Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1647974 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3540 on: September 16, 2014, 07:17:28 pm »
Yeah and its a blast to play co-op. Exp is shared which makes leveling easier to deal with. Plus the console version of Diablo III > PC version. Controllers are so much better to use and with the thumb pads you get an additional option of rolling to avoid damage that PC doesnt get. All the buttons are able to be assigned to whatever you want. Its really a great crossover.

And here I thought that the console version would be a watered-down version, or at least less fun to play. I'm really excited now, I kinda want to go buy it right now! I'll consider buying it as a Christmas gift for both of us...  ::)

argyle

« Reply #3541 on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »
Yeah and its a blast to play co-op. Exp is shared which makes leveling easier to deal with. Plus the console version of Diablo III > PC version. Controllers are so much better to use and with the thumb pads you get an additional option of rolling to avoid damage that PC doesnt get. All the buttons are able to be assigned to whatever you want. Its really a great crossover.

And here I thought that the console version would be a watered-down version, or at least less fun to play. I'm really excited now, I kinda want to go buy it right now! I'll consider buying it as a Christmas gift for both of us...  ::)

I've been a Diablo player since the original, and I'd say the time I've put into the PS4 version of D3 is the most fun I've had with the series.  And it's one of the best couch co-op experiences I've had as well.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3542 on: September 16, 2014, 08:19:37 pm »
Playing drums can be so therapeutic some days...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3543 on: September 16, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »
This may seem like nothing to some you guys, but I thought it was neat.

I got my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando in the mail today. And I thought this was kind of neat. The book opens sideways, in comparison to most PS2 books. But it sits in the case just like a normal-sized book. It reads the same way, too.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #3544 on: September 16, 2014, 09:30:43 pm »
This may seem like nothing to some you guys, but I thought it was neat.

I got my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando in the mail today. And I thought this was kind of neat. The book opens sideways, in comparison to most PS2 books. But it sits in the case just like a normal-sized book. It reads the same way, too.

That's pretty neat, it's like a GBA manual :D

In somewhat-related news, I got a GBA game the other day boxed and complete for 25p. Didn't even care what game it was for that price (it was Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, if you were wondering)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3545 on: September 17, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »
Does anyone else get those weird anime ads on the side of the page when you're looking at your collection pages?

I keep getting this really strange one with a red-headed anime girl, with enormous tits, and a knife in her hand. But she's hold the knife up to her mouth with her mouth wide-open.

I just thought that was a strange to see here since this is just a video game site. And I see it kind of often.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:20:05 pm by burningdoom »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3546 on: September 17, 2014, 12:06:50 pm »
Install Adblock and your troubles are gone  ;D

Btw, going commando has another meaning here, and maybe also where you live.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3547 on: September 17, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »

I do have adblock. Seems to only get rid of the pop-ups.

foxhack

« Reply #3548 on: September 17, 2014, 12:27:16 pm »

Better yet, please don't. Those ads (and the Pro membership) help pay the server bills.

And yes, we're aware of the meaning of that phrase.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3549 on: September 18, 2014, 09:41:23 pm »
I saw a LaserDisc player at Goodwill today for only $20. I so wanted to take it home with me. But there was no way to test the item, as the store didn't have a single laserdisc.

Would you guys have brought it home?

« Reply #3550 on: September 18, 2014, 10:16:46 pm »
I saw a LaserDisc player at Goodwill today for only $20. I so wanted to take it home with me. But there was no way to test the item, as the store didn't have a single laserdisc.

Maybe before Bluray came out, but now there is no point beyond the novelty and coolness of having a laserdisc.

maximo310

« Reply #3551 on: September 18, 2014, 11:34:18 pm »

Maybe before Bluray came out, but now there is no point beyond the novelty and coolness of having a laserdisc.
I'd agree, the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages for laserdisc. As far as I can tell, it might be cool if you want a collection, and its a great format for film buffs, especially since you can pinpoint a single frame in a movie, which no other format does( I think), it can auto correct errors on the disc better the dvd, and has a better resolution than vhs. But besides that, I'm not really interested in the format and collecting for it, the only way I'd probably get some is if my neighbor ever decides to get rid of his laserdisc collection, but that's pretty much it.

« Reply #3552 on: September 19, 2014, 03:21:29 am »
Hooooly Shit. . .

I've been playing the Smash 3DS demo for 4-hours straight, becoming a machine with Mega Man (pun intended), while simultaneously watching Shofu's Smash 3DS Twitch feed. This game is taking over my life and it hasn't even been released in North America yet. . . I AM SO FREAKIN PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!!

Had to get that out lol

maximo310

« Reply #3553 on: September 19, 2014, 03:33:01 am »
Hooooly Shit. . .

I've been playing the Smash 3DS demo for 4-hours straight, becoming a machine with Mega Man (pun intended), while simultaneously watching Shofu's Smash 3DS Twitch feed. This game is taking over my life and it hasn't even been released in North America yet. . . I AM SO FREAKIN PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!!

Had to get that out lol
Yeah, I've been playing that demo for the last week, and the villager and mega man have some great movesets! I can't wait for this game to get released in exactly 2 weeks from now, and I need a bigger taste of the action than what I have gotten, at the moment. I'm glad that at least Mario has been improved quite a bit in damage output compared to the last game( even though they kept fludd in his moveset tho :/, its still a great game from what I've played so far.

« Reply #3554 on: September 19, 2014, 03:41:11 am »
Hooooly Shit. . .

Had to get that out lol
Yeah, I've been playing that demo for the last week, and the villager and mega man have some great movesets! I can't wait for this game to get released in exactly 2 weeks from now, and I need a bigger taste of the action than what I have gotten, at the moment. I'm glad that at least Mario has been improved quite a bit in damage output compared to the last game( even though they kept fludd in his moveset tho :/, its still a great game from what I've played so far.

It is my favorite since Smash 64. I loved Melee, but I could never master it enough to get really good at it which hampered my liking of it more than 64. Brawl was good, but it is definitely the weakest of the four entries. Smash 4 seems like a good mix of the previous three, and I am really, really liking it so far. It feels a lot easier to get the hang of then either Melee or Brawl for me.

I tried Villager, but had a hard time with his move set. A friend of mine is freakin unstoppable with him though, definitely jealous lol.