Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658428 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9240 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:07 pm »
I'm not a Star Wars fan so I doubt I would watch it, anyway. But, I adore Bea Arthur so I was hoping her little appearance would be enough to make her scene worth a watch.

gf78

« Reply #9241 on: January 25, 2016, 12:09:17 pm »
I'm not a Star Wars fan so I doubt I would watch it, anyway. But, I adore Bea Arthur so I was hoping her little appearance would be enough to make her scene worth a watch.

:o   ???   :(   :'(   :-\   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #9242 on: January 25, 2016, 12:19:00 pm »
But I'm a gf78 fan!

gf78

« Reply #9243 on: January 25, 2016, 12:37:19 pm »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

desocietas

« Reply #9244 on: January 25, 2016, 12:48:56 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #9245 on: January 25, 2016, 01:04:55 pm »
Not trying to knock Star Wars, but it's literally the only movie I've fallen asleep on in the theater (I think it was episode 1 or 2). I also fell asleep countless times at home trying to watch the classic ones. I don't know what it is, but they put me right out.  :P

gf78

« Reply #9246 on: January 25, 2016, 01:13:39 pm »
Not trying to knock Star Wars, but it's literally the only movie I've fallen asleep on in the theater (I think it was episode 1 or 2). I also fell asleep countless times at home trying to watch the classic ones. I don't know what it is, but they put me right out.  :P

Ah, I don't get bent out of shape if someone disses Star Wars.  Just like everything else, it's not for everybody. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9247 on: January 25, 2016, 01:33:50 pm »
Star Wars is just alright for me. And I'm a sci-fi fan. I think therein lies the problem, for me, though. Because Star Wars really isn't sci-fi, it's a magical fairy tale dressed in sci-fi clothes.

kashell

« Reply #9248 on: January 25, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
Mother f*cking sh*t f*ck...they hiked up my membership to the gym by 17 dollars. On the one hand, yeah, 17 dollar isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. However, it's not like I got a huge raise or something since last year.

Maybe I should sell some of my video game stuff to make my own home gym. ~_~()

desocietas

« Reply #9249 on: January 25, 2016, 04:46:09 pm »
Mother f*cking sh*t f*ck...they hiked up my membership to the gym by 17 dollars. On the one hand, yeah, 17 dollar isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. However, it's not like I got a huge raise or something since last year.

The best deal I ever got with a gym was at the local community college. You just paid the tuition fee and such for the semester, and the equipment they had was really high-tech.  Of course, this was also like 15 years ago, so it was probably something like $40 for the semester... Might be pretty different now.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #9250 on: January 25, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »

The best deal I ever got with a gym was at the local community college. You just paid the tuition fee and such for the semester, and the equipment they had was really high-tech.  Of course, this was also like 15 years ago, so it was probably something like $40 for the semester... Might be pretty different now.

That's a great deal. The best deal I got was at a recreation center. I paid a one time fee of 112 dollars and was a member there for a good year and a half. That was it; never had to pay anything else per month.

Oddly enough, I was in this situation last year. Only this time, I already belong to a gym that just wants to increase my rate for no reason. ~_~()

rayne315

« Reply #9251 on: January 25, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »

im not sure what kind of gym it is or what the gym scene is like where you live but I went to a gym that did the same thing. what I did was just spoke with the manager and explained to him that I didn't want to pay the extra cash for the membership since they weren't bringing anything new in to make it worth it (equipment/classes etc) and that I would cancel my membership and go to a different gym if their wasn't something she could do. I ended up paying a little less than half the rate raise.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #9252 on: January 25, 2016, 05:13:21 pm »

im not sure what kind of gym it is or what the gym scene is like where you live but I went to a gym that did the same thing. what I did was just spoke with the manager and explained to him that I didn't want to pay the extra cash for the membership since they weren't bringing anything new in to make it worth it (equipment/classes etc) and that I would cancel my membership and go to a different gym if their wasn't something she could do. I ended up paying a little less than half the rate raise.

I think I'm going to do that. I'm still not paying the full rate, but I did some research and there are other gyms around the city. The only problem is that they are slightly further from both where I work and where I live. Honestly, that's the main reason why I joined the one I belong to now: it was a three-minute drive from home.

desocietas

« Reply #9253 on: January 25, 2016, 08:56:57 pm »

I think I'm going to do that. I'm still not paying the full rate, but I did some research and there are other gyms around the city. The only problem is that they are slightly further from both where I work and where I live. Honestly, that's the main reason why I joined the one I belong to now: it was a three-minute drive from home.

Location is a big factor for gyms. Do you know if they can offer a discount to your place of work? I pay a little less than regular rates at my gym because they offered a discount to my work. They raised the rate at the beginning of the year, but now they're offering towel service. I'm so thankful for that because so many people would go and work out and refuse to acknowledge that maybe they sweat, too, on the machines, and should try to clean up after themselves.  A few bucks a month is ok with me if it means that things are cleaner and such.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9254 on: January 25, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »

Skip it and find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym.  Choking people is a huge stress relief.  The workout is better than anything you can do with weights.  You'll work muscles you didn't know you had.

Here's a good school http://gbgreenhills.com/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:42:42 pm by turf »