Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657143 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8970 on: December 28, 2015, 02:21:03 pm »
That is some crazy stuff guys^  I don't get along with my dad, at all, he is your typical, Angry, Irish drunk. Only cares about himself. I don't know why mom is still married with him.

anywho, there is always tension between us, on my bday, it nearly comes to a head and almost got physical.I wont go into details, but I felt, kicking the shit out of a 65 year old man ass isn't worth going to jail. Going to jail for elder abuse wouldn't look very good.... enough though he is more then capable of fighting....

Its like walking on eggshells being around him, gotta be careful what you say or do, so you dont catch his wrath, because he is either drunk, or just angry.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8971 on: December 28, 2015, 02:27:00 pm »
I guess it just goes to show how many families are screwed up. My wife had to stop seeing and talking with her mom a few years back. It has taken a lot of stress out of my wife's life. She sometimes misses her mom, but realizes she misses more the thought of having a parent than actually missing her mom.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Warmsignal

« Reply #8972 on: December 28, 2015, 03:42:55 pm »
That's a real shame that you had to go through that, but it sounds like you have the foresight to realize that you're doing the best thing for you. If he is going to act like a petulant child and -still- refuses to act like an adult, then you are doing the right thing for you and your happiness. Still, I hate that you have to go through that with your brother. Some of my best gaming memories are playing couch-op with my two brothers.

One more thing: I don't know about the rule of having to bite your tongue and letting things slide. If something upsets you, by all means you should say something.

Wish I could say the same. But he would never really play anything with me unless it was like a four player setting, he resented my existence back in the day.

I know that he is probably never going to change at this point. I saw a bit of change in him back when he first married, and that is why I gave it all another shot. All of that has totally backslid, by now. Back to the same bully-like tactics and disrespect. I wanted to leave that all in the past, but obviously it can't be done. In fact it seems that bringing up the negativity of the past, things I like to forget about, has for years been his favorite thing to do because he knows it's bothersome to me. He really likes to try and put me back in the past where I'm that same person he used to torment and disrespect. It always brings a smile to his face when he does that. It's my own fault now if I continue to subject myself to this, because I don't have to.

Sometimes I don't get it, but then I do. It's crazy how your own family can treat you, compared to how your friends often treat you. My best friends would never do or say the kinds of things my brother has to me. You just don't do that to your friends, but with family it's like they think they have some reserved right to disrespect you, and I think that's F'd up.

« Reply #8973 on: December 28, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #8975 on: December 28, 2015, 08:41:42 pm »
Lemmy Kilmister has passed away.
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMotorhead/posts/1107561019276205

WTF...I was listening to the cover of Sympathy for the Devil. Rest in peace Lemmy.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8976 on: December 29, 2015, 09:11:41 am »
I'm back in Nashville after a series of delays. @_@

That's a real shame that you had to go through that, but it sounds like you have the foresight to realize that you're doing the best thing for you. If he is going to act like a petulant child and -still- refuses to act like an adult, then you are doing the right thing for you and your happiness. Still, I hate that you have to go through that with your brother. Some of my best gaming memories are playing couch-op with my two brothers.

One more thing: I don't know about the rule of having to bite your tongue and letting things slide. If something upsets you, by all means you should say something.

Wish I could say the same. But he would never really play anything with me unless it was like a four player setting, he resented my existence back in the day.

I know that he is probably never going to change at this point. I saw a bit of change in him back when he first married, and that is why I gave it all another shot. All of that has totally backslid, by now. Back to the same bully-like tactics and disrespect. I wanted to leave that all in the past, but obviously it can't be done. In fact it seems that bringing up the negativity of the past, things I like to forget about, has for years been his favorite thing to do because he knows it's bothersome to me. He really likes to try and put me back in the past where I'm that same person he used to torment and disrespect. It always brings a smile to his face when he does that. It's my own fault now if I continue to subject myself to this, because I don't have to.

Sometimes I don't get it, but then I do. It's crazy how your own family can treat you, compared to how your friends often treat you. My best friends would never do or say the kinds of things my brother has to me. You just don't do that to your friends, but with family it's like they think they have some reserved right to disrespect you, and I think that's F'd up.

Well, like I said, I'm glad you decided to nix him from your life. If he actually gets enjoyment from tormenting you, then there is something wrong with him and I am worried about his wife and kids. We were raised to protect family members from bullies; not act like the bullies.

gf78

« Reply #8977 on: December 29, 2015, 09:18:52 am »
The sad fact is that some people are just true-blue douchebags, even family members.  You can't pick who your family is, but you can choose not to deal with their nonsense.  I think all of us have some screwed up family somewhere along the way.  My wife decided that she isn't going to deal with the drama and bullshit from her mom and her sister.  It hurts her because they are part of her life.  But she also knows in reality, they just drag her down and it's a constant "game" of who pissed off who, backstabbing and playing favorites.  Nobody needs that in their life.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8978 on: December 29, 2015, 10:09:52 am »
I have 2 packages from target via FedEx, and on the Fedex website, its saying their may be delays in the midwest due to storms.. I have a package in Joplin, MO and Earth City, MO..... So Local news just pops up.... and they are discussing the weather in the midwest and showed the map of where the storms at..... Sitting right over Joplin, MO, and most of MO....

My packages might be delayed. haha..

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #8979 on: December 29, 2015, 11:03:24 am »
The weather is starting to turn a bit nasty over here. I had to shorten my stay in my family, but I'm glad I did, because I definitely wouldn't have wanted to drive 5+ hours in that snowstorm  :o We already got about 12 inches of snow since it started snowing during the night.

gf78

« Reply #8980 on: December 29, 2015, 11:18:36 am »
I have 2 packages from target via FedEx, and on the Fedex website, its saying their may be delays in the midwest due to storms.. I have a package in Joplin, MO and Earth City, MO..... So Local news just pops up.... and they are discussing the weather in the midwest and showed the map of where the storms at..... Sitting right over Joplin, MO, and most of MO....

I know both those places!  Missouri is soaked.  There are highways closed all over the place and people getting flooded out.  It's supposed to crest in the next couple of days, but it's already bad.  There are sandbag crews out trying to stem the tide.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8981 on: December 29, 2015, 12:18:39 pm »
Wow, I had the opposite experience with USPS just yesterday. I ordered a graphic novel on Saturday, and it was already in my mailbox yesterday, on Monday. And it wasn't even in the same state.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8982 on: December 29, 2015, 12:31:22 pm »

I know both those places!  Missouri is soaked.  There are highways closed all over the place and people getting flooded out.  It's supposed to crest in the next couple of days, but it's already bad.  There are sandbag crews out trying to stem the tide.

wanna go break in both places, grab my packages, fly out to Long Beach airport in California and hand them off to me? ;)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #8983 on: December 29, 2015, 01:12:41 pm »
Ah, back to my original avatar.

I feel that it's important to reflect on the good and bad that has happened over the year.

2015 was full of ups and downs. It started off with tragedy such as Charlie Ebdo, the German co-pilot of 9525 and of course the continuing saga of the refugees from Syria. One can't help but to feel powerless during such tragic times and seeing "thoughts and prayers" from useless people in power just adds to the frustration. I feel especially frustrated about the mass-shootings, the senseless drama with Planned Parenthood and the terrorist attacks in Paris.

But, there was so much good that happened this year. Hopefully, young children have found a new interest in science thanks to the shots of Pluto. Hopefully, those with ability to influence change can help with the climate issues. Hopefully, Cuba relations mean new possibilities for our country. And of course, legalization of same-sex marriage across the United States.

It's been an interesting year. Hopefully 2016 has changes for all of the right reasons. I'm anxious to see what's in store.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:24:24 pm by kashell »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8984 on: December 29, 2015, 01:49:34 pm »
Ah, back to my original avatar.

I feel that it's important to reflect on the good and bad that has happened over the year.

I smell a new topic brewing