Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656234 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8790 on: December 04, 2015, 01:37:08 pm »
And let it be known: I think the concept of firearms is fascinating. There is so much history behind them. Heck, in RPGs I enjoy using characters that can use them (Lucca, Ludger Kresnick, Emelia,etc.). However, granting people access to them (some of which should only be provided to the military) is just ridiculous.

For what it's worth; 30 round magazines are illegal, and scary black guns have to be registered in California.  More control isn't the answer. Guns aren't the problem.  It's a mental health problem. 

What's the difference between an AR-15 and a semi-automatic .223 hunting rifle?  I bet the people passing those gun control laws don't know either.
30 rounders are illegal to now sell. But possession is not illegal. If you can prove you had them before 2000. The days of "rebuild kits" were fun times. Lol.
Long guns only recently became registered. Unless it's a true AW. Then yes. They are registered for years.

I'm a pro gun guy in California. I own evil black rifles. And there are a lot of gunnies here and lots of AR-15s here. While it's sad what happen. I'm with turf. Don't blame the guns. Blame the action of people.
Just my 2 cents.

My two cents.  I completely agree that guns are not the problem, it's the people who have no business having access to them let alone owning them.

That being said, there is a need for accountability.  Any joker can walk into a gun show and buy whatever firearm they want.  Don't believe it?  I've watched locals walk into the Civic Center on the weekend when they have a show and walk out with all manner of guns, handguns included.  No background check.  No ID.  No nothing.  Cash changed hands and so did a weapon.

Banning guns won't solve the issue as the people who are committing these crimes (typically) did not obtain them through legal means.  I don't have the answers, but we have to do something.

Heard a story that there sre a 1000 people on a watchlist in the USA, so that they can't board a plane. But they can buy guns without being checked  ???

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8791 on: December 04, 2015, 01:43:16 pm »
Weiland  had a bad heroin problem... RIP
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #8792 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »
Heard a story that there sre a 1000 people on a watchlist in the USA, so that they can't board a plane. But they can buy guns without being checked  ???

The new was reporting "over 900."  My question is, why the hell don't they do something with these people instead of watch them?  You know...before they blow up innocent people?

I'm not "up" on the current gun laws.  I know that you have to have a background check to buy a handgun, but I think semi automatic rifles don't require any check.  You can walk into Walmart and buy a rifle as long as you have the cash. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #8793 on: December 04, 2015, 02:30:49 pm »

The new was reporting "over 900."  My question is, why the hell don't they do something with these people instead of watch them?  You know...before they blow up innocent people?

I'm not "up" on the current gun laws.  I know that you have to have a background check to buy a handgun, but I think semi automatic rifles don't require any check.  You can walk into Walmart and buy a rifle as long as you have the cash.
You need to pass a background check to buy any firearm at a dealer, whether it's a handgun, rifle, or shotgun. In-state private sales are unregulated (provided that you are not transferring it to a known prohibited person) at the federal level, but some states have passed various restrictions.

gf78

« Reply #8794 on: December 04, 2015, 03:09:57 pm »
You need to pass a background check to buy any firearm at a dealer, whether it's a handgun, rifle, or shotgun. In-state private sales are unregulated (provided that you are not transferring it to a known prohibited person) at the federal level, but some states have passed various restrictions.

Therein lies the problem.  Anyone can buy a gun without a background check.  There are hundreds of millions of unregistered guns in the wild. 

But taking away the guns from law abiding citizens isn't the answer.  But when you have more mass shootings in 2015 than days in the year, we have a problem.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8795 on: December 04, 2015, 03:17:31 pm »

The thing was, people who couldnt board planes, could buy guns, cause they where not on a list that forbid them to buy guns  :o

tpugmire

« Reply #8796 on: December 04, 2015, 06:05:55 pm »
As I understand it, there is a loophole in a law that allows people on the FBI's watch lists to purchase guns. Also, this loophole was fought against being closed by the NRA. Big surprise there.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #8797 on: December 05, 2015, 01:42:55 am »
Alright. New topic.

Anyone see my hubby throw the Hail Mary touchdown last night? Yes he is amazing. ❤️

I dont know squat about football. Who is it?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8798 on: December 05, 2015, 04:48:16 am »
Alright. New topic.

Anyone see my hubby throw the Hail Mary touchdown last night? Yes he is amazing. ❤️

I dont know squat about football. Who is it?

Aaron Rodgers.

1049-2600-8730

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8799 on: December 05, 2015, 08:24:12 am »
It's 5 December which means its one of the biggest holidays in my country Sinterklaas! Are there any other fellow Dutch people who will celebrate Sinterklaas and if so perhaps you got some games from Sinterklaas!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #8800 on: December 05, 2015, 11:29:11 am »
As I understand it, there is a loophole in a law that allows people on the FBI's watch lists to purchase guns. Also, this loophole was fought against being closed by the NRA. Big surprise there.

Shocker. *sigh*

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8801 on: December 05, 2015, 12:46:11 pm »

The thing was, people who couldnt board planes, could buy guns, cause they where not on a list that forbid them to buy guns  :o

How exactly does that work when you can't buy a gun if you've committed a felony and have to pass a background check? That's the whole point of the waiting-period when you buy a gun. And even so, they're terrorists. Terrorists don't follow laws, they're still gonna get guns.

These terrorists had a crapload of illegal stuff in their garage that's been found. Obviously your gun laws protect jack squat, did they? Because California has the toughest gun laws.

I say quit worrying about criminals damn rights. Quit worrying about offending people. And have the police and military do their damn jobs and protect us. If your a mass-murderer or a  terrorist, you shouldn't have rights. Screw you. I could give a crap less when I have a family out there being threatened by how crazy this world has gotten. Vladimir Putin is putting us to shame. Terrorists attack his country, he goes out and kicks some ass. That's what we should be doing, quickly and without remorse.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:50:01 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8802 on: December 05, 2015, 01:32:09 pm »

Thank you for stopping the spread of misinformation. 
You have to have a background check if you buy a gun (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun.  I'm not sure about a muzzle loader) from a dealer.  You fill out some paperwork and they run it through the computer.  It takes 15 minutes.  I've done it several times. 

Private sales, on the other hand, require no background check. Gun shows don't have near as many private sales as you'd think.  It's not like a flea market for Right-Wing Nutjobs.  It's mostly dealers selling their wares. 

Hope that clears some stuff up.  We don't need bad information spread as facts.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8803 on: December 05, 2015, 03:04:37 pm »
It's 5 December which means its one of the biggest holidays in my country Sinterklaas! Are there any other fellow Dutch people who will celebrate Sinterklaas and if so perhaps you got some games from Sinterklaas!

Het is het hele jaar toch al Sinterklaas voor ons  ;D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8804 on: December 05, 2015, 03:22:05 pm »

Thank you for stopping the spread of misinformation. 
You have to have a background check if you buy a gun (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun.  I'm not sure about a muzzle loader) from a dealer.  You fill out some paperwork and they run it through the computer.  It takes 15 minutes.  I've done it several times. 

Private sales, on the other hand, require no background check. Gun shows don't have near as many private sales as you'd think.  It's not like a flea market for Right-Wing Nutjobs.  It's mostly dealers selling their wares. 

Hope that clears some stuff up.  We don't need bad information spread as facts.
California requires private transfers to go through a FFL(gun store). Wait 10 days, then you can pick it up.
C&R's(guns over 50 years old) are now like that too. Use to be, you can cash and carry if the seller had a C&R FFL.
Anything older then 1898 is consider antique firearm, and needs no gun store or FFL. You can buy and trade those at will. Which are mosty your black powders and muzzle loaders lol.

But buying a new gun in any state, you have to go through an FFL and submit to a federal background check. If you are a felon, have a DV charge, 51-50, etc. you arent getting a gun. ive seen lots of people on my gun forum get "holds" and you have to clear it up with the DOJ or ATF before getting your gun. (Unless you are the ATF and running the Operation Fast and Furious program, and not be bothered to track the guns you gave to straw purchasers )

1049-2600-8730