Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606776 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12555 on: January 09, 2017, 01:18:17 pm »

On another note, what's with all of these small releases not becoming available at GS? Could be a sign of their business troubles. I'd rather just go out and pick this stuff up. I find it especially odd that Walmart is getting some of them, but not GS?

Which releases? Are you referring to games like Worms W.M.D PS4/XBONE & Runbow and Tumblestone for WiiU?

Yeah. I mean, I would expect GS to get them and not Walmart. Plus there are quite a few PS4 titles that only Amazon seems to have. No Wild Guns at GS?

« Reply #12556 on: January 09, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »
To continue the shitstorm that is bad decisions from Microsoft...

Scalebound has been cancelled.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #12557 on: January 09, 2017, 07:06:35 pm »
To continue the shitstorm that is bad decisions from Microsoft...

Scalebound has been cancelled.

I just heard! What a shame! I'm a big fan of Platinum Games, and Scalebound looked very promising. I don't have an Xbox One, but I was really looking forward to it on PC. I've heard some rumours that it had development issues however (I didn't follow the development closely, so I'm not sure), so who knows, maybe there were other reasons than just Microsoft being stupid. In any case, I'm very sad to see it go. :-(
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12558 on: January 09, 2017, 08:08:59 pm »
If anyone is interested, I figured I'd mention how I just noticed Super Smash Bros Wii U is on sale at Walmart and Target, $38 and some change for a new copy. I'm thinking of going out and picking up a copy. You can have either store price match their own website if it's not discounted in-store.

desocietas

« Reply #12559 on: January 09, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »
I'm not into the Zelda franchise, but I admit that this book looks pretty cool!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/818563025615482882
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #12560 on: January 09, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »
I'm not into the Zelda franchise, but I admit that this book looks pretty cool!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/818563025615482882

That's a pretty nifty slipcover.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #12561 on: January 10, 2017, 08:13:01 am »
I have both preordered.  I may cancel the limited edition because double the price just for the different cover and slipcase doesn't sound worth it.  Plus the regular edition looks better.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12562 on: January 10, 2017, 10:08:19 am »
I have both preordered.  I may cancel the limited edition because double the price just for the different cover and slipcase doesn't sound worth it.  Plus the regular edition looks better.
Yeah I pre-ordered the normal version for just $20 so a $60 price difference just for a cover variant isn't worth it.

rayne315

« Reply #12563 on: January 10, 2017, 12:27:48 pm »
It's snowing! A lot!

I live in California. It doesn't snow here.

embrace it! And DO NOT DRIVE IN IT. people who don't know how to drive in snow and ice are VERY dangerous. not saying you will be bad but others will be.

EDIT: LOL I just noticed when you posted that... its probably all melted by now.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #12564 on: January 10, 2017, 01:06:51 pm »
It's snowing! A lot!

embrace it! And DO NOT DRIVE IN IT. people who don't know how to drive in snow and ice are VERY dangerous. not saying you will be bad but others will be.

EDIT: LOL I just noticed when you posted that... its probably all melted by now.
It got down to like 19 degrees over here, I've never seen it get that cold down here.

My pipes froze and everything, I had no clue it was going to get that cold.  Of course, it's back to being like 80 degrees outside.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12565 on: January 10, 2017, 01:34:19 pm »
It's snowing! A lot!

Yeah, it stayed a day and a night, then it warmed up again. Winter here is usually in the 50s.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12566 on: January 10, 2017, 05:03:52 pm »
Guys, a word of warning. Don't buy a Ford Focus, or a Fiesta, especially the newer ones. I wish I had researched the car more before I bought it. Everyone has transmission problems out of these, and mine is in the shop for the second time over the transmission since buying it this past summer. It's a really faulty design for the automatic that is a computer controlled clutch, and it's just a mess and constantly has problems and they aren't fixing them or building them any differently after years of consumer complaints. Left me stranded the other night. When someone finally gets hurt or killed because of their shoddy engineering, I hope they get the pants sued off of them.

I wish I would have gone with the Elantra I was considering.

« Reply #12567 on: January 11, 2017, 01:14:30 am »
Guys, a word of warning. Don't buy a Ford Focus, or a Fiesta, especially the newer ones. I wish I had researched the car more before I bought it. Everyone has transmission problems out of these, and mine is in the shop for the second time over the transmission since buying it this past summer. It's a really faulty design for the automatic that is a computer controlled clutch, and it's just a mess and constantly has problems and they aren't fixing them or building them any differently after years of consumer complaints. Left me stranded the other night. When someone finally gets hurt or killed because of their shoddy engineering, I hope they get the pants sued off of them.

I will never buy an American car ever again as long as I live. They are all designed and engineered poorly, and most are prone to problems soon after driving them off the lot new. If you can get an American car up to 100,000 miles without a major repair you should consider yourself very lucky.

I've been buying only Japanese cars since 2004 and with only one exception (a Maxima that needed some moderate engine work at around 140k) they've been nothing but care free outside of routine maintenance and replacements (tires, batteries, oil, fluids, breaks). Specifically I'd recommend Hondas and Toyotas

« Reply #12568 on: January 11, 2017, 08:16:40 am »

I will never buy an American car ever again as long as I live. They are all designed and engineered poorly, and most are prone to problems soon after driving them off the lot new. If you can get an American car up to 100,000 miles without a major repair you should consider yourself very lucky.

I've been buying only Japanese cars since 2004 and with only one exception (a Maxima that needed some moderate engine work at around 140k) they've been nothing but care free outside of routine maintenance and replacements (tires, batteries, oil, fluids, breaks). Specifically I'd recommend Hondas and Toyotas
My Chevy Cobalt is at nearly 150k miles and I've only had 2 repairs.  Replace catalytic converter and replace alternator.  And both happened well after 140k.

My Dodge Challenger is only at around 40-50k, so we'll see.

kashell

« Reply #12569 on: January 11, 2017, 08:48:20 am »

That's awful that happened to you, but I'm not surprised.

My first car was a Chevy, and it gave me problem after problem since day one. I will never -EVER- buy another American car again.

In other news, I think Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne is going to bump it's way up to my top ten games of all time. I am having so much fun with it. Are the other games in the MT/SMT series this fun? I've played (and enjoyed) both Digital Devil Sagas, so I may start looking to reacquire those so I can play those again.