Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605011 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12540 on: January 06, 2017, 08:14:40 am »
Doods.  Hyperkin just announced a 3-in-1 adapter for the Retron 5 that will play Game Gear and SMS (carts and cards).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12541 on: January 06, 2017, 10:32:35 am »
Doods.  Hyperkin just announced a 3-in-1 adapter for the Retron 5 that will play Game Gear and SMS (carts and cards).

That's pretty exciting stuff.  I'll be getting one. 

I wonder if it just works with a Retron5, or if I can cram this thing in a Genesis

Flashback2012

« Reply #12542 on: January 06, 2017, 01:52:09 pm »

Whelp I guess that puts me in the market for a Retron 5 now. I, along with I'm sure a ton of other people, have only waited decades for a reliable way to play Game Gear games on a TV.  :D

« Reply #12543 on: January 06, 2017, 03:20:07 pm »

Whelp I guess that puts me in the market for a Retron 5 now. I, along with I'm sure a ton of other people, have only waited decades for a reliable way to play Game Gear games on a TV.  :D
I'm so hyped for this.  I've got a bunch of GG games I've been wanting to play for so long.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12544 on: January 06, 2017, 04:27:28 pm »
Will that work on an original Genesis?

« Reply #12545 on: January 06, 2017, 05:04:48 pm »
I would venture to guess that it will only work on the Retron 5 since the Retron 5 isn't a clone hardware but an emulation device.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12546 on: January 06, 2017, 05:55:53 pm »
I just climbed out from under a rock, and sort-of discovered the toys-to-life genre games. As part of my Wii U collecting goal, I'm planning to get all of the Skylander, Disney, and Lego starter packs for that console, but actually I'm kinda interested in them now. Particularly, the Lego Dimensions.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12547 on: January 07, 2017, 11:08:40 am »
It's snowing! A lot!

I live in California. It doesn't snow here.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12548 on: January 07, 2017, 01:40:26 pm »
Just believe Trump that there is no global warming.

desocietas

« Reply #12549 on: January 07, 2017, 02:43:05 pm »
If folks were interested, Wild Guns Reloaded with the keychain is back in stock: https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Reloaded-Limited-Keychain-PlayStation-4/dp/B01N5D9SGF/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #12550 on: January 08, 2017, 11:07:50 am »
Just believe Trump that there is no global warming.

I'm not a science major but imo, if we've already caused climate change there is no reversing the cycle. We also know that it has occurred naturally in the distant past. So whether we're heading for another major flood, or an ice age, we're screwed. A select few countries vowing to limit pollution won't save it. I guess it's worth a try, but it would need to come at the cost of the entire planet vowing to full stop vehicles, power plants, fertilizer, agriculture, people reproducing, etc. Since the records indicate the change began at the mid 1800s, we need to go back to pre-mid 1800s standards, or something equivalent to that. I don't see it happening, there are 8 billion of us now and counting!  :-X

On another note, what's with all of these small releases not becoming available at GS? Could be a sign of their business troubles. I'd rather just go out and pick this stuff up. I find it especially odd that Walmart is getting some of them, but not GS?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:38:27 am by Warmsignal »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12551 on: January 08, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »
Here we already live below sea level  ;)

« Reply #12552 on: January 09, 2017, 12:03:11 am »
Well fuck...

I got a free 43" Sony projection TV a few months ago and got some amazing gaming out of it in that time. Started playing Final Fantasy VII tonight and all the sudden the red in the picture started going crazy. Looked at various troubleshooting methods for this issue and nothing works. Only other option is a complicated replacement of some components on the motherboard which is way further than I'm willing to go on a free TV no matter how awesome it is. Really bummed about this.

kashell

« Reply #12553 on: January 09, 2017, 09:17:55 am »
Yeah, climate change is an issue. A real shame, too.

In other news, holy crap is SMT Nocturne fun. This is the most fun I've had with an RPG since maybe Panzer Dragoon Saga last year. I enjoy everything about it: story, characters, battles, options, graphics, music, etc. I can't believe I waited so long to play it!

Flashback2012

« Reply #12554 on: January 09, 2017, 10:43:01 am »

On another note, what's with all of these small releases not becoming available at GS? Could be a sign of their business troubles. I'd rather just go out and pick this stuff up. I find it especially odd that Walmart is getting some of them, but not GS?

Which releases? Are you referring to games like Worms W.M.D PS4/XBONE & Runbow and Tumblestone for WiiU?