Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605290 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14055 on: December 28, 2017, 09:53:05 am »
I've had my PS3 die on me, but every other console has still been going strong. So my GameCube, Wii U, Xbox One, even my PS2 that I've had since 2002-3. Granted if I hadn't opened up my PS2 to clean it it probably would have been dead by now.

My PS2 cam't read blue disc games or PS1 games anymore though.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:54:51 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #14056 on: December 30, 2017, 12:55:49 pm »

So these are apparently a thing now, and I'm looking forward to trying them.

Edit: They're pretty good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:11:08 pm by azure »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14057 on: January 02, 2018, 10:37:45 am »
Happy New Year!  I've been away for a while.  I don't check here much when I'm not at work.   ;)  It's back to the grind.  I've been off work for 10 days straight.  I could really get used to not working.  I need to win the lottery.

It's good to see y'all again.  Here's to another Great Year!

rayne315

« Reply #14058 on: January 02, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »
I've gone through more PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 systems than any other systems in their respective generations.  I'm on my second PS4, 4th or 5th PS3, 6th or 7th PS2, and 3rd or 4th PS1.

I've had 0 X1 systems go bad, 0 bad Wii U systems, 2 360 systems go bad, 0 bad Wii systems, 1 Xbox go bad (Which I repaired), 0 bad Gamecubes, and 1 bad N64 (Which to be fair was my brother's fault for pouring soda on it).  I've also gone through a few Sony laptops pretty quickly and quite a few Sony CRTs.

wow your basically the exact opposite of me then.

I have gone through 2 Xbox's, 4 Xbox 360's, and 0 xbox ones (although I only got one this Christmas so not much of a data point).

where as I have had 0 ps1's, 1 ps2's (my own fault. I stepped on the disc tray while it was out), 0 ps3's, 0 ps4's, 0 wii's, 0 wii u's, 0 switches but .5 joycons (the left one would de-sync all the time)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14059 on: January 02, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »
Why do original Xbox games, played via Xbox One show up on the screen shrunk down? The original Xbox can do 720p.

« Reply #14060 on: January 03, 2018, 09:18:02 am »
So apparently Sony is shutting down the online servers for Gravity Rush 2 already.  Specifically on the 1 year anniversary of the game's release.

So after it is shut down apparently there will be like 60 items that will no longer be obtainable.

azure

« Reply #14061 on: January 03, 2018, 12:31:10 pm »
So apparently Sony is shutting down the online servers for Gravity Rush 2 already.  Specifically on the 1 year anniversary of the game's release.

So after it is shut down apparently there will be like 60 items that will no longer be obtainable.
This is why I hate online trophies/unlockables/exclusives etc.

« Reply #14062 on: January 03, 2018, 12:37:13 pm »

This is why I hate online trophies/unlockables/exclusives etc.
It sounds like all of Kat's costumes are online only, so no costumes after January 18th.

« Reply #14063 on: January 04, 2018, 02:32:30 pm »
Twice in a row on the same listing, I have had non-paying buyers.  I was used to this stuff when I was selling expensive stuff way back when, but I'm listing stuff that is $20 and under.

« Reply #14064 on: January 04, 2018, 03:30:00 pm »
Twice in a row on the same listing, I have had non-paying buyers.  I was used to this stuff when I was selling expensive stuff way back when, but I'm listing stuff that is $20 and under.

I hate ebay so much. They have completely handicapped the sellers ability to really do anything against deadbeat buyers who think it's fun to buy things they have no intention of paying for. It was nice back in the day when buyers could be left negative feedback; it kept both parties honest and far fewer of these non-paying cases happened. The only thing the seller can really do about it is open up an unpaid item case and then block the buyer from your listings. It happens to me at least a few times a year.

« Reply #14065 on: January 04, 2018, 03:35:17 pm »

I hate ebay so much. They have completely handicapped the sellers ability to really do anything against deadbeat buyers who think it's fun to buy things they have no intention of paying for. It was nice back in the day when buyers could be left negative feedback; it kept both parties honest and far fewer of these non-paying cases happened. The only thing the seller can really do about it is open up an unpaid item case and then block the buyer from your listings. It happens to me at least a few times a year.
It also wastes a week of my time waiting for the unpaid item case to get processed.

The second buyer paid for the item just before I was able to open a case.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14066 on: January 05, 2018, 02:08:36 pm »
So now I feel like I'm having a newly rejuvenated interest in old school racing games. I've ignored the genre for a while now, but I'm really itching to start playing some and of course, acquiring more. I really want to go back and play Top Gear Rally. Man, I loved that game back in the day. I consider the later 90s to be pretty much the golden age of racing games, and there are quite a few I have left to explore.

« Reply #14067 on: January 08, 2018, 11:02:42 am »
Finally bought a new TV.  Can't pick it up until Friday at the earliest and PAX South is this weekend.  So I might not get to pick it up until the next weekend.

Got a 65" 4K + HDR Samsung Smart TV.  Paid like $250 for the TV and $250 for a 5-year warranty.  Now I'm gonna be on the lookout for a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14068 on: January 08, 2018, 11:05:58 am »
Finally bought a new TV.  Can't pick it up until Friday at the earliest and PAX South is this weekend.  So I might not get to pick it up until the next weekend.

Got a 65" 4K + HDR Samsung Smart TV.  Paid like $250 for the TV and $250 for a 5-year warranty.  Now I'm gonna be on the lookout for a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X.

You got a 65" 4K for $250?  Wow!  Nice!

« Reply #14069 on: January 08, 2018, 11:09:54 am »

You got a 65" 4K for $250?  Wow!  Nice!
The $250 was my out of pocket.  My warranty on my last TV paid for $900 of it.  Would've been next to nothing had my wife let me cash out our reward points.