Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656779 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8415 on: October 15, 2015, 12:48:47 am »

On another note, Nintendo is hiring for a 2 months job, 12 hours a week, to educate sellers on Nintendo products in my city. I'm this close to re-writing my CV in English and apply! I'll think it through tomorrow, since work is currently very busy and I have to work as much as I can, but ... can I really say no to an opportunity to possibly work for Nintendo? Don't think I can.  :-X I'll probably find a way to make both jobs work together.

You should apply! :) Good luck, and let us know how that goes!

You should at least try! It's good practice to apply and freshen up your CV whether you end up getting the job or not. I just recently applied for what might be a really cool job and even though I'd be sad if I didn't get it, I'm glad I took the time to update and freshen up my CVs. That way, if another awesome job pops up, I'll be ready. Timing can be of the essence sometimes for job openings.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #8416 on: October 15, 2015, 08:06:38 am »
You should at least try! It's good practice to apply and freshen up your CV whether you end up getting the job or not. I just recently applied for what might be a really cool job and even though I'd be sad if I didn't get it, I'm glad I took the time to update and freshen up my CVs. That way, if another awesome job pops up, I'll be ready. Timing can be of the essence sometimes for job openings.

I agree with this. You should totally try. The worst that could happen is that they say no, but you have a freshly polished CV.

If you have to look that up, then that's exactly my point. It's not hard to spell it out.

Perhaps. But it's not hard for someone to snap on their smartphone, tablet or what-have-you and type in a search bar.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:09:30 am by kashell »

karyann

« Reply #8417 on: October 15, 2015, 12:32:54 pm »
You should at least try! It's good practice to apply and freshen up your CV whether you end up getting the job or not. I just recently applied for what might be a really cool job and even though I'd be sad if I didn't get it, I'm glad I took the time to update and freshen up my CVs. That way, if another awesome job pops up, I'll be ready. Timing can be of the essence
sometimes for job openings.

That's a good point! Although I probably won't use an English version again, reworking it will probably make me think of things to add to my French version.

I'm going to work on that and send it tonight :)

gf78

« Reply #8418 on: October 15, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »
Since this is the anonymous thread and all...

I've been going through my collection of odds & ends (posters, pins, etc.) and I think that once I take pictures and add them to the database, I will be over 1800 items.  That's not even including various magazines I have acquired that aren't listed in the database yet.  It's crazy to think how much stuff I actually own that is games/gaming related. 

While I don't have my classic collection of yesteryear from the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc., I think that overall I have a better collection now overall than I have ever had at any time in the past. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8419 on: October 15, 2015, 01:47:47 pm »
Whenever someone texts me, I hear the "casting a magic spell sound" from Secret of Mana. Not only is this already a good thing, but when I receive multiple texts/emails in a row, it sounds like I'm facing a boss as I cast spell after spell after spell. XD

gf78

« Reply #8420 on: October 15, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »
Whenever someone texts me, I hear the "casting a magic spell sound" from Secret of Mana. Not only is this already a good thing, but when I receive multiple texts/emails in a row, it sounds like I'm facing a boss as I cast spell after spell after spell. XD

LOL. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #8421 on: October 15, 2015, 03:02:48 pm »

I've been going through my collection of odds & ends (posters, pins, etc.) and I think that once I take pictures and add them to the database, I will be over 1800 items.  That's not even including various magazines I have acquired that aren't listed in the database yet.  It's crazy to think how much stuff I actually own that is games/gaming related. 

While I don't have my classic collection of yesteryear from the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc., I think that overall I have a better collection now overall than I have ever had at any time in the past.

It's nice to do a periodic audit of all your items... Sometimes I'll find that things that I thought were complete are strangely not or that I thought I had something but must've loaned it out ages ago.  Also, I'll find things that I completely forgot buying randomly and add them to my collection so that I know not to accidentally buy it again, haha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #8422 on: October 15, 2015, 04:40:23 pm »

I'm surprised every time I end up doing that. And not just with video games, but with anything  :o It's crazy how we lose track of what we own when it's scattered or out of sight.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8423 on: October 15, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »
Shit, what does everyone use as text tones? I'd love some low-key videogame related ones. I used to have the MGS alert tone and codec noise but got tired of them.

desocietas

« Reply #8424 on: October 15, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
Shit, what does everyone use as text tones? I'd love some low-key videogame related ones. I used to have the MGS alert tone and codec noise but got tired of them.

My phone is often on silent these days, but I started using the "Dingle" whistle noise from Binding of Isaac.  If you get a lot of texts, though, I wouldn't recommend it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #8425 on: October 15, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »
My friend had a ringtone of the sound that plays when you find a secret door/thing in Zelda, OoT (Hopefully you know what I'm talking about).
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #8426 on: October 15, 2015, 10:19:38 pm »
Mine is the sound that plays when you make a selection in a menu in Mega Man Zero.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #8427 on: October 16, 2015, 12:24:16 am »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #8428 on: October 16, 2015, 08:14:05 am »
Like I said above, mine is the sound that plays when you cast a spell in Secret of Mana.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8429 on: October 16, 2015, 10:11:21 am »

i am here for you. i picked them to win too
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730