Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1607131 times)

maximo310

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7230 on: May 28, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »
Ouch, that GameFAQ's resdesign does not look good at all.  It doesn't help that the boards throughout the site have been in constant decline for awhile especially since it's been around for quite a long time. It's a shame.

karyann

« Reply #7231 on: May 28, 2015, 10:13:46 pm »
I just went to a Cat Café today!  ;D Eating delicious chocolate and banana cake fresh from the oven, and then pet and play with cats... such a cool place  :)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7232 on: May 28, 2015, 10:40:52 pm »
I just went to a Cat Café today!  ;D Eating delicious chocolate and banana cake fresh from the oven, and then pet and play with cats... such a cool place  :)

Nice, I would pet my cat, but she is pure evil
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #7233 on: May 29, 2015, 07:29:33 am »
That sounds amazing!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #7234 on: May 29, 2015, 07:46:58 am »

Ugh, my allergies start to flare up just hearing about that. :P For you people who don't have horrible reactions to cats tho, sounds pretty cool! ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #7235 on: May 29, 2015, 08:02:04 am »

Kittehs!! <3

That sounds like a wonderful place.

karyann

« Reply #7236 on: May 29, 2015, 05:57:17 pm »

Ugh, my allergies start to flare up just hearing about that. :P For you people who don't have horrible reactions to cats tho, sounds pretty cool! ;)

I am allergic to cats too, but I'm so stuffed of antihistamines (the stuff against allergies) these days because of pollen and whatnot, that it didn't make much difference to pet some cats  haha  :P Anyhow, it was pretty fun indeed!

Now, on to play some Splatoon  8)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7237 on: May 29, 2015, 10:00:22 pm »
Someone let me know how Splatoon is.

Also, I have enough cat hair on food and whatnot. I'm not paying for it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7238 on: May 29, 2015, 10:39:20 pm »

Also, I have enough cat hair on food and whatnot. I'm not paying for it.

I keep seeing ads on tv for it... I want it!

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #7239 on: May 30, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »

It's really a great game, as long as you like playing against other people, because the campaign is more of a "training grounds" thing. But I am not someone who really likes competitive play, nor playing with random strangers, nor play shooters... yet I love Splatoon. This is just my experience, but so far I'm having lots of fun :)

My only real concern is that there's only a 1v1 local play, so once Nintendo shuts down the servers in a few years, this game will pretty much have no purpose. But I'm going to care for that only when the time comes.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7240 on: May 30, 2015, 06:33:13 pm »
Off to the angels game soon, look for me along the 3rd base side ;)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7241 on: May 30, 2015, 09:49:07 pm »
Real talk:

How do I upload pictures on here? Keep in mind I'm a computer dunce. XD I'm guessing I put the picture on my computer first, then I use the "Insert Image" button and then...I'm not sure why pictures don't show up. I have something I want to show!

Warmsignal

« Reply #7242 on: May 30, 2015, 11:03:26 pm »
Ive got a golden ticket. It's actually a gold color ticket with a phone number on it. Waited an entire year to get this number. The guy used to run a video and game rental store, supposedly still has most of the games. Claims he will sell at $10 a game. Getting very rare access to his stash of NES, SNES, 64, GEN, and PS1. Maybe more. Who knows what I will find?  ???

Just hoping I can come away with some good deals on games that have skyrocketed. It would make my year if he had an Earthbound, or even a Sunset Riders. But also hoping Im able to contain myself and not run to the bank and drop a grand in one day on games.  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7243 on: May 31, 2015, 01:42:36 am »
Video Games Monthly - Retro Games Subscription Box

This is a great idea, I want to subscribe. But I want some sort of sampling of what kind of games I'd get before I take the plunge. I don't want to get crappy sports titles, or 20 copies of Super Mario Bros.

Does anyone know anything about this or anyone that has subscribed to this before that can tell us their experience with it?

So I signed up, I was just too curious, and apparently I made it in for their first month! I signed up for the middle package, 4 games for $34.99. NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 is available, and their promising more platforms to come.

Whoever runs their Facebook page messaged me and asked for my wishlist. So that is definitely promising and seems like they're going out of their way to try and get gamers what they want.

First box ships June 10th. I'll provide pics and my thoughts on it here when I get it.

desocietas

« Reply #7244 on: May 31, 2015, 02:23:43 am »
Real talk:

How do I upload pictures on here? Keep in mind I'm a computer dunce. XD I'm guessing I put the picture on my computer first, then I use the "Insert Image" button and then...I'm not sure why pictures don't show up. I have something I want to show!

Here's the tutorial I gave my d-brother :) :

You cannot upload photos directly to the forum post.  What you need to do instead is upload an image to something else, like imgur, and get the image link for it and then insert it like thus:

Code: [Select]
[img]image.jpg[/img]
So yeah, step by step:
1. go to imgur.com
(optionally, you can sign in or create an account so that you can access your photo later. otherwise, you might not be able to find it later.)
2. click on the "upload images" button at the top of the page.
3. drag and drop the image onto that imgur page
4. click on "start upload"
5. on the right side of the page, it will say "Direct Link (email & IM)" with a link typed under it, usually ending with .jpg
6. Copy that link or click on the little icon next to that link to copy the link.
7. Go to your vgcollect forum post and click on the "insert image" icon (mona lisa icon).
8. paste in your link
9.? ? ?
10. profit!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas