Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656540 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8820 on: December 07, 2015, 12:03:07 pm »
I know a lot of people who wont admit they own guns, but there is a bias in California towards gun owners. For example, when they go to the doctor with their kids, and the paper work ask do you own any guns, they will put no or wont answer it.

They actually ask you that shit?  At a doctor's office??  Crazy.

Yeah, it's part of the safety assessment that they ask you/ when your young. It goes in with wearing a bike helmet or a seatbelt.

I guess it's just assumed that everyone in Missouri owns a gun or ten.   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #8821 on: December 07, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed in Fat Princess Adventures  :-\ It's less fun than I thought it would be, but that may be because I am playing alone. The difficulty (even at "normal") seems a bit high for a solo player, and it doesn't seem to scale according to the number of players. I guess I'll just have to bribe my boyfriend into playing with me  ::) Or continue to die repeatedly. At least you don't lose anything when you die, you just get back to the last checkpoint.

desocietas

« Reply #8822 on: December 07, 2015, 03:19:45 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed in Fat Princess Adventures  :-\ It's less fun than I thought it would be, but that may be because I am playing alone. The difficulty (even at "normal") seems a bit high for a solo player, and it doesn't seem to scale according to the number of players. I guess I'll just have to bribe my boyfriend into playing with me  ::) Or continue to die repeatedly. At least you don't lose anything when you die, you just get back to the last checkpoint.

I've never played the game, but if you do find that you continue playing it, I got a code for a DLC pack for FPA (if you're interested)!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #8823 on: December 07, 2015, 03:21:51 pm »
Final Fantasy Type 0 isn't going to be my favorite in the series, but it's much more fun than I thought it would be. I'm thinking I might go for the platinum since there isn't much stuff to grind.

karyann

« Reply #8824 on: December 07, 2015, 04:59:07 pm »
I've never played the game, but if you do find that you continue playing it, I got a code for a DLC pack for FPA (if you're interested)!

I definitely intend on completing the game, it's not bad by any means. I was probably just over-hyped (and, as I mentioned, playing alone). I didn't even know there was already some DLC! If you don't intend on using it, I'd be glad to try it  :)

desocietas

« Reply #8825 on: December 07, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »

I definitely intend on completing the game, it's not bad by any means. I was probably just over-hyped (and, as I mentioned, playing alone). I didn't even know there was already some DLC! If you don't intend on using it, I'd be glad to try it  :)

DMed you! Was a special reward for going over to their booth yesterday at PSX, and I don't know anyone who plays the game... Enjoy!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #8826 on: December 08, 2015, 02:45:10 am »
Seems like TV show box sets are a dying art. I've notice a lot of shows that used to come in those neat looking box sets have been relegated to plain DVD case without any extra artwork or episode descriptions. Even those that have been released as a box set in the past are getting reprinted in plain DVD packaging. Makes me sad. Another tell tale sign of how physical media just isn't appreciated that much anymore. My guess is that streaming has slowly killed the deluxe DVD concept.

gf78

« Reply #8827 on: December 08, 2015, 09:00:12 am »
Seems like TV show box sets are a dying art. I've notice a lot of shows that used to come in those neat looking box sets have been relegated to plain DVD case without any extra artwork or episode descriptions. Even those that have been released as a box set in the past are getting reprinted in plain DVD packaging. Makes me sad. Another tell tale sign of how physical media just isn't appreciated that much anymore. My guess is that streaming has slowly killed the deluxe DVD concept.

Yeah...very few sets are released in nice packaging these days.  Game of Thrones is one of the last that I have seen that I felt they put any thought into.  Even the Star Wars Saga has been re-released in a jumbo Blu-Ray case instead of that nice box it originally came in.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #8828 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:22 am »
I'm on chapter seven of FF Type 0. I have a feeling I know what's going to happen regarding the truth behind Class Zero, but I'm still really enjoying nearly everything. Watching Queen wreck stuff just never gets old.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8829 on: December 08, 2015, 12:06:39 pm »

The last season of Walking Dead released:

Warmsignal

« Reply #8830 on: December 08, 2015, 01:21:42 pm »

^ Like I said, dying art. Too bad I'm not a WD fan. Though a lot of the shows I like now do the DVD case, at least stuff that's been out in a box set for a while. Surprisingly, all the Simpsons episodes are still box sets. But for example, older South Park seasons are being printed in plain DVD packaging now.

Another thing I need to rant about right now. Bad eBay experiences! Xmas is nearing, and I have a seller who will not send me my stuff that I bought. No reply, no explanation. Definitely getting bad feedback. So now I have to import a game from Japan, instead of Ohio, and hopefully get it soon enough to ship it back out and make it to someone across country before Xmas!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:23:18 pm by Warmsignal »

kashell

« Reply #8831 on: December 08, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »
Which game was it? And more importantly, he's not responding to any of your messages? What a toolbox. Give him hell.

gf78

« Reply #8832 on: December 08, 2015, 01:36:47 pm »
Another thing I need to rant about right now. Bad eBay experiences! Xmas is nearing, and I have a seller who will not send me my stuff that I bought. No reply, no explanation. Definitely getting bad feedback. So now I have to import a game from Japan, instead of Ohio, and hopefully get it soon enough to ship it back out and make it to someone across country before Xmas!

That sucks.  It's great that eBay has implemented a money back guarantee.  Otherwise that gold PS4 I just received would never have been purchased in the first place!  Unfortunately, you have to wait on getting your money back and go through the process.  You then also have to find another seller to get the item from.  Best of luck with getting a replacement and furthermore, getting it to it's destination before Christmas. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #8833 on: December 08, 2015, 01:52:05 pm »
Which game was it? And more importantly, he's not responding to any of your messages? What a toolbox. Give him hell.

Steamgear Mash for Sega Saturn. I was reading the shipping policy from a Japan seller. It says if I buy expedited I should get it with 5 days with something called EMS.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:53:40 pm by Warmsignal »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8834 on: December 08, 2015, 02:03:04 pm »

^ Like I said, dying art. Too bad I'm not a WD fan. Though a lot of the shows I like now do the DVD case, at least stuff that's been out in a box set for a while. Surprisingly, all the Simpsons episodes are still box sets. But for example, older South Park seasons are being printed in plain DVD packaging now.

I want to get the boxed sets just because of the cool cases. Past seasons had cool stuff like that too. One season has a zombie's head with a knife stuck in it.