Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672230 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13170 on: May 31, 2017, 04:22:26 pm »
Am I the only one who is SUPER suspicious of ebay buyers who buy something from you and they have 0 feedback and they just signed up for their account.

I've had this twice in the past couple of weeks.  I'm waiting for a charge back or some shit.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:24:21 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13171 on: May 31, 2017, 04:43:36 pm »
I haven't had it happen to me with a buyer, yet. But if I see that on a seller, I won't buy the item.

« Reply #13172 on: June 01, 2017, 09:39:37 am »
I haven't had it happen to me with a buyer, yet. But if I see that on a seller, I won't buy the item.
I'm fairly certain this recent buyer is a scammer.

He isn't registered with paypal and it seems that I'm not eligible for seller protection.  I think I'm just going to take the negative feedback and try to fight it based on my communication attempts with the buyer.

So, I just saw this online, Gold PS4 Slim for $250.
https://i.redd.it/0xnws1025y0z.jpg

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13173 on: June 01, 2017, 11:21:55 am »
I hate that, Ignition!

I have almost beat Shadow Warrior in two days.

What to play next... ?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13174 on: June 01, 2017, 12:51:24 pm »

He isn't registered with paypal and it seems that I'm not eligible for seller protection.  I think I'm just going to take the negative feedback and try to fight it based on my communication attempts with the buyer.

If he doesn't have a PayPal account, then how does he plan to pay you? That's pretty much a must-have for eBay. Definitely don't accept a check from the guy.

« Reply #13175 on: June 01, 2017, 12:54:23 pm »

If he doesn't have a PayPal account, then how does he plan to pay you? That's pretty much a must-have for eBay. Definitely don't accept a check from the guy.
He paid with a credit card.  I guess Paypal lets you pay for goods without an account.

If I had seller protection, I wouldn't be concerned because Paypal would eat the charge back, but I don't appear to be eligible for seller protection in this instance, so I'm going to cancel his order. 

I wasn't aware, but ebay has an option that isn't obvious where you can block buyers who don't have a Paypal account from buying.

On a related note, anybody interested in buying my PS4 code for Friday the 13th?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:56:34 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13176 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »
Not only going to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, but I'm also going to San Francisco Comic-Con the month before!

Helluva year for me!

Funny thing is, though, that for a one-day pass at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, it's only $27. But the SF Comic-Con is a whopping $54 for one-day! Holy crap! I would've thought the gaming one would be more expensive.

rayne315

« Reply #13177 on: June 02, 2017, 03:33:30 pm »
Not only going to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, but I'm also going to San Francisco Comic-Con the month before!

Helluva year for me!

Funny thing is, though, that for a one-day pass at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, it's only $27. But the SF Comic-Con is a whopping $54 for one-day! Holy crap! I would've thought the gaming one would be more expensive.

conic-con has been going on for many many more years than the retro gaming expo and they "need" to get in celebrities raising the ticket price.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13178 on: June 02, 2017, 04:38:34 pm »

Helluva year for me!

conic-con has been going on for many many more years than the retro gaming expo and they "need" to get in celebrities raising the ticket price.

If they are putting celebrities into the price-equation, that's a bunch of B.S. Because most of the celebrities (that are more than just comic writers and artists) are charging for autographs/photos. Most of them starting at $40, and as high as $100.

Flashback2012

« Reply #13179 on: June 02, 2017, 06:50:12 pm »

Helluva year for me!

If they are putting celebrities into the price-equation, that's a bunch of B.S. Because most of the celebrities (that are more than just comic writers and artists) are charging for autographs/photos. Most of them starting at $40, and as high as $100.

That's part and parcel for bigger shows these days. Pop culture has exploded in the last twenty years and all of these bigger shows have developed a cross-pollination of sorts from other outlets besides comic books such as TV Shows, Movies, Video Games and collectibles. Also the venues tend to be in bigger places such as convention centers whereas back in the day an entire show could be held in a decent sized hotel.

I have scaled back on going to bigger shows lately because I've found smaller shows that cost a fraction of the price to gain entry and offer the same amount of product to peruse/purchase.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13180 on: June 05, 2017, 11:54:30 am »
I'm hoping for some advice, though I don't know if there really is a way to fix my problem, nicely.

My wife bought this new dress that she uses to lounge around the house in. Normally, I could care less about what clothes she wears, especially when relaxing around the house. It's not like I expect my wife to be make up every minute of the day for me. However this new dress is VERY unattractive on her. It seriously looks like she's wearing a moo-moo or something and does her no favors whatsoever. And I don't mean like it just doesn't look good on her, it makes her looks much fatter than she actually is.

Except I have no idea how to tell her this without it hurting her feelings. For now, I'm just leaving it alone. Any advice out there at all?

rayne315

« Reply #13181 on: June 05, 2017, 12:32:09 pm »
I'm hoping for some advice, though I don't know if there really is a way to fix my problem, nicely.

My wife bought this new dress that she uses to lounge around the house in. Normally, I could care less about what clothes she wears, especially when relaxing around the house. It's not like I expect my wife to be make up every minute of the day for me. However this new dress is VERY unattractive on her. It seriously looks like she's wearing a moo-moo or something and does her no favors whatsoever. And I don't mean like it just doesn't look good on her, it makes her looks much fatter than she actually is.

Except I have no idea how to tell her this without it hurting her feelings. For now, I'm just leaving it alone. Any advice out there at all?

have a rude friend come over when she is lounging around in it? "Lose" it in the laundry? throw it away when she is not looking? just be honest with her and tell her?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13182 on: June 05, 2017, 12:38:25 pm »

Honesty, my dude.  Just tell her. 
"Sweetheart, you are a very pretty lady.  Why don't you wear something that showcases your beauty.  That tent you have wrapped around you doesn't fit you at all.  In fact, it does the exact opposite."

*disclaimer: I'm also divorced.  Use this advice at your own risk.  Your ole buddy turf is not responsible for abrasions, lacerations, punctures, or contusions caused by flying objects or other implementations of female wrath.

desocietas

« Reply #13183 on: June 05, 2017, 01:07:29 pm »

Hm, interesting question. I'm wondering what I would prefer my bf to say if he found something that I like to be comfortable in to be unattractive. I guess part of it depends on how much your wife really likes the look of it (is it the color? the fabric? how she thinks she looks in it?). You could always say something like "This new dress is different from what you used to lounge around in - what prompted the change?" Tone is important - make sure you sound generally curious rather than judgmental. From her answer, you might be able to get some ideas on picking up a *new* dress for her that you might like more.

Alternatively, if you ever go shopping with her in a place that has clothes and pass by something loungey/cute, you can always point it out and say, "That looks comfortable. I bet it'd be cute on you, too." She might be willing to try it on in the fitting room and ask for thoughts.

It's rough - around the house, a lot of times, I just want to wear whatever feels comfortable regardless of how I look. I eventually move on to other loungey clothes.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #13184 on: June 05, 2017, 01:34:38 pm »

There is no way to do this. You need to "accidentally" cut it up with the lawn mower. Or do the same thing that females do ... start with "how much do you love me?" Then just drop that bomb like a boss.