One games you're installing the data from the disc, and maybe a digital Xbox 360 game from the store as well (like how you get a digital copy of Fallout 3 downloaded from the store with Fallout 4).

For Rare Replay, you have the data from the disc, 5 Xbox 360 games, and all the other games downloaded from the store that they couldn't fit on the disc. All I'm saying is that that game has more download/install time on average than your typical Xbox One game.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12209 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »

Eh, I would wager that for Rare Replay actually is. For most Xbox One games you're installing the data from the disc, and maybe a digital Xbox 360 game from the store as well (like how you get a digital copy of Fallout 3 downloaded from the store with Fallout 4).

For Rare Replay, you have the data from the disc, 5 Xbox 360 games, and all the other games downloaded from the store that they couldn't fit on the disc. All I'm saying is that that game has more download/install time on average than your typical Xbox One game.

I've had plenty of games take hours to install on my XBox One. Halo 5, the Wolfensteins, and Batman Arkham Knight immediately come to mind. And even though WWE 2K16 let me play exhibition matches as it loaded (with only 3 characters), it took forever to install it 100%.

Saying this as an XBox One owner, Rare Replay is NOT an exception. XBox One install times are freaking ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:36:19 pm by burningdoom »