Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1593563 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14490 on: August 27, 2018, 09:03:49 am »
This is what the Wiki says :

The Zodiac Age
In July 2017, Square Enix released Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, a high-definition remaster of the Japanese-only International Zodiac Job System for the PlayStation 4. It adds trophy support, a remastered soundtrack with a few new tracks, and improved technical performance.

I figure, after reading that, that its the same game. So Im assuming the guide would be useful enough.

Sweet. It'll be a while before I play it, but good to know.

I had it in my cart twice. GameStop and Best Buy both. It was removed by the time I checked out. :\

We all know that 75% of them were bought by flippers who will saturate Ebay and Amazon with them over the next few months.

I saw a person's FB status update debating whether or not he should keep it or flip it for "1200 dollars" on eBay.

« Reply #14491 on: August 27, 2018, 10:11:24 am »
Yeah, I missed out on it too, my wife really wanted one, but we agreed not to up pay for it.  I probably should've just bought the $599 bundle from GS with the headset.

Oh well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14492 on: August 27, 2018, 02:53:09 pm »

shfan

« Reply #14493 on: August 28, 2018, 11:40:15 am »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14494 on: September 04, 2018, 01:32:38 pm »
So I already owned the Wii version of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Hate the waggle controls, so I was looking at Twilight Princess HD on Wii U.

I learned that the Wii U version somehow looks worse than the GameCube version according to comparisons I saw...anyone else know this? I didn't even hear about this until I stumbled across a comparison while looking at the differences between the normal release and collector's release on Wii U.

I ended up getting the GameCube version.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:55:30 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14495 on: September 04, 2018, 08:44:17 pm »
I remember a while back we were discussing whether you just add games to your VgCollect Collection, or if you include accessories and consoles to it as well.

Random thought about that, being everything was just on fire in my area: What about insurance?

I think adding every controller, console, cord, and magazine is in our best interest for if the unthinkable happens to our collections.

telly

« Reply #14496 on: September 04, 2018, 09:57:40 pm »
So I already owned the Wii version of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Hate the waggle controls, so I was looking at Twilight Princess HD on Wii U.

I learned that the Wii U version somehow looks worse than the GameCube version according to comparisons I saw...anyone else know this? I didn't even hear about this until I stumbled across a comparison while looking at the differences between the normal release and collector's release on Wii U.

I ended up getting the GameCube version.

That's interesting because I was eyeing the HD version. Maybe I'll end up going for the Gamecube version too.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14497 on: September 05, 2018, 08:17:54 am »
I remember a while back we were discussing whether you just add games to your VgCollect Collection, or if you include accessories and consoles to it as well.

Random thought about that, being everything was just on fire in my area: What about insurance?

I think adding every controller, console, cord, and magazine is in our best interest for if the unthinkable happens to our collections.
This was the main reason I used VGCollect.  My insurance just needs proof of ownership now, so pictures are sufficient and a VGC list isn't acceptable as a proof of ownership.

I need to regularly take pictures to document what I own.

Luckily the worst case of act of god here is flooding.

« Reply #14498 on: September 05, 2018, 08:44:46 am »
Did anybody here back the Yooka Laylee kickstarter and have no interest in the LRG release?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14499 on: September 05, 2018, 10:29:57 am »

This was the main reason I used VGCollect.  My insurance just needs proof of ownership now, so pictures are sufficient and a VGC list isn't acceptable as a proof of ownership.

Huh. My insurance told me to keep a comprehensive list.

« Reply #14500 on: September 05, 2018, 10:37:36 am »

Huh. My insurance told me to keep a comprehensive list.
My insurance told me that a list is helpful in itemizing the claim, but in order for them to process the claim they need some sort of proof of ownership. I asked how and their statement was that photographs of the items in your home are sufficient proof.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14501 on: September 06, 2018, 01:00:43 pm »

I've seen many a classic Sonic fan say that this is their favorite classic Sonic entry...really?

I just revisited it last night, and I feel the same about it as I did 20 years ago: It just feels like a B-movie version of the main series.

Everything feels like it's a fan-tribute game. The music is weird, and not good. The level design is a mess. And the neon-laced graphics are just jarring to the eyes. Even the opening cartoon looks like it was poorly drawn.

BTW, what happened to the opening music?! I was playing the Xbox Live version via Game Pass, and it didn't have Sonic Boom! Possibly the best feature in this damn game!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14502 on: September 06, 2018, 02:38:16 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/THQNordic/photos/a.210917478946406/1955462211158582/?type=3

YES! Kingdoms of Amalur is coming back! THQ just bought the IP.

I REALLY hope they give us a sequel. The original game is so damn underrated.

kevininja

« Reply #14503 on: September 06, 2018, 04:33:01 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/THQNordic/photos/a.210917478946406/1955462211158582/?type=3

YES! Kingdoms of Amalur is coming back! THQ just bought the IP.

I REALLY hope they give us a sequel. The original game is so damn underrated.

I was really damn excited when I saw this tweet pop-up!

Hoping on a sequel as well and a remaster of the original wouldn't be bad either!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14504 on: September 06, 2018, 04:43:10 pm »
Why do we need a remaster for a game that's already HD?