Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596964 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13965 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:09 pm »
*sees a game that he enjoyed back in the day for the DS*

"Hey, cool! That'd be fun to play again for old time's sake."

*sees the game's new price tag*

"...seriously?"

*sigh*

« Reply #13966 on: December 05, 2017, 03:42:43 pm »
So UPS strikes again.  So I had 2 packages out for delivery yesterday, and around 515pm they marked it as delivered as "Delivered to Customer Man".  My security system shows no delivery attempt.  So either someone was standing near my property and intercepted the packages from the UPS guy claiming to be me, or the UPS guy delivered it to the wrong house.

Spent from 5:20pm to 9pm on the phone with UPS, Gamestop, and Target trying to get it sorted.  UPS started an investigation into the driver and package.  Gamestop was utterly useless.  Target refused to talk to me until after the expected delivery date of Dec 6th, regardless of the fact that it says "delivered".

I've been having issues lately with our mailstaff just leaving things on our doorstep. I don't really mind that too much since (thankfully) we haven't had problems with missing packages. But when I get delivery notices saying "signature required" for various items and *all* of them are left on the doorstep with no knock/doorbell/attempt to reach a human, it's a little annoying. One item: a brand new laptop. Another item: a PS4. I mean, why bother shipping anything out that requires a signature when the delivery person can just override it so they can go on their merry way?

An addendum: the PS4 was dropped off on our doorstep at 10:45pm. No knock, no doorbell. I'm glad someone in the house happened to open the door to find the item, 'cause who knows if it would've been there in the morning. Sucks that the delivery person was working so late but come onnnnnn guys.
I have one of those fancy video doorbells, so leaving the package at the door isn't even a problem.  The problem in this case is that if the package was delivered to my house, it was in a perfect blindspot where I couldn't see the UPS truck, the UPS person, nor the person who took the package.

desocietas

« Reply #13967 on: December 05, 2017, 03:43:06 pm »

"...seriously?"

*sigh*

Haha, now I need to know - what game was it?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #13968 on: December 05, 2017, 03:50:05 pm »

"...seriously?"

*sigh*

It's Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja. It got terrible reviews, but I found some enjoyment from it.

desocietas

« Reply #13969 on: December 05, 2017, 05:40:04 pm »

"...seriously?"

*sigh*

It's Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja. It got terrible reviews, but I found some enjoyment from it.

Ah, Atlus games. Even the bad ones hold some worth. Too bad the same can't be said for some of my bad Natsume games :/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #13970 on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:40 pm »
Made an interesting discovery today. Apparently Family Dollar has bought out a bunch of overstock games and they are selling them from $5 to $13 each. They claim that they're pre-owned but they all look like new, so I don't think they are. Varies across all modern consoles and some decent titles, not just shovel-ware. I hit every location in my area and each store had slightly different stock. Picked up several games, including Lara Croft Temple of Osiris which is a download code only game (may I ask, why? Europe got a disc), so there's no way that was pre-owned.

Another thing I noticed, on my download code, it says "valid 12/9/2014 12/9/2017. Really? On the 9th the code just becomes void? I can guarantee that these things are going to continue to be sold past the 9th of this month. So they're all just going to be expired merchandise now, like a box of cereal? I freakin' hate download only games and this is a big reason.

« Reply #13971 on: December 05, 2017, 06:46:27 pm »

"...seriously?"

*sigh*

I love the Izuna games, good gameplay funny dialogue.

Glad I bought them when I did.  I think I got one CIB from Gamestop for dirt cheap and one on Amazon for dirt cheap.  Love those games.

Back to the UPS crap.  I caught the UPS guy as he pulled up.  He said he hand delivered the packages to a black guy who had just pulled up to the house and claimed to livehere.  Showed me the GPS map thing that shows where he was when he delivered.  Showed that he had delivered it next door, neighbors aren't black either.  Confirmed that someone stole my packages.  Signed some papers affirming that I did not receive the packages.  Called Gamestop and Target and they fairly quickly re-ordered the missing orders.  Target sent me a confirmation email, but Gamestop didn't, so I may have to call Gamestop again.  Going to beef up the security system because of this shit.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13972 on: December 05, 2017, 06:49:03 pm »
Beef up the turret guns and land-mines. I wish USPS was willing to help you out like that. My post office wouldn't accept any responsibility for loosing my package in October.

desocietas

« Reply #13973 on: December 05, 2017, 06:50:38 pm »

"...seriously?"

*sigh*

I love the Izuna games, good gameplay funny dialogue.

Glad I bought them when I did.  I think I got one CIB from Gamestop for dirt cheap and one on Amazon for dirt cheap.  Love those games.

Back to the UPS crap.  I caught the UPS guy as he pulled up.  He said he hand delivered the packages to a black guy who had just pulled up to the house and claimed to livehere.  Showed me the GPS map thing that shows where he was when he delivered.  Showed that he had delivered it next door, neighbors aren't black either.  Confirmed that someone stole my packages.  Signed some papers affirming that I did not receive the packages.  Called Gamestop and Target and they fairly quickly re-ordered the missing orders.  Target sent me a confirmation email, but Gamestop didn't, so I may have to call Gamestop again.  Going to beef up the security system because of this shit.

That's pretty awful. Basically bypassing any cameras that people might have that point at their porches. Surprised that the UPS guy would believe someone who just pulled up and said that they lived there. I wonder what their usual process should be - say no and then drive back around to try again? Or take their word so that they don't get in trouble for refusing delivery to an actual customer?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13974 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:43 pm »
Beef up the turret guns and land-mines. I wish USPS was willing to help you out like that. My post office wouldn't accept any responsibility for loosing my package in October.
Oh, they absolutely took no responsibility.  The guy was very much like, what can you do.  How am I supposed to know that he didn't live here.  Guy probably would've been glad to not give me the time to answer the door so he could rush off, but I was planning on catching him to confront him.  He didn't give me any other info other than that.  Didn't remember the vehicle or even the color of the vehicle.  Which I wanna call bullshit on, but oh well.  My USPS guy knew me by my cars and face and everything before I ever met the guy, and I park one of my cars in the garage.  Creepy, but not surprising given how often I get packages.  I know I'd remember something like what color vehicle at least, and I know knowing my attentiveness, I'd remember the car and probably even note the license plate because I'd be suspicious as fuck about someone coincidentally pulling up as I'm delivering the package.

That's pretty awful. Basically bypassing any cameras that people might have that point at their porches. Surprised that the UPS guy would believe someone who just pulled up and said that they lived there. I wonder what their usual process should be - say no and then drive back around to try again? Or take their word so that they don't get in trouble for refusing delivery to an actual customer?
That's absolutely what happened.  Even if I had a full on, no blindspot security system, I'd still have nothing because the UPS guy parked a house down and there were 3 AT&T utility trucks next door installing THEIR security system... should've asked if their system happened to be recording at the time, but probably wasn't... so the driver didn't even go to my property.  He tried to claim it was in my driveway, but the GPS shows that he was a house over when he delivered the package.

Honestly, I'm figuring my neighbor took the packages and just straight up lied to my face.  They are those kind of people.  Neighbor said he got like 14 packages yesterday, so I'm like "Oh, ok, well, could you verify that none of those packages were mine?"  "No, I didn't get any packages today."  "No, I'm talking about yesterday's packages, the UPS guy misdelivered two of my packages and the GPS shows that he delivered them to your house."  "Oh, well, what's your address?"  "[Address]" "Oh, well that's not this address"  "I know, that's my address, but did he hand you any packages that were addressed to my house?" "No, They misdelivered some of my packages as well, still haven't heard from them about the packages."  I could very well see these assholes being like "Well, my shit got misdelivered, so I'm keeping your shit".

Gonna see about filing a police report and mentioning what happened, so maybe the police will decide to question the neighbor.  But honestly, I know how the police work, so there's no point whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:06:57 pm by ignition365 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #13975 on: December 05, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »
I wonder what happened to the old fashion practice of signing for a package? Seems like that used to be standard way back in the day. You had to sign, and your signature needed to match their information. Now it's like they hand it off to whoever is there looking at them. Guy delivered my package last night, I was blowing leaves out of the yard. He didn't know me from a tree stump but he handed it right over and ran off. I could have been the lawn care or something.

UPS is all about rushing in and out. I guess theft is a small issue, so they don't focus on prevention much anymore.

kashell

« Reply #13976 on: December 07, 2017, 08:52:21 am »
On another gaming site, I'm part of a topic that does nothing but post music from video games. Nothing fancy; just stuff from youtube.

Do you think something like that would do well here?

« Reply #13977 on: December 07, 2017, 09:02:54 am »
On another gaming site, I'm part of a topic that does nothing but post music from video games. Nothing fancy; just stuff from youtube.

Wasn't there a thread for such a thing a while back?

kashell

« Reply #13978 on: December 07, 2017, 09:09:55 am »

Wasn't there a thread for such a thing a while back?

Mayhaps? There have been so many threads lately.

azure

« Reply #13979 on: December 07, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »

I'd be down for that, 90% of what I listen to is game OSTs.