Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599998 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1890 on: March 20, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »
Want to hear a story about an idiot?

OMG, what a freaking dumb bitch.

Sums it up nicely  :o

Was she high, or something...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1891 on: March 20, 2014, 02:01:56 pm »
You should have said "OK then, since it's new I would like a refund."  :P

I had my own BB issues the other day.  There's a guy that works there that's really good at trade-ins, some more people that are pretty good and then...one guy who is a moron and acts like he couldn't care less.  Guess who I got?  So I gave him my Dark Souls II disk.  Not trading in the metal case or extra stuff, but that's never been a problem in the past.  He punches on the computer a bit and finally goes "I don't think we can take this because the only one I have listed is the Black Armor edition."  Long story short, I spent the next 10-15 mins either trying to explain to him that it's the SAME GAME, the "Black Armor" was just a metal case preorder thing and waiting for him to supposedly talk to a manager.  He never even acted like he heard what I was saying, let alone understood it, just kept parroting back the same line to me.  Argh!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1892 on: March 20, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »

I had my own BB issues the other day.  There's a guy that works there that's really good at trade-ins, some more people that are pretty good and then...one guy who is a moron and acts like he couldn't care less.  Guess who I got?  So I gave him my Dark Souls II disk.  Not trading in the metal case or extra stuff, but that's never been a problem in the past.  He punches on the computer a bit and finally goes "I don't think we can take this because the only one I have listed is the Black Armor edition."  Long story short, I spent the next 10-15 mins either trying to explain to him that it's the SAME GAME, the "Black Armor" was just a metal case preorder thing and waiting for him to supposedly talk to a manager.  He never even acted like he heard what I was saying, let alone understood it, just kept parroting back the same line to me.  Argh!

That's because they punch it into their system with the UPC. So it comes up under that edition.

I hate how standardized everything is in retail now. Their systems are set-up so they can't make exceptions for certain situations anymore. It's infuriating, really. That's a BIG part as to why customer service is dead nowadays.

argyle

« Reply #1893 on: March 20, 2014, 02:21:39 pm »

That's because they punch it into their system with the UPC. So it comes up under that edition.

I hate how standardized everything is in retail now. Their systems are set-up so they can't make exceptions for certain situations anymore. It's infuriating, really. That's a BIG part as to why customer service is dead nowadays.

The normal people are smart enough tho to know that that stuff doesn't matter & just run it through.  This guy isn't new either, he just...he really doesn't care. 

I went back the next day & the good guy was there, but he said the GM was in the other day and said the policy has changed and they have to have the cases now.  So since I don't want to get rid of the metal case that's a no go.  Going to see if the guy I know at GS will let me get the 30% bonus their offering without preordering one of the games in that promo that I have no interest in.  If not, I'll just keep it I guess. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1894 on: March 20, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »

I just went to trade in a game at Best Buy. The girl at the customer service desk asked me if it was pre-owned. I said yeah, but I bought it new. She then tells me that it's not pre-owned then. I'm taken aback at that and I explain: "Yeah, I bought it new, and then I used it. Which now makes it pre-owned." She says, "No, that's new."

I asked her if there was a manager or something I could talk to, and she said she was the customer service manager at that time. So I just gave up frustrated and told her I'd come back tomorrow.

Should have tried to trade it in and get a new price.  It wouldn't have been your fault.

foxhack

« Reply #1895 on: March 20, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »
So eBay has a shipping limit on what you can charge for shipping on video games now. That really sucks. I'm selling Rocksmith for Xbox 360 with the cable. The cable adds significant weight to it and makes the box larger. It's gonna cost a bit more to ship it than $4. >:(

... you can make listings have calculated shipping costs. Just enter a weight. The buyer will pay the exact shipping cost then. :)

argyle

« Reply #1896 on: March 20, 2014, 03:15:26 pm »
So eBay has a shipping limit on what you can charge for shipping on video games now. That really sucks. I'm selling Rocksmith for Xbox 360 with the cable. The cable adds significant weight to it and makes the box larger. It's gonna cost a bit more to ship it than $4. >:(

... you can make listings have calculated shipping costs. Just enter a weight. The buyer will pay the exact shipping cost then. :)

True.  Also, everything I sell I do with Buy It Now, so I just calculate the shipping & factor that into the asking price, then set it to "free shipping".  Same diff.  ;) 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1897 on: March 20, 2014, 03:52:49 pm »
I already set the price. It's bait and switch if I change it, now. I don't want to do that. But thanks for letting me know for the future.

foxhack

« Reply #1898 on: March 20, 2014, 03:56:20 pm »
I already set the price. It's bait and switch if I change it, now. I don't want to do that. But thanks for letting me know for the future.

Did someone already buy it? If nobody's bought it then you can change the price and shipping. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1899 on: March 20, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »

Did someone already buy it? If nobody's bought it then you can change the price and shipping. :P

I can but I wouldn't feel right about it. I know it'd annoy me if I was on the other side of that. It does have a watcher, but no bids.

foxhack

« Reply #1900 on: March 20, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »
I can but I wouldn't feel right about it. I know it'd annoy me if I was on the other side of that. It does have a watcher, but no bids.
Dude, it's just a watcher. People edit / revise listings all the time. I do it to adjust notes or lower prices if needed. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1901 on: March 20, 2014, 04:47:02 pm »
Dude, it's just a watcher. People edit / revise listings all the time. I do it to adjust notes or lower prices if needed. :P

Like I said, I know you can. I don't feel personally right about. If I saw a copy of Mega Man X for $20, then the next day it was $30 from the same seller, I'd definitely feel like that's shady. So if I did it myself, I'd be a hypocrite.

90snostalga

« Reply #1902 on: March 20, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »

I just went to trade in a game at Best Buy. The girl at the customer service desk asked me if it was pre-owned. I said yeah, but I bought it new. She then tells me that it's not pre-owned then. I'm taken aback at that and I explain: "Yeah, I bought it new, and then I used it. Which now makes it pre-owned." She says, "No, that's new."

I asked her if there was a manager or something I could talk to, and she said she was the customer service manager at that time. So I just gave up frustrated and told her I'd come back tomorrow.

Sounds like Gamestop to me.  Get it from the customer used, sell it as new.  The buyer will never know since all new products are open  :)

90snostalga

« Reply #1903 on: March 20, 2014, 05:32:08 pm »
So am I correct to assume that a multi platform game would be best on the pc compared to ps3 and 360?

foxhack

« Reply #1904 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »
Like I said, I know you can. I don't feel personally right about. If I saw a copy of Mega Man X for $20, then the next day it was $30 from the same seller, I'd definitely feel like that's shady. So if I did it myself, I'd be a hypocrite.
Okay, the next time you list a game for $5 when you meant to sell it for $50, I'll hold you to it.

So am I correct to assume that a multi platform game would be best on the pc compared to ps3 and 360?
Noooooooooooooooo. Sometimes we get the worst versions, or just half-baked console ports.