Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1645589 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2580 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »
Holy hell, thats a huge pic of the map!!

90snostalga

« Reply #2581 on: June 12, 2014, 04:29:34 pm »
Holy hell, thats a huge pic of the map!!

Very very intersting.  I like the creativity in your name.  That's pretty cool  8)   And something I would have never ever figured out on my own.  I just thought it was a game character or something.   It's like a rock band name or something.   

Googling made me realize how popular you are on all kind of sites and makes me think about joining other forums as well

soera

« Reply #2582 on: June 13, 2014, 01:50:08 am »
If you think Soera is popular, you should look up my Areo name. That should bring up a ton of Everquest stuff and lots of other forums.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2583 on: June 14, 2014, 02:49:16 pm »
I just tried to do the Smash-fest thing at best buy. 3 hour wait. I'm not waiting in line for 3 hous to play a 4 minute game. The Boy was asking about getting a Smash Bros button. No dice. Only if you wait in line do you get a button. Oh well. I'm not that big a fan.

In related news:  Smash Bros is pre-ordered.

karyann

« Reply #2584 on: June 14, 2014, 07:02:02 pm »
I just tried to do the Smash-fest thing at best buy. 3 hour wait. I'm not waiting in line for 3 hous to play a 4 minute game. The Boy was asking about getting a Smash Bros button. No dice. Only if you wait in line do you get a button. Oh well. I'm not that big a fan.

In related news:  Smash Bros is pre-ordered.

Went there 3 hours early on Wednesday to get some loot. There were already too many people in Montréal and I couldn't get anything. This morning, I wasn't about to get the same treatment; I went there with my boyfriend at 7:30 AM. We were the only ones until 9:00 (the event started at noon)! I got a few items, and I'm gonna get an exclusive gold coin thing by mail next week :) Pretty excited about this. I tried Megaman and Greninja, and it was awesome! The Nintendo staff was quite friendly too, we got to chat for 2 hours since we were first in line.

Stickers, buttons and lanyards. Got 2 of each since my boyfriend gave me his stuff  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2585 on: June 15, 2014, 02:22:22 pm »
Thanks guys.

Oh, and 2600 posts. 8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2586 on: June 15, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »
Thanks guys.

Oh, and 2600 posts. 8)

;)

I SEE

(and approve:)

of whatcha' did there!

;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2587 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »
Dear God this has been a helluva week.

My mom got her 4th DUI and is now probably gonna face jail-time. She's worried she won't be able to pay her rent and will lose her house and I have a handicapped brother she takes care of. I can take care of my brother, but I can't help her on her rent.

Then I found out my dad has stage 4 cancer and they have no idea what his timeframe is.

Before I tell the next part of my week, I have to explain something to put it into perspective:
At my work I help disabled clients with getting jobs, and keeping their jobs. Well at one of my clients work-locations there was a guy from a rival sign-waving company that would threaten and ridicule my DISABLED clients to point they were bawling and afraid to go to work. So I went out there, told him if he ever threatened any of my clients again I'd put the fear of God into him, and then had my work call his work and had him removed from the premise.

So flash-forward to yesterday and I'm in the local used movie/game shop right after my dad tells me about his cancer. I'm there to get a Sega Genesis game we used to play together all the time called Star Control. This same guy I just told you about with the clients walks into the store. I didn't recognize him at first. But he recognized me. I'm standing at the counter waiting to be helped, and the lady is in the back for whatever reason. He says, "Hey, you're Nathan --- (not giving last name on the internet) aren't you? I was like, "Yeah, what's up?" And he just starts staring me down. And then I recognize him. And I'm like, "Hey, you're that creep that threatened my clients." As he continues to stare me down he's like, "Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" I had no intention of getting into a fight, since it was all over now, so I just say, "Yeah, you're real bad ass threatening handicapped people." And just stand there and wait longer at the counter, but I'm not dumb enough to take my eyes off him at this point. Then he names my wife by name, and tells me she's real pretty. I have no idea how he knows my wife's name, or my name for that matter. My wife is also pregnant. And after what I learned about my dad, today wasn't the day. I snapped. We got into out front (as I launched him out the door, lol). The owner started calling the cops. He got away as fast as he could and jumped in his car and left. I stayed and apologized to the lady (because this normally isn't like me). She told the cops nevermind. Since I was regular she asked what the hell happened, and still checked me out, though. After that, I bought my wife a tazer.

So by the end of the week my mom is going to jail, my dad is dying, and I got into a brawl and probably can't go back to one of my favorite stores ever again. And now I have to worry about the safety of my pregnant wife. Damn.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2588 on: June 15, 2014, 03:25:19 pm »
Damn, what a week.

Stay strong burningdoom.

At times like this i wish i could write english better.

pacpix

« Reply #2589 on: June 15, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »
Damn that really sucks Burningdoom.  :(  Any one of those things would be tough to face on their own and you got them all at the same time.  I hope things start to get better for you soon.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2590 on: June 15, 2014, 05:24:44 pm »
Keep ya' head up, Burning...

Sounds like you gave that ass hole some of what he deserved.

Sorry to hear about your dad - mine died from colon cancer almost 10 years ago now

-and-

"DUI's"

...I try not to *do* those anymore.

You ever need someone on the other end of a PM ==> you know where to find me, buddy.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #2591 on: June 15, 2014, 07:49:27 pm »
Damn Burning, that's a hell of a week... my thoughts are with you and your wife. I hope everything comes back in order  :-\

foxhack

« Reply #2592 on: June 15, 2014, 07:54:35 pm »
Goddamn, burningdoom. That's a pile on top of another if I ever saw one.

Keep your chin up.

amauriel

« Reply #2593 on: June 15, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »
burningdoom, I'm sorry to hear about a week like that. Unfortunately, sometimes life decides to bunch up all the bad stuff in a short time frame. I like to think everyone has a set number of bad things in life and getting through a bunch of them all at once leaves more free time for happy things. It may not really be true, but it can sometimes help.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2594 on: June 16, 2014, 12:42:44 am »
Thanks guys.