Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670875 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12645 on: January 31, 2017, 01:23:09 pm »
Okay that was odd. I tried to log on last night and got the maintenance page. No biggie, I found other things to occupy myself. This morning I try again and the link sends me to some bead and jewelry place in Las Vegas.  :o

I tried to log onto that site and it brought me here. Is that like the internet version of a fake wall that leads down a sekrut hallway to the speakeasy?  :P

kashell

« Reply #12646 on: January 31, 2017, 02:01:13 pm »
How do I check my promotional credit balance on Amazon? Aside from asking for help from customer service, I can't find it anywhere. @_@

Two places you can check:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000811661
https://www.amazon.com/norushcredits

As always, Lady D is spot on. Thanks for the links!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12647 on: January 31, 2017, 02:52:46 pm »
Double Dragon IV came out today.  Do I get it now or wait for a humble bundle, steam sale, or just get it? 

I'm such a cheap bastard. It's only $6.99 :o

desocietas

« Reply #12648 on: January 31, 2017, 04:23:15 pm »
Okay that was odd. I tried to log on last night and got the maintenance page. No biggie, I found other things to occupy myself. This morning I try again and the link sends me to some bead and jewelry place in Las Vegas.  :o

I tried to log onto that site and it brought me here. Is that like the internet version of a fake wall that leads down a sekrut hallway to the speakeasy?  :P

I had the same issue this morning. I don't know the tech speak, but you might need to flush your DNS cache:
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache
More info here: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/domain-names/dns-nameserver-changes/domain-names-dns-changes

It took a few hours to kick in, but eventually I was able to see the site again. This seems to have affected some other folks using their work's network (but isn't an issue at home or another network).

From Matt:
"That site you are seeing is another one on the old server that we just moved off of last night. so it's not malicious or anything."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12649 on: January 31, 2017, 06:23:37 pm »
You ever buy a complete game online and it comes brand new and you just think to yourself damnit now I either have to open it or sell it and buy another.

desocietas

« Reply #12650 on: January 31, 2017, 06:31:23 pm »
You ever buy a complete game online and it comes brand new and you just think to yourself damnit now I either have to open it or sell it and buy another.

Haha, totally been there. It's a tough choice. If I'm not trying to play it immediately (and bought it more to add to my collection), I hold on to it until I want to play it. If I've stumbled across another CIB (and opened) version by then, I buy and play that one instead.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #12651 on: January 31, 2017, 08:25:25 pm »
Am I going crazy, or did a bunch of stuff I posted here last night get deleted? Maybe not even deleted, it's more like they never happened. :o Anyone else notice this happen to them?

Huh. Yeah I think you replied to my XCOM post, right? Which is gone now.... There was maintenance last night. Maybe stuff didn't carry over at a certain point?

Indeed I did reply to your XCOM post. A PM I sent another user seems to have disappeared as well, since it no longer shows up on my sent items page. The changes I made to my forum sig have been undone as well. ??? This is the first time this has happened to me in all the years I've been here, so I was just wondering if anyone might know what was up. Thanks for the reply. :) I suppose I'll just repost my stuff then.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #12652 on: February 02, 2017, 03:55:31 pm »
So i went to GOVG bevause i had nothing better to do.  And i notice they now have a sign with rules and one of them is "no haggling"  all prices are final, any attempt to haggle will be met with a warning, second attempt will result in a permanent ban from all GOVG stores.

desocietas

« Reply #12653 on: February 02, 2017, 04:06:04 pm »
So i went to GOVG bevause i had nothing better to do.  And i notice they now have a sign with rules and one of them is "no haggling"  all prices are final, any attempt to haggle will be met with a warning, second attempt will result in a permanent ban from all GOVG stores.

Wow, that seems like a difficult thing to enforce. How are their prices? I'm never the sort to haggle, personally. If the price is too high, I pass. If it's reasonable, I buy depending on condition. And if it's cheap, I snag it up.  I guess I hate the idea of feeling like I could save a buck or two if I give the clerk a hard time. I'm sure working at the front desk is not that fun.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12654 on: February 02, 2017, 05:18:33 pm »

Wow, that seems like a difficult thing to enforce. How are their prices? I'm never the sort to haggle, personally. If the price is too high, I pass. If it's reasonable, I buy depending on condition. And if it's cheap, I snag it up.  I guess I hate the idea of feeling like I could save a buck or two if I give the clerk a hard time. I'm sure working at the front desk is not that fun.

I am the haggling guy.  That's party of the fun for me.  Don't rob me of my experience.  If you can't haggle, just tell me you can't.  Just tell me that you're not the owner and they won't let you.  DO NOT tell me that someone else will pay full price.  I will hand you a $100 worth of games that I was intending on buying and walk out. 

kashell

« Reply #12655 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:43 am »

I am the haggling guy.  That's party of the fun for me.  Don't rob me of my experience.  If you can't haggle, just tell me you can't.  Just tell me that you're not the owner and they won't let you.  DO NOT tell me that someone else will pay full price.  I will hand you a $100 worth of games that I was intending on buying and walk out.

And let me tell you all: that is a fun sight to behold.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12656 on: February 03, 2017, 11:48:55 am »
I wouldn't try to haggle in a retail store. Doesn't seem like the appropriate venue. A flea market, or a game convention, maybe. Not sure what makes anyone think that other game stores, especially chain stores, are any different from GameStop in that respect.

rayne315

« Reply #12657 on: February 03, 2017, 01:55:37 pm »
I wouldn't try to haggle in a retail store. Doesn't seem like the appropriate venue. A flea market, or a game convention, maybe. Not sure what makes anyone think that other game stores, especially chain stores, are any different from GameStop in that respect.

you just got to know the people and the policies. some places like gamestop you cannot haggle but others like video games ect, which is another larger chain store, say they cant haggle but if you talk with a manager they can. still there are others where you can openly, the game store I go to all the time is like this, but only with cheap games they barely sell. you can go up with a handful of games and ask if they can take like $5 off the lot and they will tell you if the can or cant.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12658 on: February 03, 2017, 02:33:35 pm »

you just got to know the people and the policies. some places like gamestop you cannot haggle but others like video games ect, which is another larger chain store, say they cant haggle but if you talk with a manager they can. still there are others where you can openly, the game store I go to all the time is like this, but only with cheap games they barely sell. you can go up with a handful of games and ask if they can take like $5 off the lot and they will tell you if the can or cant.

True, I only hope (might passively ask) that I get a bit of a deal if I buy a handful of items from a spot like a thrift store. GameStop I wouldn't, but they can be nice about swapping out things (like a nicer box, cover art, manual, etc).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12659 on: February 03, 2017, 02:54:50 pm »
It never hurts to ask.  I used to get the employee discount at GameXChange (a chain) until they switched managers.  They don't know me in there now.  I ask at every store that isn't GameStop.  The worst that can happen (most of the time) is that they say no.  Very rarely is the guy a dick about it. 

Be sure to ask for the Cool Guy Discount.  I shit you not, it works a lot.