Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650624 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3375 on: September 04, 2014, 02:51:14 pm »
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I always love seeing Foxhack bring down the admin hammer  ;D.

You shouldn't. I'm pissed off that someone got scammed. :|
That's understandable. It's a shitty situation and I didn't mean to make light of it. It's just nice to see some sort of justice, even if it is small victory.

Yes, very scummy situation.  My personal scam warning goes off whenever I see someone join any new forum and immediately start trying to sell stuff.  I'm sure intentions aren't always bad, but it's enough of a sign to give me pause.

Heck, I was surprised Kenny started working up a deal with me here for Suikoden II when I was still pretty green.  NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #3376 on: September 04, 2014, 02:53:21 pm »
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I always love seeing Foxhack bring down the admin hammer  ;D.

That's understandable. It's a shitty situation and I didn't mean to make light of it. It's just nice to see some sort of justice, even if it is small victory.

Yes, very scummy situation.  My personal scam warning goes off whenever I see someone join any new forum and immediately start trying to sell stuff.  I'm sure intentions aren't always bad, but it's enough of a sign to give me pause.

Heck, I was surprised Kenny started working up a deal with me here for Suikoden II when I was still pretty green.  NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING!  ;D
Surely one of the best bromances on the forum  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #3377 on: September 04, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

:P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3378 on: September 04, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »
I find it amazing that Quake 4 was released in 2005, yet when I popped it in my 360 today for the first time, not a single update was needed.

I don't know if that's a credit to great programming because it needed nothing fixed, or a credit to lazy programming due to not caring about updating it.

abe

« Reply #3379 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »
I find it amazing that Quake 4 was released in 2005, yet when I popped it in my 360 today for the first time, not a single update was needed.

I don't know if that's a credit to great programming because it needed nothing fixed, or a credit to lazy programming due to not caring about updating it.

Maybe something in between?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #3380 on: September 04, 2014, 08:59:57 pm »

The second.

The Xbox 360 version of Quake 4 was released at the launch of the Xbox 360 and is Xbox Live compatible. There have been major issues with frame rates for the console adaptation, earning it the award for Most Aggravating Frame Rate/Best Slideshow in the GameSpot.com Best and Worst of 2005 list.

In addition, the Xbox 360 port of Quake 4 has very long load times and Xbox Live glitches that result in problematic multiplayer experiences, as documented by game review sites as well as on Activision's support pages for the Xbox 360 version. This version was initially priced the same as the PC Special Edition DVD and features the same content. Unlike the PC version, however, as of November 2008 the original 2005 Xbox 360 version has not received any patches to fix its numerous problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_4#Non-Windows_platforms

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3381 on: September 04, 2014, 09:04:22 pm »
Well, that's not good to hear. I haven't actually started playing it, yet. But it was next on my list to play. That's why I went to see if there were any updates before moving the XBox back to my no-wired access man-cave.

90snostalga

« Reply #3382 on: September 05, 2014, 01:11:25 am »
@Bikingjaughty, how are you liking san Andreas for the Xbox?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3383 on: September 05, 2014, 09:42:45 am »

better than me & you, bobster?   :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #3384 on: September 05, 2014, 09:49:41 am »

better than me & you, bobster?   :o
That's why I prefaced it with one of the best  ;).
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #3385 on: September 05, 2014, 09:58:46 am »
@Bikingjaughty, how are you liking san Andreas for the Xbox?

I love GTA, and San Andreas is awesome! I especially like how it perfectly captures the feel of the early 90s even though it was made 13-years after it was supposed to take place. Although I've never technically beat San Andreas, I played through roughly 75% of it on the PS2 many years ago. I honestly don't see an enormous difference in graphics between version, but still it is coll to try it out on another system. I'm pretty sure I'm almost done, and thus far I can say it is my third favorite behind 3 and 4 (I haven't played 5, but it look very promising).

« Reply #3386 on: September 05, 2014, 10:21:46 am »
So I am getting very close to a huge milestone in my collection, game #1500. I'm contemplating going big and buying something really awesome/rare so I remember it forever. Sadly game #1000 escapes me, but my 500th game was MUSHA on the Genesis; found it at a now defunct game store for $40 and nearly died of happiness. I can only hope that I get lucky like that again, but I might have to use the Ebay if I'm going to ensure that title 1500 is memorable. My shortlist is:

- Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition
- Mega Man Legends 2
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Shenmue II (PAL version)
- Gitaroo Man

kashell

« Reply #3387 on: September 05, 2014, 11:46:33 am »
I am slowly getting to the 60 hour mark in Xillia 2 because I just find myself entering battle after battle, using various characters and grinding my little heart out. Such a fun game.

davifus

« Reply #3388 on: September 05, 2014, 11:53:30 am »
I am slowly getting to the 60 hour mark in Xillia 2 because I just find myself entering battle after battle, using various characters and grinding my little heart out. Such a fun game.
I haven't started on that game yet... I have literally opened my collector's edition and took everything out and observed it for about 1 minute for each things and put everything back to normal and closed it up and haven't opened it since. About week now.  ::) ::)
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #3389 on: September 05, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »
I haven't started on that game yet... I have literally opened my collector's edition and took everything out and observed it for about 1 minute for each things and put everything back to normal and closed it up and haven't opened it since. About week now.  ::) ::)

I started it just to get a feel for it, but didn't play very far in at all - didn't want to get deep into a JRPG right before Destiny hit.