Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664515 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6870 on: April 20, 2015, 01:13:41 am »
You guys are welcome.

kashell

« Reply #6871 on: April 20, 2015, 09:10:29 am »
Awwww we love having you here! That other forums is full of doo doo heads anyways.

Ha! The sad thing is that it used to not be full of them. There were some great folks on there that lead to great discussions. There weren't disagreements, but there were debates. So, if someone was in the wrong he/she wouldn't be corrected in a negative way. These days, though...yikes. In fact, yesterday before I posted on here, this one snot-nosed nitwit tried to correct me on some semantics in Star Ocean 4. SO4, of all things! I've spent nearly 400 hours on that game. I think I know what I'm talking about.

That is the bad thing about most gamer forums. Normally full of trolls, crybabies and so on. This is the only gamer forum I am active on, most others I don't bother signing up for. VGC is the best gamer forum out there IMO

Yep. Like I said, I'll still be part of GameFAQs, but not that specific board.

Anyways...you never know:

If such a good place can go so wrong then, conversely, I'll have to believe that - a place that's fallen so much - can also become so good again; someday...maybe.

I bolded your use of "Disgaeniac" because, it doesn't seem like a coincidence to me that - after all the time that you've been around here now - that in your post about leaving there = I think it's the 1st time that you've called me by my screen-name here...instead of my old screen-name from there  ::)

I know - I notice some pretty weird stuff sometimes  :P

True. It could bounce back to the way it used to be but, I'm not going to hold my breath for that one. XD I think I've called you by your VG-name here on a couple of occasions.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:52:48 pm by kashell »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6872 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:20 pm »
Found an old VCR to go along with 2 Legend of Zelda VHS tapes at goodwill today. So good day overall! As the world gets more technologically advanced I seem to be going in the other direction... ... So anyone got any old betamax lying around? lol

I still have a VCR that I use. I have far too many VHSes in my movie collection to get rid of it. Some never have been released on DVD even (especially wrestling and animated stuff).

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6873 on: April 20, 2015, 12:18:41 pm »
Considering doing a home build for my counsel shelf and a shelf for all my games.....

Gonna have to recruit my brother in helping me...

(also accounting for future buys as well)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6874 on: April 20, 2015, 02:49:43 pm »
IF anyone has made their own shelving units/cubbies before for stuff can you give me a template or some tips? I would love for that to be a project I'm doing this summer but I've never done any stuff like that before so any help would be nice!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6875 on: April 20, 2015, 02:55:34 pm »
You guys (*especially* Disgaeniac 8)) are awesome. ;D

Q.F.

to the

m - f'ing

T!  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #6876 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:02 pm »
IF anyone has made their own shelving units/cubbies before for stuff can you give me a template or some tips? I would love for that to be a project I'm doing this summer but I've never done any stuff like that before so any help would be nice!

If you want to put some shelves on a wall for displaying special games, figurines, etc., use some floating shelf brackets. They look really nice for displays separate from larger shelving units. These are the sort of thing I'm talking about. They're probably not something you'd want to use to build a bunch to store your entire collection on though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #6877 on: April 20, 2015, 04:20:50 pm »
Found an old VCR to go along with 2 Legend of Zelda VHS tapes at goodwill today. So good day overall! As the world gets more technologically advanced I seem to be going in the other direction... ... So anyone got any old betamax lying around? lol
I'm one of the few people here who still buys VHS tapes regularly. I mostly collect horror tapes and the random Mexican movie / movies whenever I stumble upon them. I don't have a link to my VHS collection because I don't have a scanner that can handle their cover artwork, and the site I use is missing a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of my tapes.

Also this is a forum where lots of people collect games for thirty year old game systems. So. :P

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6878 on: April 20, 2015, 04:44:55 pm »

If you want to put some shelves on a wall for displaying special games, figurines, etc., use some floating shelf brackets. They look really nice for displays separate from larger shelving units. These are the sort of thing I'm talking about. They're probably not something you'd want to use to build a bunch to store your entire collection on though.

I'm talking more creating a stand under my TV to hold all of my consoles. I have like 11 now and they really don't fit on my current stand too well haha.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6879 on: April 20, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »

I'm talking more creating a stand under my TV to hold all of my consoles. I have like 11 now and they really don't fit on my current stand too well haha.

http://cdn.horriblenight.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ultimate_game_room.jpeg

I wanna do this pretty much. I like the lights, and will likely add fans to vent the air

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6880 on: April 20, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »

I wanna do this pretty much. I like the lights, and will likely add fans to vent the air

Same,

Not sure if I like the lights and I also don't have enough consoles at all to fill it so maybe that is for a later date but I wanna make one with a bunch of cubbie holes like that.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6881 on: April 20, 2015, 05:18:00 pm »

Same,

Not sure if I like the lights and I also don't have enough consoles at all to fill it so maybe that is for a later date but I wanna make one with a bunch of cubbie holes like that.

Now I am wondering.... What I should set up for the handhelds? How to store/display them?

Advice guys?

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6882 on: April 20, 2015, 05:31:03 pm »
Now I am wondering.... What I should set up for the handhelds? How to store/display them?

Advice guys?

I have mine on shelves and am planning on using these once I have the money. I bought one and it holds every handheld, even the game gear, perfectly. So I'm currently using it for my PSP.

I had originally bought these which a lot of people seem to like but I just didn't like the feel of them. I have a few leftover if you want to buy them from me I'm trying to get rid of them.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6883 on: April 20, 2015, 05:35:51 pm »

Advice guys?

I have mine on shelves and am planning on using these once I have the money. I bought one and it holds every handheld, even the game gear, perfectly. So I'm currently using it for my PSP.

I had originally bought these which a lot of people seem to like but I just didn't like the feel of them. I have a few leftover if you want to buy them from me I'm trying to get rid of them.

While those look cool. I live upstairs and in earthquake country..... My house shakes when a big rig passes. So I don't think its the best idea for me to use those. Might have to make room in the cubbys

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #6884 on: April 20, 2015, 05:44:16 pm »
This is an old pic of my game room, but I have 2 of these cloth 3-drawer storage units, one on each side of my TV. I store controllers, cables, etc. in them. I keep my handhelds in carrying cases, and store those in the drawers also. I don't want to display my handhelds, mainly because I don't want dust collecting on the screens.

IMG_2749
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis