Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1551304 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14640 on: November 17, 2018, 05:31:44 pm »
Just happened to renewed my GCU a week or 2 before they were apparently pulled off the shelf. Guess I got a bit lucky

kashell

« Reply #14641 on: November 22, 2018, 12:13:38 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving, you turkeys! Make it a great one.

telly

« Reply #14642 on: November 22, 2018, 01:11:07 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving!  :)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14643 on: November 30, 2018, 12:22:21 am »
Just brought one of those fifteen dollar Switch controllers at Gamestop this Black Friday, but man do I have to say that this thing is trash. I didn't think they licensed out to crappy companies anymore? And this is with Nintendo IP poorly plastered all over it, has Nintendo no dignity left?

« Reply #14644 on: December 03, 2018, 01:53:55 pm »
I had an idea for a "secret santa-ish" kinda thing that might be fun to do in the summer or something. So names go in a bowl and matching is done just like secret santa, but there are no wish lists. When you get your match, you have to go through their collection and try to find ONE game that you think they might enjoy but they don't already have. When you get your game, you have to actually play it and then report back with your thoughts on the game.

Curious to hear what anyone else thinks.

« Reply #14645 on: December 03, 2018, 02:34:52 pm »
I wouldn't take part in that.  I know my first year here doing secret santa, whoever got me just got me like $15 worth of games from my wishlist and called it a day.  I would expect I'd wind up in that scenario again, except I won't even get a game I want, it'll just be madden 94 for snes or something.

« Reply #14646 on: December 03, 2018, 02:45:40 pm »
I had an idea for a "secret santa-ish" kinda thing that might be fun to do in the summer or something. So names go in a bowl and matching is done just like secret santa, but there are no wish lists. When you get your match, you have to go through their collection and try to find ONE game that you think they might enjoy but they don't already have. When you get your game, you have to actually play it and then report back with your thoughts on the game.

I would also hate to get stuck with someone like ignition (just an example) where just finding something they don't have would be a nightmare.

« Reply #14647 on: December 03, 2018, 02:48:39 pm »

I would also hate to get stuck with someone like ignition (just an example) where just finding something they don't have would be a nightmare.

Yea I kinda figured that might be an issue with some of the members that have huge collections.

« Reply #14648 on: December 03, 2018, 02:52:39 pm »

This is also true.  Though allegedly my SS this year went off book and got me something that's not on my wishlist... so we'll see how that plays out.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14649 on: December 03, 2018, 08:13:08 pm »
I was wanting to set up a Secret Santa/Christmas in July thing this year but got sidetracked in the months leading up and was out of time to make it viable. I wanted to use July 4th as the Christmas Day placeholder and keep the spending amount lower than the actual Secret Santa amount (like $25-30 at the most). I like justin's idea and maybe something can be arranged for 2019.  :)

Of course I need to get off my hind end and get my Secret Santa stuff for this year mailed off. Hopefully this weekend.  :P

tpugmire

« Reply #14650 on: December 04, 2018, 06:51:14 am »
That could work, but having part of the plan be a really low limit, like $10 would make it even better. That said, I’d probably not participate myself.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #14651 on: December 04, 2018, 09:30:43 am »
It's an interesting idea. It'd be fun to watch, but I wouldn't participate.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14652 on: December 04, 2018, 12:52:51 pm »
So who else got some goofy ass message from Marv?

"Did you send me a blender?"

« Reply #14653 on: December 04, 2018, 12:57:14 pm »
Pretty sure he’s been hacked.  His signature is all whack, too.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14654 on: December 04, 2018, 01:46:24 pm »
Pretty sure he’s been hacked.  His signature is all whack, too.

I just figured it was more of his weird brand of trolling he does.