Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657679 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9075 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:04 am »
Favorite and most: PlayStation 2

gf78

« Reply #9076 on: January 12, 2016, 10:06:45 am »
Favorite system:  PlayStation 2
Most games:  PlayStation 2 @ 256
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9077 on: January 12, 2016, 10:34:15 am »
I downloaded a VR tour of the solar system which also has some comparisons to other stars.  I have to say it was very impressive as I was whisked through space.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #9078 on: January 12, 2016, 10:49:21 am »
My favorite system is the PS2, and I currently have 102 games for it, not including doubles, sports games I bought to use as box donors, and stuff I bought to trade or sell on eBay.

On a slightly related note, I'm out of shelf space. I need to figure out whether I'm going to make more shelves for the bookshelf I currently use or buy another.

I downloaded a VR tour of the solar system which also has some comparisons to other stars.  I have to say it was very impressive as I was whisked through space.
That sounds like it might be fun on controlled substances, lol.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:54:03 am by scarface88fg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9079 on: January 12, 2016, 11:41:27 am »
My favorite system is the PS2, and I currently have 102 games for it, not including doubles, sports games I bought to use as box donors, and stuff I bought to trade or sell on eBay.

On a slightly related note, I'm out of shelf space. I need to figure out whether I'm going to make more shelves for the bookshelf I currently use or buy another.

Build this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTkD7Rq2jU

I built one and it works and I like it. Works great for CD cases. And if I can build it, anyone can!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #9080 on: January 12, 2016, 12:11:15 pm »

Build this one

I built one and it works and I like it. Works great for CD cases. And if I can build it, anyone can!
I did this exact video for my shelves.  Cost me about $15-20 a shelving unit.  I modified it slightly and used 3 foot wide board and made a wider one and I used a 1 foot deep board for the base as opposed to the 6 in boards for the shelves, it allows me to put my Xbox and Sega Genesis/CD/32X down there.

desocietas

« Reply #9081 on: January 12, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »
I'm not counting Steam/PC because that's just a ridiculous amount for me (238, which is also inaccurate because I'm not good with adding my games to my VGC collection).

DS - 108 games

Favorite system, very close between PS2 and DS, but I'm thinking PS2.

And with the backwards compatibility of the 3DS and my regular DS, that collection is much higher because of GB/GBA/DS/3DS/eShop, etc.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #9082 on: January 12, 2016, 06:11:37 pm »
360 is not my favorite, but I bought most of the multiplatform games on it and last gen was an especially long gen. I don't really have a favorite console.

karyann

« Reply #9083 on: January 12, 2016, 08:05:40 pm »
Most: Nintendo DS - 75

Favorite: Nintendo 3DS. Before I would have said the DS, but since the 3DS plays DS games it has an advantage. I just love the systems and the games so much! Though my Vita is definitely not far behind. That system deserves way more love  :-\

desocietas

« Reply #9084 on: January 12, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »
Though my Vita is definitely not far behind. That system deserves way more love  :-\

It really does.  If anything, I appreciate that there are still going to be games coming out for the Vita in 2016; I just wish more were exclusives!

The exclusives it does have are great :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9085 on: January 12, 2016, 09:09:51 pm »
Heads up it appears that Amazon Prime members now get 20% off Video game preorders.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9086 on: January 12, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »
Heads up it appears that Amazon Prime members now get 20% off Video game preorders.

That's a heck of a deal.  If I bought more games, I'd be in.

Is it crazy that I think I'm done with Pre-Orders that aren't Nintendo?  Everyone else lets me down.  After I dropped $70 on half of a game when I bought Battlefront, I think I'll just let the game come out first.

« Reply #9087 on: January 12, 2016, 10:41:50 pm »

Build this one

Thanks! My friend's dad was a carpenter, so putting something like that together shouldn't be a problem.

« Reply #9088 on: January 13, 2016, 09:02:36 am »

Build this one

Thanks! My friend's dad was a carpenter, so putting something like that together shouldn't be a problem.
I actually just had an argument with a guy about this the other day.  He said he IS a carpenter and argued with me that there is no way to do that for under $20, that the materials would cost $300 alone to make that shelf.  And about 30 people jumped on the bandwagon and started agreeing with him.  Maybe they are secretly Amazon affiliates trying to convince folks to buy $150 shelving units from amazon to get store credit.

The other side of this, If you purchase Gamers Club Unlocked at Best Buy ($30 for 2 years, significantly cheaper than Prime), you get 20% of all new games at Best Buy, pre-order or not.  You also get 10% off used titles (a la Gamestop PUR)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:04:52 am by ctracy87 »

kashell

« Reply #9089 on: January 13, 2016, 09:29:33 am »
Though my Vita is definitely not far behind. That system deserves way more love  :-\

It really does.  If anything, I appreciate that there are still going to be games coming out for the Vita in 2016; I just wish more were exclusives!

The exclusives it does have are great :)

Yep, the Vita needs more love. I adore that little darling.