Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1543445 times)

ko1ru

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #810 on: June 20, 2013, 10:40:34 am »
Of course it's up to me what I want to list and what I don't.  I just drive myself crazy sometimes with such things.  I like to bounce things back and forth before ultimately deciding what to do.  :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #811 on: June 20, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »
Wish I could take credit for it, but I saw it somewhere else...

"I guess that now they'll have to call it the X-Box 180:P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

sin2beta

« Reply #812 on: June 20, 2013, 08:17:16 pm »
I always get sad when I see someone pay a high price for a rare/sought-after game. I just saw someone bid on the SEGA CD Santcher starting at $300. I fear that only drives the price up...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #813 on: June 20, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »
The only good side to that is its possible that it could bring more copies out into availability. Look at what that copy of Air raid did ... I think 2 more surfaced once that one sold.

sin2beta

« Reply #814 on: June 21, 2013, 10:16:06 pm »
The only good side to that is its possible that it could bring more copies out into availability. Look at what that copy of Air raid did ... I think 2 more surfaced once that one sold.

That's actually a really solid point. Soera, you are totally a glass half full guy.

scott

« Reply #815 on: June 22, 2013, 11:51:19 pm »
I did the math and I'm currently sitting at 820 games only. 664 physical and 156 digital. Sweet.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #816 on: June 24, 2013, 05:19:16 pm »
I've been toying around with Little Samson on my computer (Shhh.  Don't tell).  This game is freaking awesome.  I see why folks started to get all crazy over it.  This is a really good game.  Too bad it didn't get the exposure it deserved when it was first released. 

On a semi-related note, I just found out I'm getting a pretty awesome "Merit Bonus" at the end of this week.  Now I'm trying really, really hard to not blow a chunk of it on Little Samson.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #817 on: June 25, 2013, 11:51:03 am »
So, when I drove to my local GS this morning to pick up my Project X-Zone LE pre-order...I noticed that they had a boxed Ouya unit for sale on the counter for (I'm *almost* positive, at least:) $99.99

Not for nothing, but, for some reason, it felt...well...kinda' 'weird' to see it for sale at GS - maybe just 'cause it's my 1st time seeing one...anywhere.

Iirc, Desocietas and maybe some others here, as well, had picked one up ==> any of you used/played anything on one yet?

*Edit*

After adding Project X-Zone to the rest of my 3-DS games...it still feels kind of hard to believe that I'm still 3 games shy of having (20) different 3-DS games...feels like I've been buying more of them, for a pretty long while now to only amount to a total of 17 games for it  :o
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:54:43 am by disgaeniac »

scott

« Reply #818 on: June 25, 2013, 11:52:36 pm »
I'm pretty sure I'll never bother w/ the Vita Uncharted games. The series just works so well as a Trilogy, that tossing in 2 more games into the mix seems like it's over reaching. Of course, I don't own a Vita so that helps w/ the decision.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #819 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42:07 am »
I've seen the Vita being called the "PS3 Portable" -and- I kind of like that...

tpugmire

« Reply #820 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:26 pm »
I just stopped by GameStop to reserve a copy of Super Luigi U. I have a strange feeling that the retail version will be hard to find. Normally, I hate giving money to GameStop, but I don't want to miss out.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

sin2beta

« Reply #821 on: June 26, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »
I just stopped by GameStop to reserve a copy of Super Luigi U. I have a strange feeling that the retail version will be hard to find. Normally, I hate giving money to GameStop, but I don't want to miss out.

I've heard of a few people buying it for that very reason

foxhack

« Reply #822 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
I'm not looking forward to Friday.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #823 on: June 27, 2013, 09:07:20 am »

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.  Are they as evil? 

I think all the GameStop hate is a little much.  Those fools helped me out big time yesterday.  I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD and then I asked if they had Xenoblade Chronicles.  Dude said no, but he took the time look at other stores and get one sent to little ole Batesville.  He found that and a Scarlet Ninjini Skylander for The Boy.  I'm back on board, unless it's cheaper on Amazon.

tpugmire

« Reply #824 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:12 am »
I don't necessarily hate GameStop. I just prefer small businesses in general. That, and some of their policies I disagree with. I'll still shop there, but on a very limited basis.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com