Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600785 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12345 on: November 27, 2016, 07:17:03 am »
Okay I didn't expect something like this to happen. Wii U was working fine yesterday with no problems at all, I go to turn it on today and the game pad is dead. Cradle is not the problem, plugged it directly in, and nothing. No power at all. I'm really hoping it's the cord but have absolutely no reason for why the cord might fail, it never gets touched or moved. So it either just shorted out randomly, or the battery inside of my game pad suddenly died, but it's been holding a normal charge and I never leave it off.  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12346 on: November 27, 2016, 10:54:09 am »
Contact Nintendo. They're usually pretty good with customer service and repairs.

It's been a while, but I got my NES repaired as a kid, for free. We sent it to them, and they sent it back repaired with a free official NES console and game cleaning kit.

Hopefully they're just as good as they were, can't hurt to try.

karyann

« Reply #12347 on: November 27, 2016, 12:07:25 pm »

Yup, if your warranty is still valid you'll have your console back and working in record time, and for free! If your warranty isn't valid anymore though, you'll have the same great service but will have to pay for it. I sent them 2 faulty consoles (a 3DS and a WiiU) and had a console back in under a week in both cases.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12348 on: November 27, 2016, 12:49:58 pm »
Well, strangely one of their tips is to unplug the cord from the wall for 2 minutes, and then try again. Somehow that worked. Weird.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12349 on: November 27, 2016, 01:12:55 pm »

Yup, if your warranty is still valid you'll have your console back and working in record time, and for free! If your warranty isn't valid anymore though, you'll have the same great service but will have to pay for it. I sent them 2 faulty consoles (a 3DS and a WiiU) and had a console back in under a week in both cases.

Like I said, it's been a while. But my NES HAD to be out of warranty when we did it. SNES and Genesis were out by then.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12350 on: November 27, 2016, 01:15:44 pm »
Why does "platformer" come up as misspelled on auto-correct?

It always gives me a red-line when I type it. At this point, with 30+ years of platformers, that really should be an official word in the English language by now.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12351 on: November 27, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »
Whoever writes the code for auto-correct uses a very thin dictionary. I'm adding words to it every week.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12352 on: November 27, 2016, 07:53:18 pm »
Double post because reasons. I've noticed that a lot of Wii U stuff is rapidly dropping in value. I just grabbed a $20 Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival bundle. I've actually toyed with the idea of buying all of the amiibo bundle games just to have a set of them all. Wii U is going to be a very heavily collected system in the future, I have a feeling.

But something strange I just discovered, for some reason GameStop doesn't have Game & Wario on the website anymore. I can't find it in their system.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:55:01 pm by Warmsignal »

kashell

« Reply #12353 on: November 28, 2016, 09:49:53 am »
I decided to bite on a Cyber Monday deal. I finally bought a Wii U, and it's coming with a bunch of games and accessories. I already have access to a Wii U since my brother lent me his in exchange for my Xbone, but it's nice to know that I'll officially have one that's mine.

rayne315

« Reply #12354 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:09 am »
Well, strangely one of their tips is to unplug the cord from the wall for 2 minutes, and then try again. Somehow that worked. Weird.

lmao this just happened to me. all we did was unplug it from the wall and try it in different plugs (we thought the wall outlet shorted)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #12355 on: November 28, 2016, 10:20:40 am »
Microsoft tells you to do that with any Xbox One issues.  Clears it right up.

It's the only way to do a hard reset.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12356 on: November 28, 2016, 11:45:27 am »
I decided to bite on a Cyber Monday deal. I finally bought a Wii U, and it's coming with a bunch of games and accessories. I already have access to a Wii U since my brother lent me his in exchange for my Xbone, but it's nice to know that I'll officially have one that's mine.

Atta Boy!  Now you can play some of these great games

telly

« Reply #12357 on: November 28, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

Where did you buy your Wii U, if I may ask?
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #12358 on: November 28, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »
Just Game Stop. Nothing too fancy. ^.^

soera

« Reply #12359 on: November 28, 2016, 02:30:17 pm »
A rant. I am a pre-order kind of guy. I pre-order shit months before its available so that I can lock stuff in. One of these items was the FF XV Ultimate edition. I paid for it about 6 months ago and am awaiting it. I get a shipping notice 5-6 days ago and I get happy. Well, turns out Square enix has once again screwed me over on their shipping options. They decide to ship everything I buy via UPS using something called SurePost. It SureSucks. Its set up to hold an item til the end of its release day and then transfer it over to USPS so that it can take an additional 1-3 days to arrive at my house. They have done this with literally every single item I have bought from them. What the fuck is the purpose of it? I have been anticipating this game for months and now I have to wait longer than the average dillhole who just walks into Gamestop/Bestbuy/Walmart/Target/Goodwill whatever and picks up the copy right off the shelf. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.