Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1593562 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14460 on: August 13, 2018, 02:13:08 pm »
Just ordered and payed for a copy of Aria of Sorrow on eBay, only to realize that hidden in the listing it stats "Stock photo shown for example purposes only. You will receive a game in the same or better condition that what is pictured".

Didn't realize it was a stock photo... Wish me luck... lol

same or better condition than a stock photo? make sure you pitch a fit if its not pristine then.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14461 on: August 13, 2018, 02:56:04 pm »
Just ordered and payed for a copy of Aria of Sorrow on eBay, only to realize that hidden in the listing it stats "Stock photo shown for example purposes only. You will receive a game in the same or better condition that what is pictured".

Didn't realize it was a stock photo... Wish me luck... lol

same or better condition than a stock photo? make sure you pitch a fit if its not pristine then.

The "stock" photo didn't really look like a stock photo that you'd normally see. I thought it was the actual item, it looked like a cell phone picture of a loose copy of the game, with minor label ware. If the game comes and its in decent shape and authentic I'll be good with it. I'm just worried that it might be a repro now...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14462 on: August 13, 2018, 03:00:09 pm »
I'd be more worried it might be a repro. GBA games are notorious for pirate copies being out there.

You can usually see a few negative feedbacks from people on those that sell repros, though. And they'll tell you in the comments of the feedback that the seller is selling repros.

If that's the case, these sellers usually don't even fight it when you message them for a refund and call them out on the pirated games.

« Reply #14463 on: August 13, 2018, 03:48:54 pm »
I'd be more worried it might be a repro. GBA games are notorious for pirate copies being out there.

You can usually see a few negative feedbacks from people on those that sell repros, though. And they'll tell you in the comments of the feedback that the seller is selling repros.

If that's the case, these sellers usually don't even fight it when you message them for a refund and call them out on the pirated games.

yea this seller has plenty of positive feedback. I'm confident that if it is a repro, I'd get a refund.. I just really dont want to have to go through with all that, i just want the damn game lol.  but i guess its my fault for not taking the time to read the whole listing.

« Reply #14464 on: August 16, 2018, 07:04:19 pm »
My copy of Aria of Sorrow came in today, Legit copy and in decent condition. Dodged a bullet on that one!

desocietas

« Reply #14465 on: August 20, 2018, 04:36:56 pm »
Amazon's changing their discount program...  :'( :'( :'(

https://smile.amazon.com/b?node=17911060011&=vg63_primevideogames_tc_lp_em)_&ref_=pe_6260660_294621830

We are writing to inform you of upcoming changes to the Prime Savings in Video Games program. Starting on August 28, 2018, Prime members will now get a $10 Amazon promotional credit when pre-ordering select games on Amazon.com. This credit can be used on almost anything sold by Amazon.com. This new pre-order program is replacing the current discount on physical game pre-orders. All eligible pre-orders placed before August 28 will still receive the 20 percent discount under the existing program once the game is released.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #14466 on: August 20, 2018, 08:01:56 pm »

https://smile.amazon.com/b?node=17911060011&=vg63_primevideogames_tc_lp_em)_&ref_=pe_6260660_294621830

We are writing to inform you of upcoming changes to the Prime Savings in Video Games program. Starting on August 28, 2018, Prime members will now get a $10 Amazon promotional credit when pre-ordering select games on Amazon.com. This credit can be used on almost anything sold by Amazon.com. This new pre-order program is replacing the current discount on physical game pre-orders. All eligible pre-orders placed before August 28 will still receive the 20 percent discount under the existing program once the game is released.

Unsurprising given how Best Buy axed the GCU and GameStop neutered Pro rewards.  :-\

rayne315

« Reply #14467 on: August 21, 2018, 03:11:05 pm »

Unsurprising given how Best Buy axed the GCU and GameStop neutered Pro rewards.  :-\

that doesn't seem all that bad considering most of the other companys removed their game discounts already. a $10 promotional credit (unless its not good for things like preordering another game) is still a 16.6% discount on a $60 game or 25% on a $40 game.

yeah its shitty but It could have been a lot worse
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #14468 on: August 21, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »

that doesn't seem all that bad considering most of the other companys removed their game discounts already. a $10 promotional credit (unless its not good for things like preordering another game) is still a 16.6% discount on a $60 game or 25% on a $40 game.

yeah its shitty but It could have been a lot worse

It's certainly better than nothing, but
  • the credit will only be for select games, I'm guessing just the big titles like Madden and Black Ops and Smash Bros
  • Best Buy offers a similar gift certificate for select games, but this is part of their free-to-join program while Prime expects you to pay for this benefit
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14469 on: August 22, 2018, 09:05:54 am »
Yeah continuously they are killing benefits while raising the price...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14470 on: August 22, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »

Do I just really suck at this game, or was it hard for anyone else?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14471 on: August 23, 2018, 01:49:37 pm »
Kids in 2018: "These graphics aren't lifelike enough. I don't see the emotion."

Me at 10: "Holy crap! SCROLLING BACKGROUNDS!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14472 on: August 23, 2018, 03:02:57 pm »
By chance does anyone know a way to contact From Software? Their website is a dead end, they have a contact page, but it tells you to contact your local publisher, or to read the FAQ page. There is no option to message them or post on their page on their Facebook page, either.

Please and thank you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:04:28 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #14473 on: August 23, 2018, 04:07:10 pm »
Curiously... why?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14474 on: August 23, 2018, 04:55:34 pm »
Just to bug them with a game request.  8)