Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1602732 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13335 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »
Without a doubt, DQ VIII. This game was my all time favorite for years.

Also the lack of Baldur's gate 1 and 2 from your collection is disturbing.

lol I only buy what I can find in the wild. So I am going to go out on a line and say I have yet to find it in the wild for a decent price. that or I purpously passed it over since I own 1 for the Xbox. just haven't finished reorganizing my collection yet.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #13336 on: July 17, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »
Baldurs gate 1&2 and Norrath 1&2 are some of the best game times I had with my buddy. Couch co-op with a friend is something I have a huge weakness for.

« Reply #13337 on: July 17, 2017, 02:07:51 pm »
I just stumbled upon a website that will give rough estimates of how long a game takes to beat (I think user driven), beat + extra, and completion.  I may be referring to this website when trying to pick a new game to play.  I think it's easier for me to start a game when I know how much time I want to spend and how much I should need to spend on it.

https://howlongtobeat.com/

azure

« Reply #13338 on: July 17, 2017, 02:13:20 pm »
At least you gave it a shot. That's more than most can say.

Truthfully, it hasn't aged well. Even back then it was clunky and confusing. But, I really enjoyed everything about it. With some extra TLC, a bit of direction and better mapping system, it could have been something special.
I want to like it, some of my favorite games are clunky and have the same or similar issues as EP. Just have to be in the right mindset most likely, I'll never get over how stiff the models are though. I did like the few rhythm sections I made it too, nice touch.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13339 on: July 17, 2017, 02:54:10 pm »
I just stumbled upon a website that will give rough estimates of how long a game takes to beat (I think user driven), beat + extra, and completion.  I may be referring to this website when trying to pick a new game to play.  I think it's easier for me to start a game when I know how much time I want to spend and how much I should need to spend on it.

Yeah HLTB is totally user driven for times, so you all should submit times when you complete games so we can have more accurate numbers on that website for everyone :)

kashell

« Reply #13340 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:32 pm »
At least you gave it a shot. That's more than most can say.

Truthfully, it hasn't aged well. Even back then it was clunky and confusing. But, I really enjoyed everything about it. With some extra TLC, a bit of direction and better mapping system, it could have been something special.
I want to like it, some of my favorite games are clunky and have the same or similar issues as EP. Just have to be in the right mindset most likely, I'll never get over how stiff the models are though. I did like the few rhythm sections I made it too, nice touch.

I think the character models and environments help add to the game's charm. Ephemeral Fantasia screams early PlayStation 2 game. That was such a special era of gaming for me.

desocietas

« Reply #13341 on: July 17, 2017, 03:16:10 pm »

Yeah HLTB is totally user driven for times, so you all should submit times when you complete games so we can have more accurate numbers on that website for everyone :)

Yeah, I've known about this site as well (some streamers use it to gauge how many days they'd be able to cast it before beating it... for purposes of planning the next game for their schedule) but yeah the timing can be good for some but a little off for others. I always add like 10 more hours because of how much goofing around I usually do in my games, haha ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #13342 on: July 17, 2017, 03:27:51 pm »
Wild Arms 3 if you're feeling an RPG.  XIII or No One Lives Forever if you're feeling an FPS.

Wild Arms 3 is great! Destroy All Humans and Dark Cloud also would be fun.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #13343 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:08 pm »
I second DQ VIII, definitely worth your time.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13344 on: July 17, 2017, 03:49:16 pm »
Anyone going to CCAG this Saturday? I believe I'm going to be there.

soera

« Reply #13345 on: July 17, 2017, 04:22:39 pm »
I used HLTB when I was trying to decide to play Little nightmares. It was pretty spot on as far as that game went.

desocietas

« Reply #13346 on: July 18, 2017, 11:56:01 am »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #13347 on: July 19, 2017, 11:32:09 am »
Planning for a group vacation like...

rayne315

« Reply #13348 on: July 19, 2017, 12:09:52 pm »
Planning for a group vacation like...

sweet what days do I need to take off? lol
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #13349 on: July 19, 2017, 12:11:36 pm »
Woah...

How cool is it that I used a GIF from Haunting Ground and I see it as the first game in your collection signature?