Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1647743 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7920 on: August 21, 2015, 01:09:03 pm »
Rant:

I freaking hate shops that price games and DON'T take condition into consideration.

"Oh, Final Fantasy VII is selling for $60 in pristine condition on eBay, well, I might as well price this 2 disc only version with scratched discs at $59.99." And then when you try to talk them down, citing the condition, they tell you they only consider if it plays or not; and sometimes even start getting annoyed with you.

AAAHHH!!! What the hell kind of logic is that? When you buy a car you don't consider if it just runs. When you buy a DVD, you don't pay the same for a disc-only copy as you do a complete one. You're not gonna buy a scratched up table for the same price as a nice one. So why should this be acceptable for video games?! And they REALLY have no reason to act like your out of line for mentioning it and trying to haggle.

Thing is, though, I live in a rural town. I don't have a lot of choices for game hunting. There's not much else I can do but be frustrated, or turn to eBay or other online sources.

Thank Gamestop for setting the precedent of "buying" everything for the exact same price regardless of condition or how complete it is  >:(

I suppose that is great for those who choose to do their selling there, though...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #7921 on: August 21, 2015, 01:20:32 pm »
Rant:

I freaking hate shops that price games and DON'T take condition into consideration.

"Oh, Final Fantasy VII is selling for $60 in pristine condition on eBay, well, I might as well price this 2 disc only version with scratched discs at $59.99." And then when you try to talk them down, citing the condition, they tell you they only consider if it plays or not; and sometimes even start getting annoyed with you.

AAAHHH!!! What the hell kind of logic is that? When you buy a car you don't consider if it just runs. When you buy a DVD, you don't pay the same for a disc-only copy as you do a complete one. You're not gonna buy a scratched up table for the same price as a nice one. So why should this be acceptable for video games?! And they REALLY have no reason to act like your out of line for mentioning it and trying to haggle.

Thing is, though, I live in a rural town. I don't have a lot of choices for game hunting. There's not much else I can do but be frustrated, or turn to eBay or other online sources.

Thank Gamestop for setting the precedent of "buying" everything for the exact same price regardless of condition or how complete it is  >:(

I suppose that is great for those who choose to do their selling there, though...

The one perk was that they used to price their older stuff for pretty cheap, so if you were able to luck out, you could get a good condition CIB copy of something for much lower than on eBay.  However, they seem to have been getting wise to this practice and started selling certain used items for even higher than original retail (Xenoblade Chronicles, for instance).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #7922 on: August 21, 2015, 01:49:59 pm »
Rant:

Wow, that seems really stupid. Forget whether it plays or not, they don't even have all three discs! That's not even a complete version of the game yet it's being sold at full price?  ???
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #7923 on: August 21, 2015, 01:52:35 pm »
Ye gawdz this day is refusing to end. I'm so tempted to flip over my laptop and say, "That's it. I'm done. I'm going home."

Don't forget flooding the place on yer way out ;)

Is it just me?

I was reading an instruction manual (for Atelier Shallie) and it makes mention of an "in-game manual"; where you can press the PS button while playing, and find + click-on an icon to view a digital manual while playing...but - I can't find any such icon.

tl;dr: WtF?

It's at the top of the LivaArea screen (the screen where you open or resume the game from after pressing the PS button). The icon for the digital manual looks like a pinkish-red book with a white question mark on it.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #7924 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »
Wait...what? FFVII is a three-discer, and they're selling it at that price? I don't care what condition it's in: they're not selling the full product. It's like they're selling you a vehicle with three tires.

telly

« Reply #7925 on: August 21, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »
Wait...what? FFVII is a three-discer, and they're selling it at that price? I don't care what condition it's in: they're not selling the full product. It's like they're selling you a vehicle with three tires.

Exactly what I was thinking! ;D  :P
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #7926 on: August 21, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
Ha! I just read your post. Great minds think alike and all that. I was just so flabbergasted by the fact that these folks had the audacity to list a game that is 3 discs at a high price when it's missing one of them.

I can't even...it's stories like this that make me lose faith in the human race.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7927 on: August 21, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »
I may have been exaggerating a little with the 2 discs.  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7928 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:46 pm »

:o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #7929 on: August 21, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »

You lying liar, you!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7930 on: August 21, 2015, 03:57:46 pm »
I was talking in general about a certain shop. Just made an example off the top of my head. It's a normal thing at this shop. You bring the lady a cartridge and she even looks up the price right in front of you on eBay.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7931 on: August 21, 2015, 04:01:10 pm »
Well I have found out I was playing Project X Zone wrong when I had previously played it. That game is not meant to be a sit down and play game, its perfect for right before bed. Almost each stage is an hour and its pretty mindless when playing. Its a great game to wind down before I fall asleep!

kashell

« Reply #7932 on: August 21, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »
Well I have found out I was playing Project X Zone wrong when I had previously played it. That game is not meant to be a sit down and play game, its perfect for right before bed. Almost each stage is an hour and its pretty mindless when playing. Its a great game to wind down before I fall asleep!

That's how Namco X Capcom is, too. One stage will take about an hour or so.

I'm glad you're enjoying PXZ! One of my favorite parts of the game is that most of X's weapons are from X4, which happens to be my favorite of all time.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7933 on: August 22, 2015, 12:05:12 am »
Lol,

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7934 on: August 22, 2015, 12:17:53 am »
The last 2 days have SUCKED. My allergies have been kicking my ass.......

Hold me Kash....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730