Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596894 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13980 on: December 09, 2017, 12:24:18 pm »
On another gaming site, I'm part of a topic that does nothing but post music from video games. Nothing fancy; just stuff from youtube.

Do you think something like that would do well here?
I'd be down for that, 90% of what I listen to is game OSTs.

Same here. This is especially true at work.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13981 on: December 11, 2017, 12:39:54 am »
Check out the awesome anniversary gift from my wife:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13982 on: December 11, 2017, 09:38:44 am »

That's awesome.  My world needs more stuff like that.

desocietas

« Reply #13983 on: December 11, 2017, 12:25:08 pm »

That's awesome.  My world needs more stuff like that.

That is super awesome!

Unrelated: If anyone is a PS Plus member and curious about the Monster Hunter World beta going on until 9a Pacific Tuesday, definitely give it a try! We had a few friends who were new to the series and all had a lot of fun playing multiplayer. The game is so rich, we can't wait until the full release.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13984 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:09 am »
So I set out a package to someone last week, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday... but it was not delivered.

And USPS has been doing the daily "In transit" updates rather than saying it arrived at this hub or that city.  As far as I know they lost it last week and they have just been lying updating saying it's "in transit".

If it doesn't update today at all, I get to file a claim which will likely take months like it always does and I still get to put together another box to send out.  And I kind of fucked myself by under insuring it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13985 on: December 12, 2017, 12:48:02 pm »
So I set out a package to someone last week, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday... but it was not delivered.

And USPS has been doing the daily "In transit" updates rather than saying it arrived at this hub or that city.  As far as I know they lost it last week and they have just been lying updating saying it's "in transit".

If it doesn't update today at all, I get to file a claim which will likely take months like it always does and I still get to put together another box to send out.  And I kind of fucked myself by under insuring it.

It's Christmas season. Mail is always running slower than it should this time of the year. I wouldn't worry about it, yet. It's probably just a little late.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13986 on: December 12, 2017, 12:49:33 pm »
I can't seem to pass that 1,000 mark on my collection. I keep trading or selling this or that when I get so close. I've been hovering right below that mark for most of this year, now. (And I'm not one that's just gonna get a bunch of cheapie sports games just to say I have over a 1,000.) It's not a conscious effort or anything, either, it just keeps working out that way.

desocietas

« Reply #13987 on: December 12, 2017, 12:50:11 pm »
I can't seem to pass that 1,000 mark on my collection. I keep trading or selling this or that when I get so close. I've been hovering right below that mark for most of this year, now. (And I'm not one that's just gonna get a bunch of cheapie sports games just to say I have over a 1,000.) It's not a conscious effort or anything, either, it just keeps working out that way.

Heh, I wonder how 2018 will treat you. Lots of good titles coming out next year.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13988 on: December 12, 2017, 12:57:04 pm »

Heh, I wonder how 2018 will treat you. Lots of good titles coming out next year.

I hope so. I think I've trimmed all the fat I can off of my collection. So the only way to go is up.

« Reply #13989 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:27 pm »

It's Christmas season. Mail is always running slower than it should this time of the year. I wouldn't worry about it, yet. It's probably just a little late.
I really hope you're right, but christmas season means higher ratio of lost packages.

I'm probably going to spend my evening putting together a new Mystery Box to replace this one.  It just sucks, I blew through my goodies putting together this box, I didn't hold anything back.  It was like $200 worth of stuff... I only spent like $50, but it was still a lot of stuff.  Had I held back some stuff putting together a new box wouldn't be so daunting.  Now I'm gonna have to scrounge and possibly pull stuff from my collection.

« Reply #13990 on: December 12, 2017, 02:29:36 pm »
It just occurred to me that the reason I've pretty much abandoned the PS3 from the get-go was because I bought my PS3 for 1 game.  Haze.  That was my system seller.  That was the game that got me to buy a PS3.

desocietas

« Reply #13991 on: December 12, 2017, 02:34:27 pm »
It just occurred to me that the reason I've pretty much abandoned the PS3 from the get-go was because I bought my PS3 for 1 game.  Haze.  That was my system seller.  That was the game that got me to buy a PS3.

Was it worth it for Haze?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13992 on: December 12, 2017, 02:39:56 pm »

... I've pretty much abandoned the PS3...

desocietas

« Reply #13993 on: December 12, 2017, 02:42:31 pm »

Haha, yeah, I saw that. Just curious if you finished Haze, enjoyed it, and then shelved the game and the system after that.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13994 on: December 12, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »

Haha, yeah, I saw that. Just curious if you finished Haze, enjoyed it, and then shelved the game and the system after that.
No, I did not finish Haze.  No, I did not enjoy it.  Yes, I proceeded to shelf the game and the system after that.

Also, mildly contemplated whether or not life was meaningful.