Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651888 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4110 on: October 24, 2014, 10:16:40 am »
719 to be exact atm. There will be a increase when alpha sapphire & omega ruby comes out (if you associate mega as a whole new entry).
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #4111 on: October 24, 2014, 10:25:38 am »
I found a different patch, so I'll have to look at that link later. The thing is, one of the staples of Tales is fantastic character interaction. Personally, I want to know what Cless and Chester are talking about with Jude and Milla. Even though I know a fair bit of Japanese, it takes far too long for me to translate a couple of sentences. On the one hand, it can keep the mind sharp. On the other hand, I want to start killing things and stop translating. XD

Not sure if that makes sense to anyone, but Tales is my favorite series of all time and I like giving it as much attention as possible. Anyways, I'll look at the link with the patch and see if I can find any differences between the one I found.

Sure, I completely understand. :) I admit I'm a relatively new Tales convert. Never could get into the series on the PS1/PS2/GC for some reason, but Vesperia just "clicked" with me and I've loved all the games I've played since. Of course, ideally I'd like to understand what's being said as well, but at the same time I know most of it will be fan service that will fly right over my head since I'm not familiar with the majority of the characters in the game.

BTW, they never finished that PS3 Vesperia patch did they? Any idea why that stalled?

I have no idea why, they're so close to finishing too. I haven't been paying attention lately since I'm waiting on my copy of Vesperia to arrive in the mail. You can browse the script they have completed here: http://apps.lushu.org/vesperia/ in the meantime. Haven't seen the patch for it yet though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4112 on: October 24, 2014, 10:30:05 am »
that's it, argyle; Pokemon Conquest.

I even own the damned thing  :o

Just picked up Fantasy Life (3DS)...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4113 on: October 24, 2014, 10:30:15 am »
The problem with the Vesperia patch is that there have been so many hardware updates since the game was released.

As far as I know, if you wanted to play their patch, you would either need to do some major surgery on your PS3 or buy a new one and only get the appropriate update. I may be wrong on this, though. It's a real shame, too. Vesperia already has so much stuff to offer and the PS3 version adds even more awesome content.

abe

« Reply #4114 on: October 24, 2014, 10:35:58 am »
The problem with the Vesperia patch is that there have been so many hardware updates since the game was released.

As far as I know, if you wanted to play their patch, you would either need to do some major surgery on your PS3 or buy a new one and only get the appropriate update. I may be wrong on this, though. It's a real shame, too. Vesperia already has so much stuff to offer and the PS3 version adds even more awesome content.

I realize it's a bit late now to use the patch, but I really don't mind using the online script. I feel like playing in Japanese is a good way to get more practice in learning Japanese (if I try to actually read some of the kana, kanji is too difficult for me right now).

kashell

« Reply #4115 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51:51 am »

I realize it's a bit late now to use the patch, but I really don't mind using the online script. I feel like playing in Japanese is a good way to get more practice in learning Japanese (if I try to actually read some of the kana, kanji is too difficult for me right now).

I did that when I played the PSP versions of Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth. It was fine for a portable game because you could kind of set things up in a way that would be comfortable, whereas doing it while on a console would seem cumbersome. While any exposure to the language is good, it is hard to count playing the game as practice if you don't know kanji.  The thing about Japanese is that kanji is kind of the backbone of the written language. For English speakers, its important to just buckle down and memorize. I highly recommend Remembering the Kanji if you want to train your brain to memorize those fickle characters.

abe

« Reply #4116 on: October 24, 2014, 10:55:03 am »

I did that when I played the PSP versions of Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth. It was fine for a portable game because you could kind of set things up in a way that would be comfortable, whereas doing it while on a console would seem cumbersome. While any exposure to the language is good, it is hard to count playing the game as practice if you don't know kanji.  The thing about Japanese is that kanji is kind of the backbone of the written language. For English speakers, its important to just buckle down and memorize. I highly recommend Remembering the Kanji if you want to train your brain to memorize those fickle characters.

Well, it looks like it's time for me to get started on memorizing kanji. :)

kashell

« Reply #4117 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:16 am »
Best of luck! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I can try to help, even though I'm nowhere near where I want to be with the language.

abe

« Reply #4118 on: October 24, 2014, 11:12:30 am »
Best of luck! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I can try to help, even though I'm nowhere near where I want to be with the language.

Thanks! :D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4119 on: October 24, 2014, 12:48:12 pm »
Nov 7-9, I will be on a 3 day camping trip in the California desert with another forum I am apart of. They are guessing anywhere from 100-250 members will be showing up from all over California. It is a gun forum and this is their largest yearly event and very popular.... And it be will my first time going to it... Can't wait! Shooting, eating, hanging out, camping, even a movie night. It is a family event too, so many members bring their wives and kids.... When my nephew is old enough, I plan on taking him.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #4120 on: October 24, 2014, 01:34:02 pm »
I'm all about physical fitness and finding ways to stay healthy. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator? No problem! 10 floors isn't that many, right? :D ...... X_X

cobraseph

« Reply #4121 on: October 24, 2014, 03:08:09 pm »
Sitting here on my toy room painting some customs.. laptop with like 9 tabs opens and some good old Ramones playing on my music box. does anybody else do customs? figures,paint jobs???

mmm.. thinking on uploading some pictures to my VG gallery.. 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4122 on: October 24, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »
does anybody else do customs? figures,paint jobs???

Talk to Scott, he's also really into it & very good at it  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4123 on: October 24, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »

Talk to Scott, he's also really into it & very good at it  ;D

I read that as "finger paint jobs". It made me laugh

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4124 on: October 24, 2014, 04:22:06 pm »

Talk to Scott, he's also really into it & very good at it;D

I read that as "finger paint jobs". It made me laugh

My post *still* stands, my gutta brudda :P