Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596732 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8235 on: September 25, 2015, 11:13:16 am »
October is almost here, and that means it's almost time for Halloween. I like playing survival/horror titles during this special time of the year and I'm thinking I might start up a new one as I get closer to the end of Enchanted Arms. I'm debating between Enemy Zero, Rule of Rose, or trying out a new path in Eternal Darkness. My first time through ED, I went with the green path. This time, I set up the game for the blue one.

Have you considered getting Corpse Party: Blood Drive for the Vita? The release is only a few weeks from now, perfect for Halloween. :)

Oooh...I forgot about Corpse Party. The only thing is I haven't played any of the others on the PSP. Do I need to play those first to fully enjoy the Vita game? I can't stand "download only" titles unless they're free, so I never bothered with the first two games.

It's important to play the first two in order to understand what's going on, since Blood Drive is a direct continuation of the events of the final chapter of Book of Shadows. I would strongly recommend that you play the first two in order to fully appreciate Blood Drive.

I understand your feelings towards download only games, but I think they're worth picking up regardless. Xseed has had a Halloween sale the last few years and likely will again this year, so it's a good time to pick up the first two then when they're discounted. I bought them a couple years ago during their Halloween sale when they were discounted to $10 each and I'm really glad I did.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #8236 on: September 25, 2015, 12:03:19 pm »
October is almost here, and that means it's almost time for Halloween. I like playing survival/horror titles during this special time of the year and I'm thinking I might start up a new one as I get closer to the end of Enchanted Arms. I'm debating between Enemy Zero, Rule of Rose, or trying out a new path in Eternal Darkness. My first time through ED, I went with the green path. This time, I set up the game for the blue one.

I was thinking about something similar, except I can't handle survival horror/general horror very well   :(
I'm mainly looking for something spooky/creepy or with a halloween theme. The most obvious is Costume Quest, though it's not spooky at all. Anybody has other suggestions for something creepy but that won't make me lose sleep?  ???
Oh, and I can't handle any zombies other than in Plants vs Zombies  ::)

So far I thought of Costume Quest and Luigi's Mansion.

kashell

« Reply #8237 on: September 25, 2015, 12:17:32 pm »
I was thinking about something similar, except I can't handle survival horror/general horror very well   :(
I'm mainly looking for something spooky/creepy or with a halloween theme. The most obvious is Costume Quest, though it's not spooky at all. Anybody has other suggestions for something creepy but that won't make me lose sleep?  ???
Oh, and I can't handle any zombies other than in Plants vs Zombies  ::)

So far I thought of Costume Quest and Luigi's Mansion.

Hmm...how do you feel about survival/horror games that are B-movie level cheesy? Maybe something like D? Also, what about ghost related stuff? The first Fatal Frame comes to mind since it's rated T and doesn't have any intense situations. Instead, it's more about being creepy and spooky.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8238 on: September 25, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »
Working on a deal for a 3d xl :) my buddy kid doesnt really use his anymore so my buddy said he might let me buy it.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #8239 on: September 25, 2015, 05:37:39 pm »
Hmm...how do you feel about survival/horror games that are B-movie level cheesy? Maybe something like D? Also, what about ghost related stuff? The first Fatal Frame comes to mind since it's rated T and doesn't have any intense situations. Instead, it's more about being creepy and spooky.

That doesn't sound too bad! Thanks for the suggestion  :)

telly

« Reply #8240 on: September 25, 2015, 05:50:08 pm »

That doesn't sound too bad! Thanks for the suggestion  :)

What about a Castlevania game? They've got all those horror elements but aren't so much scary as just a fun platformer :)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8241 on: September 25, 2015, 06:57:02 pm »
Does anyone have a spare 8-bit Mario amiibo I could buy off them?

Warmsignal

« Reply #8242 on: September 26, 2015, 12:28:46 am »

Sometimes the gods whoever they may be, smile down upon you.

If you remember I was nagging you guys about my not finding this now out of print DVD. Well, my persistent checking with FYE paid off. Walked in to pick up an album and what do you know? Someone traded this in! I love those holy crap moments, where you stumble upon something you've really been wanting for a great deal.  :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:30:30 am by Warmsignal »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8243 on: September 26, 2015, 06:30:50 pm »
Today is National Batman Day! And GameStop is giving this comic book away for free, as well as having 50% off of all Batman games and related merchandise!

It's actually a decent-sized comic, too. Not your normal 10 page-preview freebie book.

kashell

« Reply #8244 on: September 28, 2015, 08:19:48 am »
@warmsignal: That's great news...but you didn't buy any of those Golden Girls DVDs?! Shame on you! XD

I think Golden Girls is my favorite sitcom of all time. It's weird knowing that there is only one of them left.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8245 on: September 28, 2015, 12:10:57 pm »
Actually, I'm always surprised at how many people tend to like Golden Girls. I couldn't ever get into it. The humor isn't my style, I guess, but a lot of people do like it.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8246 on: September 28, 2015, 01:59:18 pm »
So yesterday I booted up steam for the first time in ages (add me: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tafkco) and decided to play Papers Please for the first time. Damn I need to play some more light games, had a blast for 2 hours and I'm already halfway done with the game.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8247 on: September 28, 2015, 04:49:32 pm »
So yesterday I booted up steam for the first time in ages (add me: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tafkco) and decided to play Papers Please for the first time. Damn I need to play some more light games, had a blast for 2 hours and I'm already halfway done with the game.

Added. I need more friends too on Xbox Live and Steam if you wanna add me, same name as here. I rarely play but good to have friends on em lol

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8248 on: September 28, 2015, 04:54:58 pm »
Actually, I'm always surprised at how many people tend to like Golden Girls. I couldn't ever get into it. The humor isn't my style, I guess, but a lot of people do like it.

Golden Girls is funny. There's a lot of sitcoms that feel forced, that show doesn't.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8249 on: September 28, 2015, 09:04:24 pm »
I dont wanna be "that guy" (sorry redblaze), but go Packers!

1049-2600-8730