Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1643970 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3570 on: September 20, 2014, 02:15:37 pm »
I didn't care much for Tactics. I felt it was way too slow, even for an SRPG.

argyle

« Reply #3571 on: September 20, 2014, 02:52:17 pm »
Happy Saturday to everyone on this forum! Is anyone else looking forward to Ar no Surge?

Indeed I am!

Anyone know anything about it - like...is it 'related'  to and/or similar to the Ar tonelico series/universe?

Speaking of Suikoden, how was/what was Tactics like?

iirc, I got an art book + an OST with it; maybe  :o

From Wikipedia:
It is a continuation of Ciel nosurge released in 2012,[1][2] and also a prequel to the Ar tonelico series.[

Ciel nosurge is the episodic Vita game that we haven't gotten over here (yet...I'm still hopefull since a "complete" edition has/will be coming out in Japan soon).  I wanna start a JRPG, trying to decide if I should dive full-force into Xillia 2 this weekend or wait for Ar no Surge next week.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3572 on: September 20, 2014, 04:28:03 pm »
I know cutting toxic people out of your life is the right thing to do when it becomes a pattern. But is it the right thing to do when it's your own mother? Feeling damn conflicted right now.

davifus

« Reply #3573 on: September 20, 2014, 04:45:11 pm »
I know cutting toxic people out of your life is the right thing to do when it becomes a pattern. But is it the right thing to do when it's your own mother? Feeling damn conflicted right now.

what happen
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #3574 on: September 20, 2014, 04:53:29 pm »
Unfortunately, sometimes you have to do that for a while and hope that they go find the place to fix their problems, because at some point you have to realize that some of those toxic people can't be changed by others so they need to change themselves. You may have to lessen that interaction so that she can work out her problems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3575 on: September 20, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »

what happen

Just a repeat cycle of her bringing negativity and drama around my life. And now I have a baby on the way, and it's happening again. It's different every time: Her and her neighbors are fighting, I'm put in the middle of her and my step-dad, she's on drugs again, she's in the hospital again because she's looking for pills. And somehow, it always ends up me being the bad guy. I just feel like I'm done and I don't want it anymore, I have my own family starting. But it is my mom, so I don't know if I'm just being selfish.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:56:35 pm by burningdoom »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3576 on: September 20, 2014, 06:01:39 pm »

what happen

Just a repeat cycle of her bringing negativity and drama around my life. And now I have a baby on the way, and it's happening again. It's different every time: Her and her neighbors are fighting, I'm put in the middle of her and my step-dad, she's on drugs again, she's in the hospital again because she's looking for pills. And somehow, it always ends up me being the bad guy. I just feel like I'm done and I don't want it anymore, I have my own family starting. But it is my mom, so I don't know if I'm just being selfish.

If you're thinking about your own family, I wouldn't say you're being selfish. It's a tough situation and one that I'm not sure has an easy answer. I've been very fortunate in my own life with my family and have never had to deal with stuff like this, but I've known numerous people who have basically shut out one or more parents from their lives. I'm sure it wasn't an easy thing for them to do, but a toxic personality is a toxic personality regardless of who it belongs to. I'm not saying that's what you should do or even that it's what I would do in a similar situation. As long as your own family's well being is at the heart of whatever decision you make, it really can't be a wrong decision in my opinion.

Whatever happens, I hope it all gets better for you my man.

davifus

« Reply #3577 on: September 20, 2014, 06:11:49 pm »

what happen

You have to let her go and set your priorities straight.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3578 on: September 20, 2014, 06:30:09 pm »
Yeah, my wife keeps saying I should set boundaries, too. I still feel conflicted even though I know it's probably the best thing to do.

Thanks.

Sorry for changing the mood, back to video games!

karyann

« Reply #3579 on: September 20, 2014, 06:46:52 pm »
Yeah, my wife keeps saying I should set boundaries, too. I still feel conflicted even though I know it's probably the best thing to do.

Thanks.

I think that both decisions will be hard for you, so I would suggest going with the one that would benefit you the most at least. I hope everything will be better for you soon!

Videogame-wise, man I've never played any game that made me rage as much as...Dokapon Kingdom/Journey. Seriously. I've never been angry playing a video game as much as I get when I play this  :o It seems frustratingly fun with friends, because then you can mess around with them, but when it's a CPU... Argh :P I got to admit I keep rage-resetting my system  :-[

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3580 on: September 20, 2014, 07:05:40 pm »

Thanks.

I think that both decisions will be hard for you, so I would suggest going with the one that would benefit you the most at least. I hope everything will be better for you soon!

Videogame-wise, man I've never played any game that made me rage as much as...Dokapon Kingdom/Journey. Seriously. I've never been angry playing a video game as much as I get when I play this  :o It seems frustratingly fun with friends, because then you can mess around with them, but when it's a CPU... Argh :P I got to admit I keep rage-resetting my system  :-[

SCREW DARKLINGS... I had a friend who would constantly be in last place throughout the game and whenever she had the chance to become a darkling she would do so and save up 100 dark points to reset all the towns... Pissed me off so much lol. I told the people I was playing with I would only play it again if we instituted a 'no darklings' rule.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3581 on: September 20, 2014, 07:38:42 pm »
Very cool diagram of all the swords in the different games in The Legend of Zelda series:

http://ao-upload-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/zeldaswords.jpg

I'd just post the pic here, but it is quite large.

« Reply #3582 on: September 20, 2014, 08:58:34 pm »

Life is too short to have shitty, negative people around, including family. You don't get to choose your family, which means that you may get lucky and get amazing parents, horrible parents, or often somewhere in between. If your parents are more towards the negative end of the spectrum, thinking hard about keeping them in your life, especially when they bring you down with their personal problems is something I'd recommend all people consider that find themselves in this situation. Especially when you've done all that you can do to be there for them and help them. I haven't spoken to my dad in almost 10-years because of him being an irresponsible, negligent, anti-social alcoholic, and I do not regret it at all. Yes, it was hard initially to let go of him, but I felt unequivocal happiness and relief after pushing him out of my life. Truth be told, he pushed me out more then I did him, he simply gave me no other option. it sounds like this is the case with your mom. if she wants to have a good, healthy relationship with you she will make the effort. Otherwise she will have to live without you and deal with the consequences of her disfunction.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:00:25 pm by bikingjahuty »

maximo310

« Reply #3583 on: September 20, 2014, 09:00:37 pm »
Very cool diagram of all the swords in the different games in The Legend of Zelda series:

http://ao-upload-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/zeldaswords.jpg

I'd just post the pic here, but it is quite large.
This is pretty cool man. I wish there was a place that made replicas of all of those swords just so I could buy some and then have sword fights with friends.

pacpix

« Reply #3584 on: September 20, 2014, 09:25:38 pm »
So I have been playing Goat Simulator on my phone a lot lately and I found a glitch that allows you to visit space!  You have to be Spider Goat while using the pitching machine.  If you shoot a ball and stick your grappling tongue out at the same time the goat begins floating and you can go all the way to space, or fall outside the map and walk around!

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)