Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657743 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9120 on: January 14, 2016, 09:10:02 am »
Ah, USPS...more proof that being lazy will get you ahead in this country. *sigh*

The only game I have pre-ordered now is Langrisser, and that's via Amazon. I used to pre-order anything and everything, but nowadays I only do that for the special titles that I know will get played 100%.

« Reply #9121 on: January 14, 2016, 09:14:42 am »
My wife went through that frequently at one point, we've changed a lot of stuff in our lives for the better.  Now I'm the one who gets all mopey and shit and want to get rid of my collection.

I'm not thinking of ditching my collection or anything like that.  I just feel like it's more pressure than pleasure.  I had this metric $hitton of games preordered and it felt like a monkey on my back, thinking how the hell I'm going to be able to play all of them when the only thing I've been playing is Black Ops III with my kids and I still have a dozen games still factory sealed?  So I did what I felt was right.  I went to GameStop last night, canned a half-dozen preorders and used the store credit to pay off games I still have preordered and picked up some Star Wars stuff as well.  They had the Kotobukiya Star Wars Snowtrooper 2-pack marked down and I picked that up.  It looks pretty badass sitting by my PS4.  I also dropped my Uncharted 4 down to the standard edition because really, what the hell am I going to do with another big ass collector's edition box taking up room I already don't have? 

And the games I cancelled?  I still want to play them.  But if I wait a few months I can pick them up for less than half-price new.  If I wait even longer, they will be even cheaper.  So it's a win-win situation for me.

On a side note, I had 22 issues of Game Informer that I bought on eBay, shipped on December 30th Priority Mail flat-rate....and they disappeared somewhere in California.  They finally showed up yesterday.  Two weeks for a package that should have taken two days?  Way to go USPS.  Way to go.   ::)
Yeah, I was doing that for a while.  I think the only games I have preordered right now are Mega Man Legacy Collection Limited Edition (3DS) and Life is Strange Limited Edition.  Considering canceling both.  Mega Man Legacy collection sounds like a cash grab from Capcom, they aren't even including 7-10.  I could've sworn I had read at one point it was 1-8 and pre-order bonus of 9 and 10, but I can't find it anywhere saying that.  The only reason I consider keeping it is the stupid gold mega man amiibo.  And Life is strange, it looks really good, and I have a thing about physical over digital, but paying $32 for physical when I can buy it digitally in a sale for $10.  I don't even know what the limited edition has over the standard edition.

kashell

« Reply #9122 on: January 14, 2016, 09:21:17 am »
That Mega Man Legacy Collection is ridiculous. Mega Man through Mega Man 10 could easily fit on one collection. It feels like that Darkstalkers drama all over again.

« Reply #9123 on: January 14, 2016, 10:11:40 am »
That Mega Man Legacy Collection is ridiculous. Mega Man through Mega Man 10 could easily fit on one collection. It feels like that Darkstalkers drama all over again.
Yeah, it's frustrating.

I wish, and I know Capcom would never do it, that Capcom would release an ultimate collection (Especially given how they killed the Mega Man Franchise in general) of every game in the Mega Man franchise on a blu-ray for PS4/XB1.  I'm talking original, handheld versions, PC Knock offs, spin offs, Legends, X (even Command Mission), Zero, ZX, Battle network, Network Transmission, Star Force, remakes, etc.  I'm not talking remastered content, I'm not talking remakes, and you know all of those game would fit on a single blu-ray disc.  X7, X8, and Command Mission were the only games released on DVD media, maybe Network Transmission.  Sonic Mega Collection + had the console and Game gear versions, so why not.

Bonus points for Capcom translating never released in english games.

gf78

« Reply #9124 on: January 14, 2016, 10:21:07 am »
Yeah, I was doing that for a while.  I think the only games I have preordered right now are Mega Man Legacy Collection Limited Edition (3DS) and Life is Strange Limited Edition.  Considering canceling both.  Mega Man Legacy collection sounds like a cash grab from Capcom, they aren't even including 7-10.  I could've sworn I had read at one point it was 1-8 and pre-order bonus of 9 and 10, but I can't find it anywhere saying that.  The only reason I consider keeping it is the stupid gold mega man amiibo.  And Life is strange, it looks really good, and I have a thing about physical over digital, but paying $32 for physical when I can buy it digitally in a sale for $10.  I don't even know what the limited edition has over the standard edition.

Life is Strange Limited Edition is one I cancelled.  I don't remember what all it comes with, but I think it's one of those digipak-style  cardboard cases with some paper shit.  Nothing of real importance.  The Mega Man Collection is a joke and Capcom should be ashamed of it.  The PS2 Mega Man Anniversary Collection included all Mega Man titles released through that point (1-8) as well as some obscure fighting games that didn't see much action outside of Japan.  And it was only about $20 new when it was released!

Like I said, I'm gonna wait and pick up Life is Strange a few months to 6-months from now for under twenty bucks new. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9125 on: January 14, 2016, 10:23:07 am »
I think everyone goes through ups and downs with their hobbies. I know that Dark Souls III will be one of the games that I'll wait to buy until it goes down in price.

Just do what feels right. I'm sure that all of those new titles won't be going anywhere.

Agreed.  It's even to the point where you can pick up the Collector's Editions (in some cases) years down the road after release, brand new.  Picked up Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 collector's editions brand-new/sealed for about $30 a pop off eBay just last month.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #9126 on: January 15, 2016, 09:15:10 am »
Nights of Azure is getting a CE. I told myself that I wouldn't be so adamant about getting new games with new CEs, but I think this game might be an exception. That poster is stunning and if the music is anything like other Gust titles, then it will have a permanent spot in my CD player.

Decisions, decisions...

davifus

« Reply #9127 on: January 15, 2016, 05:49:06 pm »
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-pokemon-20th-anniversary-edition/128198

I was excited then I saw it was basically a $200 front and back plate.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9128 on: January 15, 2016, 08:15:12 pm »

Yep, I thought the same thing when they announced it. Why bother getting it when you can get The Mega Man Anniversary Collection which has at up to 8 on it (and a couple unlockables)? Yeah, HD, I know. But it's older 2D graphics, does HD really make that of big difference here to warrant the small package?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9129 on: January 16, 2016, 12:55:50 am »
House sitting all weekend. Forgot my DS and GBA... Might have to go get it Sat AM....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #9130 on: January 16, 2016, 10:37:48 am »
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-pokemon-20th-anniversary-edition/128198

It has the system with both games installed with 2 plates for the same price as just a normal version of the system itself.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9131 on: January 16, 2016, 10:56:19 am »
So when Packers lose today, who is gonna come over and comfort me? Turf? Tpug? Dash?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #9132 on: January 16, 2016, 09:49:48 pm »
Pokkén Tournament has been announced to release on March 18, that's pretty close!  :D I'm excited to try it, though that makes 2 pretty pricey games in the same month  :'(

davifus

« Reply #9133 on: January 16, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »

It has the system with both games installed with 2 plates for the same price as just a normal version of the system itself.
I was expecting something like the X and Y 3ds. Not just front and backplates. Ehh digital, it'll make me buy the physical copy anyway. Maybe a steel book case would of been nice.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Warmsignal

« Reply #9134 on: January 18, 2016, 01:02:56 am »
So it's kind of occurred to me that stealth/action games are probably one of my favorite type of games to play. Some find the gameplay too slow, but I like sneaking around and being resourceful in combat. It can be pretty fun. I've never played one that I disliked, but I've not taken to the time to play all of that many either.