Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1645556 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2565 on: June 12, 2014, 01:55:05 pm »
Do ya'll think it's too late to take advantage of the SPECIAL T-SHIRT OFFER?

I saw that and thought the same thing, lol. There's no expiration date listed.

I wonder if Sega of America is even at the same address, anymore.

90snostalga

« Reply #2566 on: June 12, 2014, 01:58:40 pm »

Lol Turf.  I still have a Pizza Hut coupon in my Ninja Turtles 2 NES box.  I dont want to use it for the collecting standpoint but It is tempting to see if it works because there is no exp date

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2567 on: June 12, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »
I once went though all my manuals a few years back, and sent in all the registration cards no matter how old the game just to see what would happen. I didn't get anything back, unfortunately.  :(

You'd think at least one game company would have sent me back a catalog or free poster or something.

90snostalga

« Reply #2568 on: June 12, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »
I once went though all my manuals a few years back, and sent in all the registration cards no matter how old the game just to see what would happen. I didn't get anything back, unfortunately.  :(

You'd think at least one game company would have sent me back a catalog or free poster or something.

We should all send something to that Sega address just to see if one of us gets something back even if not a shirt?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2569 on: June 12, 2014, 02:10:18 pm »

Lol Turf.  I still have a Pizza Hut coupon in my Ninja Turtles 2 NES box.  I dont want to use it for the collecting standpoint but It is tempting to see if it works because there is no exp date

Was the TMNT coupon not the back page of the manual?  Mine was.  I remember using it the first chance I got.  That was an awesome promotion. 

I wonder how many TMNT instruction manuals are missing the back page?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2570 on: June 12, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »

We should all send something to that Sega address just to see if one of us gets something back even if not a shirt?

I'm in if other people do it. It's only $7.50. If we get a shirt back, great! Or maybe just something as small as a Sega sticker would be cool. That many sending it in at once would at least raise an eyebrow or two, I'd think.

bobster

« Reply #2571 on: June 12, 2014, 02:13:25 pm »

My Yo Noid! box has the UPC missing so someone cashed in the 1$ domino's coupon :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #2572 on: June 12, 2014, 02:16:50 pm »

Was the TMNT coupon not the back page of the manual?  Mine was.  I remember using it the first chance I got.  That was an awesome promotion. 

I wonder how many TMNT instruction manuals are missing the back page?

It could be on the back page.  I just remember a coupon in there some where.  I'll have to pull it back out.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering with Gamestop, Super Smash Bros. U Deluxe Edition with the game, gamecube adapter and it says "smash bros" gamecube fight pad.  All the other wii u fight pads have the picture of the actual picture.  Do you guys think the one with the deluxe edition will be some special design edition or just a standard one?

soera

« Reply #2573 on: June 12, 2014, 02:17:58 pm »
That ad is interesting. The SMS Model II doesnt play the card games nor does it allow use of the 3D glasses. And it wasnt under $60 when released. Lastly, 2 of the games mentioned never made it to the SMS like planned. Pat Riley (although there is a repro now that you can get) and Phantasy star II.

That's a good point about the card games but on the second column where it mentions Pat Riley and Phantasy Star II, it doesnt specifically say those are coming for the 8 bit system I don't think.  But thats a good point.  It truly does not play all Master System games.  I wonder if there were any refunds back then because of this

They were both slated for SMS release.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2574 on: June 12, 2014, 02:22:31 pm »

I'm in if other people do it. It's only $7.50. If we get a shirt back, great! Or maybe just something as small as a Sega sticker would be cool. That many sending it in at once would at least raise an eyebrow or two, I'd think.

Do we still make the check out to: Sega T-Shirt?  I'm in.  I'm going to just assume this is going to throw my checkbook off $7.50 next month.

90snostalga

« Reply #2575 on: June 12, 2014, 02:22:45 pm »
Nevermind about the Smash Bros. question.  If I read a little further on Gamestop I would have found the answer.  It does say "Smash Bros. Edition" so i take it, its a unique design. 

90snostalga

« Reply #2576 on: June 12, 2014, 02:26:57 pm »
Soera, what game are you from?  I cannot find anything on Google other than your username in many online forums

soera

« Reply #2577 on: June 12, 2014, 02:44:41 pm »
Here is a pic of an ad for Phantasy star II for the SMS

bobster

« Reply #2578 on: June 12, 2014, 02:46:29 pm »
Memory-blowing 4 Mbit!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #2579 on: June 12, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »
Soera, what game are you from?  I cannot find anything on Google other than your user name in many online forums

Lol what a funny way to ask. :) Here is a hint -

When I first started playing Everquest in May of 99, I wanted a unique name for my character. A male dwarven Paladin. I chose the name Areos (which is the continent on the bottom left) and the last name Kithairon (which is the northernmost area of the same continent). Eventually I made different characters and expanded on the Areos name (Areosa, Areosee, Areo) then finally I flipped the name around for Soera and thats the one that stuck with me on D&D online which also made its way to different forums. :)