Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1604902 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12315 on: November 17, 2016, 12:33:29 pm »
So since the Wii U is an 8th generation console, does that make the Nintendo Switch the first 9th generation console?

i was wondering the same thing..... i almost wanna call it 8.5 like the pro and s will be, maybe?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12316 on: November 17, 2016, 12:38:32 pm »
So since the Wii U is an 8th generation console, does that make the Nintendo Switch the first 9th generation console?

i was wondering the same thing..... i almost wanna call it 8.5 like the pro and s will be, maybe?

But those are just new models of the same system. Switch is an entirely new system.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12317 on: November 17, 2016, 02:23:32 pm »
I don't think system generations are really a thing anymore IMO

Warmsignal

« Reply #12318 on: November 17, 2016, 09:31:03 pm »

Maybe it's Nintendo's 2nd 8th gen console.

rayne315

« Reply #12319 on: November 18, 2016, 09:55:25 am »
im so fucking pissed. I forgot to lock my car last night and someone decided it would be best to root around in it. They didn't get anything I care about just my old pair of glasses, some sun glasses I found while hiking in the woods, a handful of change ~$4-5 worth, and a big ass geo-coin (from back in my geocaching days). im just glad they didn't decide to break my fucking window.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #12320 on: November 18, 2016, 10:07:20 am »
im so fucking pissed. I forgot to lock my car last night and someone decided it would be best to root around in it. They didn't get anything I care about just my old pair of glasses, some sun glasses I found while hiking in the woods, a handful of change ~$4-5 worth, and a big ass geo-coin (from back in my geocaching days). im just glad they didn't decide to break my fucking window.

That's annoying. But, at least there was no lasting damage to your car and it's still functioning.

I did that when I was living in in Atlanta. They stole my GPS. I was equally pissed at myself for not remembering to lock the doors and the lack of manners of the thieves.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12321 on: November 18, 2016, 12:42:20 pm »
I've always wondered if someone broke into my car, would they steal my CD book? I mean, there's like almost no value in CDs and most record stores won't take them without the artwork. So unless we share the same taste, I see no point. But, it would really suck because I keep a bunch of them in there.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12322 on: November 18, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »
I don't think system generations are really a thing anymore IMO

I've heard a few people say this. I don't see that. Making new models of the same system (PS4 Pro, XBox One S) is nothing new, at all. They've been doing that since the Atari 2600 Jr. Hell, they even did it with Pong when Atari made "Super Pong".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:07:52 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #12323 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:16 pm »
Final Fantasy XV is coming out soon and has been getting plenty of coverage and hype. I'm interested in what everyone thought about a game in the same series that essentially went through the same scenario prior to its release.

For those that played it, what did you think of Final Fantasy XIII?

« Reply #12324 on: November 21, 2016, 01:30:41 pm »
Does anybody know if Armored Core: Verdict Day for PS3 came with a manual?

I can't find any info anywhere about a manual for the game, but I think I've seen a 360 manual once.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12325 on: November 21, 2016, 02:15:05 pm »
Made a new charc. in fallout 4 and started to use mods(ps4).... after beating the game twice already, my lack of excitement to go do the story line again is at an all time high. i spent yesterday trying to unlock locations for later fast travel purposes

though i enjoying have all perks already and being able to own all power armor types and schemes and moding weapons.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #12326 on: November 21, 2016, 02:15:12 pm »

I can't find any info anywhere about a manual for the game, but I think I've seen a 360 manual once.

It looks like the asian/english version had some sort of booklet but the NA PS3 one did not. Usually when they print the health/safety info on the reverse side of the artwork, it usually means that there's no booklet (from what I've come across).

Same seems to be the case for the 360 version for NA. The PAL version has a booklet, but not NTSC :(
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:17:04 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #12327 on: November 21, 2016, 02:16:57 pm »

My friend got it day one, so sealed. Their copy does not have a manual, they said.

« Reply #12328 on: November 21, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »
Thanks folks.  I've been looking for it for so long, waiting to find a copy with a manual, now I know I don't need to keep waiting.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12329 on: November 21, 2016, 03:56:25 pm »
We keep getting NES clones and Genesis clones. And people keep flocking to them.

...when are we gonna get a Master System, TurboGrafx, or 3DO clone? I want to play games that I'm not familiar with. Not games we've all played a 1000 times over.