Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606710 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13320 on: July 13, 2017, 08:11:07 pm »
I guess I just like seeing the achievements on games I've played and what ones I still need to get, but I can't seem to find that service for xbox yet. Does that make sense? Haha
well xbox.com lets you view your achievements and such, so if you just mean somewhere to view it you can always do that.

telly

« Reply #13321 on: July 13, 2017, 09:29:08 pm »
I guess I just like seeing the achievements on games I've played and what ones I still need to get, but I can't seem to find that service for xbox yet. Does that make sense? Haha
well xbox.com lets you view your achievements and such, so if you just mean somewhere to view it you can always do that.

Yeah that's what I was looking for! Thanks man
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13322 on: July 14, 2017, 12:48:30 pm »
Hey I don't know if anyone is interested in joining the /r/gamecollecting unofficial discord server but if you do want to feel free to join here :) - https://discord.gg/vZCrMqx

I started up a monthly game club there similar to a book club and the games voted on for July are Super Mario RPG and Majoras Mask!

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot here yall, I'm reading but just haven't had the time to actually sit down and write a post. Miss talking to everyone though :)

We miss you too man! Were you still playing through FF7?

Still playing Telly! Just finished up fighting Jenova: Death so making progress! I think I'm about halfway through disc 2. Not playing it as much as I should lately but I need to finish this because I need to start up on Suikoden 3 :)

Warmsignal

« Reply #13323 on: July 14, 2017, 05:35:38 pm »
Anyone use Gameye to track their game collection? Sad to say I finally gave up hope that VG Collect app was ever going to work again. Gameye is pretty easy to use, especially with the bar code scanner as well as cartridge scanner. The cart scanner is hit and miss depending on your phone, but for some it works well. I was able to catalog about half of my games in like an hour, just pointing my camera at stuff.

kashell

« Reply #13324 on: July 14, 2017, 06:26:58 pm »
I never heard of it, but I'll give it a shot. I like the idea of having something easy to go to on my phone for collection viewing.

« Reply #13325 on: July 14, 2017, 06:42:56 pm »
I used it, but I dont particularly care for it.  I went to it when vgc wasnt working, but vgc is working right now and that's my preference

desocietas

« Reply #13326 on: July 14, 2017, 07:26:09 pm »
Anyone use Gameye to track their game collection? Sad to say I finally gave up hope that VG Collect app was ever going to work again. Gameye is pretty easy to use, especially with the bar code scanner as well as cartridge scanner. The cart scanner is hit and miss depending on your phone, but for some it works well. I was able to catalog about half of my games in like an hour, just pointing my camera at stuff.

I think I tried it for a few games to test it out, but I think I was turned off because it didn't track variants very well.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #13327 on: July 17, 2017, 11:51:58 am »
so im going to attempt to start up a full play through of the entire NA released ps2 library. does anyone have any recommendations based on the 375 PS2 titles I currently own where to start?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13328 on: July 17, 2017, 11:58:09 am »
so im going to attempt to start up a full play through of the entire NA released ps2 library. does anyone have any recommendations based on the 375 PS2 titles I currently own where to start?
Are you saying to suggest a game from your collection to play, or a game you don't own based on what you own?

rayne315

« Reply #13329 on: July 17, 2017, 12:31:09 pm »
Are you saying to suggest a game from your collection to play, or a game you don't own based on what you own?

please recommend a game I own for me to play.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13330 on: July 17, 2017, 12:34:17 pm »
Wild Arms 3 if you're feeling an RPG.  XIII or No One Lives Forever if you're feeling an FPS.

kashell

« Reply #13331 on: July 17, 2017, 12:42:32 pm »

Ephemeral Fantasia.

soera

« Reply #13332 on: July 17, 2017, 01:03:03 pm »
Without a doubt, DQ VIII. This game was my all time favorite for years.

Also the lack of Baldur's gate 1 and 2 from your collection is disturbing.

azure

« Reply #13333 on: July 17, 2017, 01:43:19 pm »

Ephemeral Fantasia.
I tried playing this a few weeks ago, I was immediately turned off and grew bored of it quickly. Can't say I wouldn't give it another shot sometime though.

kashell

« Reply #13334 on: July 17, 2017, 01:47:49 pm »

Ephemeral Fantasia.
I tried playing this a few weeks ago, I was immediately turned off and grew bored of it quickly. Can't say I wouldn't give it another shot sometime though.

At least you gave it a shot. That's more than most can say.

Truthfully, it hasn't aged well. Even back then it was clunky and confusing. But, I really enjoyed everything about it. With some extra TLC, a bit of direction and better mapping system, it could have been something special.