Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601136 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14025 on: December 21, 2017, 09:24:30 pm »
Anyone know where to find a good list of games on the Steam Sale?
I'm also looking for a good list of sales of physical games?

Steam db filters out all games on sale on Steam and you can filter down further to look for something specific. https://steamdb.info/sales/

Or did you mean a list of suggested games.

Yes!  That's exactly what I meant.  Suggested games would be welcomed too!

Warmsignal

« Reply #14026 on: December 22, 2017, 01:07:34 pm »
So I did a bit of late Xmas shopping from me to me this year at the last minute. But I just realized that the stupid post office is going to be enjoying the entire day off Xmas eve. No mail delivery. That's just like them - slow, off work most of the time, or getting it wrong on the tax payer's dime. I should have specified UPS on all of them. One package already got here, the UPS one.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:09:08 pm by Warmsignal »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14027 on: December 22, 2017, 01:27:05 pm »
So I did a bit of late Xmas shopping from me to me this year at the last minute. But I just realized that the stupid post office is going to be enjoying the entire day off Xmas eve. No mail delivery. That's just like them - slow, off work most of the time, or getting it wrong on the tax payer's dime. I should have specified UPS on all of them. One package already got here, the UPS one.

You know Christmas Eve is on Sunday, right?  USPS never runs on Sunday.  They usually run Christmas Eve though, just not this year.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14028 on: December 22, 2017, 01:40:12 pm »

You know Christmas Eve is on Sunday, right?  USPS never runs on Sunday.  They usually run Christmas Eve though, just not this year.

Exactly, and I bet they're loving it. I'd think UPS would be running Sunday, but it looks like they are not either. What is this, no exception for the holidays? They're in the business of packages! No over-time? I didn't even realize that UPS or FedEx is not a 24/7 service. Didn't they use to be?

« Reply #14029 on: December 22, 2017, 01:47:53 pm »

Exactly, and I bet they're loving it. I'd think UPS would be running Sunday, but it looks like they are not either. What is this, no exception for the holidays? They're in the business of packages! No over-time? I didn't even realize that UPS or FedEx is not a 24/7 service. Didn't they use to be?
Only USPS delivers on Sundays... and only for Amazon.

I took part in another SS in a different community.  The package I sent took 2-3 weeks for USPS Priority.  My SS sent the package to me via USPS Priority, supposed to get here today.  Will probably take 2-3 weeks instead of 2-3 days just like my package.  So I won't be getting my SS gift before X-mas... probably not even this year.  Boo USPS.

I've been doing SS for years.  I have been shipping near the holidays for longer.  This year has been THE WORST year for shipping with USPS near the holidays by far.  Every package I have sent or received has been ridiculously late.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:49:42 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

« Reply #14030 on: December 22, 2017, 03:00:52 pm »
I can't give mail people too much flak. (There are people who work in the delivery industry in this forum, actually.) I'm the one waiting 'till the last minute to buy something, and if something I order doesn't arrive by Christmas, it's my fault. We all know it's the busiest time of year for them, and I see too many delivery people out delivering things past 10pm at night. I wouldn't want to be in their position, so as long as things arrive undamaged and not stolen, I can only be thankful.

I just ordered some items last night and in the last 30 min and will be pleased as punch if they arrive on Sunday (as they are expected to). I wasn't expecting it to happen without paying an arm and a leg, but it's free shipping still, so I'm thankful for that.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14031 on: December 22, 2017, 03:30:38 pm »
I can't give mail people too much flak. (There are people who work in the delivery industry in this forum, actually.) I'm the one waiting 'till the last minute to buy something, and if something I order doesn't arrive by Christmas, it's my fault. We all know it's the busiest time of year for them, and I see too many delivery people out delivering things past 10pm at night. I wouldn't want to be in their position, so as long as things arrive undamaged and not stolen, I can only be thankful.

I just ordered some items last night and in the last 30 min and will be pleased as punch if they arrive on Sunday (as they are expected to). I wasn't expecting it to happen without paying an arm and a leg, but it's free shipping still, so I'm thankful for that.
I only hope those that are working extra are at least being paid hourly or time and a half.

desocietas

« Reply #14032 on: December 22, 2017, 03:32:24 pm »

I only hope those that are working extra are at least being paid hourly or time and a half.

Yeah, if they're salaried and not getting overtime, I don't blame them for not giving a damn.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14033 on: December 22, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »
I myself am a delivery driver (pizzas, not mail) but the entitlement of people to get stuff at a certain time is ridiculous. Shit happens. For every person expecting their stuff on this date/time, there are 13024912049810 other fuckers wanting it at exactly the same date/time. Last night I had 2 people call and complain that their delivery was 10 minutes late ... who ... fucking ... cares? There was 2 of us trying to handle almost 30 deliveries an hour. Im sure the mail people have the same amount of overwork we do.

« Reply #14034 on: December 22, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »
I myself am a delivery driver (pizzas, not mail) but the entitlement of people to get stuff at a certain time is ridiculous. Shit happens. For every person expecting their stuff on this date/time, there are 13024912049810 other fuckers wanting it at exactly the same date/time. Last night I had 2 people call and complain that their delivery was 10 minutes late ... who ... fucking ... cares? There was 2 of us trying to handle almost 30 deliveries an hour. Im sure the mail people have the same amount of overwork we do.
Look... if I order pizza and you tell me it's going to be there in 45 minutes and you deliver the pizza 2 days later, I'm gonna be pretty pissed and bewildered quite frankly.

Going from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks is not acceptable and no one should pretend it is.

desocietas

« Reply #14035 on: December 22, 2017, 04:15:56 pm »
Going from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks is not acceptable and no one should pretend it is.

yeah, that's pretty infuriating. wonder if there's a weather hold-up or something else going on.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14036 on: December 22, 2017, 04:18:17 pm »

yeah, that's pretty infuriating. wonder if there's a weather hold-up or something else going on.
Down here in Texas it snowed statewide which is massively weird.  But that was when I sent out my SS gift weeks ago.

As far as I'm aware, nothing like that is going on, but I could just be out of the loop on non-Texas weather.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14037 on: December 23, 2017, 07:46:18 pm »
Got one of my gifts to myself today, and of course, condition issues that were not mentioned or photographed. This is a new one. A rental sticker over the disc that for some reason, completely blacks out the console name and logo. Also, a dog bite out of the manual. Why can't they just be honest about condition?

"No returns", but listed as "very good". I wonder if manual tears and disc stickers qualify as "very good"?

doafan

« Reply #14038 on: December 26, 2017, 01:04:04 pm »

Well allow me to say that I received my package from eBay this past Sunday and yes I used USPS service, still needs that somemothafucka from the warehouse can send it to my city  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #14039 on: December 26, 2017, 02:40:42 pm »

Well allow me to say that I received my package from eBay this past Sunday and yes I used USPS service, still needs that somemothafucka from the warehouse can send it to my city  >:(
I received several packages from USPS on Sunday.  It was a pleasant surprise.  Even got my other SS gift.