Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671992 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13200 on: June 08, 2017, 10:07:53 pm »
My birthday is at the end of the month. I should dig through my emails to see if they sent me a coupon.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13201 on: June 09, 2017, 04:41:55 pm »

Does anyone know if you can buy a modern keyboard that looks like a Commodore 64?

That would be awesome, and if not, someone needs to make it.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13202 on: June 11, 2017, 01:04:43 pm »

Does anyone know if you can buy a modern keyboard that looks like a Commodore 64?

That would be awesome, and if not, someone needs to make it.

You would miss alot of keys......

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13203 on: June 11, 2017, 02:11:01 pm »
Well yeah, it would hopefully be modernized if it existed. I just thought it would be cool looking for my desktop PC if it existed.

rayne315

« Reply #13204 on: June 12, 2017, 10:20:58 am »
I had an amazing weekend garage sale wise!! ill post my finds after I get off work!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #13205 on: June 12, 2017, 07:25:44 pm »
Really wish that sellers on eBay would take the time to auto fill what they'll charge per additional item in shipping. Been waiting all day for an invoice for better shipping cost. Not gonna pay $11 for literally 5oz worth of stuff. Strap it to the back of a snail for all I care. Problem is, he might never come back at me. He's one of those clever guys who decides to list something at $1, and then hide the rest of the cost in a bulky shipping charge, and I bought multiple items from him priced this way, as well as some other pricier items. It's in eBay's policy - don't abuse the shipping charge for profit. If he priced those at $1, he should expect to get $1.

shepard11

« Reply #13206 on: June 13, 2017, 01:06:47 am »
So I put in an offer on that house I've been kinda eyeballing for a few weeks now. I find out tomorrow if they accept it or counter offer. Yeah so not sleeping tonight. Here's hoping.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13207 on: June 13, 2017, 10:37:51 am »
Cool. Good luck^

Ya know, I've been thinking lately about buying a Retron. The main reason being, to play Game Gear, but also because it's so convenient. But, I'm still mentally wrestling with the notion that it's inauthentic, that I've just wasted all my time and money on my classic consoles if I'm not gonna use them. I've heard people say that playing with a Retron is basically like playing an emulator and I guess it's true.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13208 on: June 13, 2017, 12:48:15 pm »
Cool. Good luck^

Ya know, I've been thinking lately about buying a Retron. The main reason being, to play Game Gear, but also because it's so convenient. But, I'm still mentally wrestling with the notion that it's inauthentic, that I've just wasted all my time and money on my classic consoles if I'm not gonna use them. I've heard people say that playing with a Retron is basically like playing an emulator and I guess it's true.

Get a Retron. It's convenient. It's easy. It accepts NES, SNES, and Genesis controllers.

I like mine

So I put in an offer on that house I've been kinda eyeballing for a few weeks now. I find out tomorrow if they accept it or counter offer. Yeah so not sleeping tonight. Here's hoping.

Good luck on the house buying. It's a big purchase, but you'll enjoy being a home owner.

soera

« Reply #13209 on: June 13, 2017, 02:01:16 pm »
I would considering selling mine if you are interested.

tpugmire

« Reply #13210 on: June 13, 2017, 06:07:20 pm »
Your house, or your Retron 5?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

shepard11

« Reply #13211 on: June 13, 2017, 06:52:34 pm »

I thought about that myself I have a good number of Game Gear Games but I can't find a working system in my price range so I'm trying to Frankenstein a working one out of the four busted ones.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13212 on: June 13, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »

What model do you have?

I thought about that myself I have a good number of Game Gear Games but I can't find a working system in my price range so I'm trying to Frankenstein a working one out of the four busted ones.

A complete re-capping isn't too brutal if you know how to solder. Really I'd like to have a unit with the LCD mod though, but people ask absurd prices for those.

« Reply #13213 on: June 13, 2017, 08:52:16 pm »
I bought a Retron after a lot of the issues were resolved.

I bought the game gear adapter day one.  The retron controller is shit, I always used OG controllers, so it doesn't feel to unauthentic.  But, now I use the snes bluetooth adapter and a wii U pro controller.

It's pretty good, well worth it to be able to play game gear on TV.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13214 on: June 13, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »
I bought a Retron after a lot of the issues were resolved.

I bought the game gear adapter day one.  The retron controller is shit, I always used OG controllers, so it doesn't feel to unauthentic.  But, now I use the snes bluetooth adapter and a wii U pro controller.

It's pretty good, well worth it to be able to play game gear on TV.

Does it accept an SMS controller?