Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605516 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10185 on: March 23, 2016, 11:20:27 am »
I was actually quite pleasantly surprised when I didn't see folks throwing that rumor around here, I've seen it everywhere else.

Nintendo announced that they are not ceasing production of the Wii U.

Well... Apparently they're not quite refuting the reports. Just saying that they'll still be producing into the next fiscal year... which begins in April of this year.  So the report of them stopping production in 2016 could still be true. We'll see what happens...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #10186 on: March 23, 2016, 11:31:47 am »
Sheesh, this looks like the Vita's treatment. It feels like the Wii U was just released.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10187 on: March 23, 2016, 11:47:49 am »
Gotta get back in the groove of console support not lasting 10 years, anyhow. Look at the SNES, was relevant in NA from holiday 91 through 96. Wii U would be the same if it still holds some retail presence into next year, which it most likely will.

gf78

« Reply #10188 on: March 23, 2016, 12:23:41 pm »
I was actually quite pleasantly surprised when I didn't see folks throwing that rumor around here, I've seen it everywhere else.

Nintendo announced that they are not ceasing production of the Wii U.

Well... Apparently they're not quite refuting the reports. Just saying that they'll still be producing into the next fiscal year... which begins in April of this year.  So the report of them stopping production in 2016 could still be true. We'll see what happens...

Wii U has some pretty great games on it.  New Super Mario Wii U/Luigi U and Super Mario 3D World are among my favorite games these last few years.  And who couldn't absolutely love Mario Maker and several other true classics?  That being said, can we consider the Wii U to be anything other than an outright failure at this point?  Barely over 12 million systems sold in almost four and a half years.  Virtual Boy aside, this is Nintendo's worst selling system ever. 

I really hope that the NX is something special that isn't based around waggle-wands or touchscreens.  Nintendo makes timeless games, they just need to make them on relevant hardware on par with competing systems that 3rd party developers also choose to make games on.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10189 on: March 23, 2016, 12:48:59 pm »
Sheesh, this looks like the Vita's treatment. It feels like the Wii U was just released.

The vita breaks my heart. I want it, but cant justify buying it, when I dont see a single game on it I really wanna play.....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #10190 on: March 23, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »

The vita breaks my heart. I want it, but cant justify buying it, when I dont see a single game on it I really wanna play.....

There are some excellent titles on the system - more than I've been able to say about the Wii U (my opinion, of course)... The problem for me sometimes is that they'll release something for both the Vita *and* the PS3/4, and I always end up choosing to play the game on the television for the sake of processing power and streaming.  The few Vita-exclusives they have, I'll play on the PSTV (if compatible), but now some of those exclusives are being ported to PC... so much for the exclusivity there  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #10191 on: March 23, 2016, 01:31:43 pm »
DANG IT! I went too long not logging my games. now I have to go back through them all... again.............. I just did this 3-4 months ago.

Im in time out till its fixed
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:35:13 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #10192 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:10 pm »
There are some excellent titles on the system - more than I've been able to say about the Wii U (my opinion, of course)... The problem for me sometimes is that they'll release something for both the Vita *and* the PS3/4, and I always end up choosing to play the game on the television for the sake of processing power and streaming.  The few Vita-exclusives they have, I'll play on the PSTV (if compatible), but now some of those exclusives are being ported to PC... so much for the exclusivity there  ::)

I agree, the Vita has quite a few great games on it.  Unfortunately as you pointed out, I too usually ended up buying the game on the PS3/4 if it was available there as I prefer gaming on my television.  It all started very promising where Sony would allow you to download a digital copy for the Vita if you bought the PS3 game.  I had digital copies of Sly Cooper, PlayStation All-Stars and a few others.  That was really cool.  Unfortunately, they stopped that within the first year or so and then new releases slowed to a trickle with Sony abandoning 1st party support completely. 

At that point after playing all the games I had for it and cared about, the only thing I used it for was remote play and that was pretty rare.  It basically became an expensive gadget sitting in my nightstand drawer.  So while I had a pang of sadness selling it, it was the right thing to do while it still had value as opposed to holding on to it and it becoming worthless. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

sworddude

« Reply #10193 on: March 23, 2016, 03:34:25 pm »

Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10194 on: March 23, 2016, 04:53:36 pm »

Will you explain the joke here?  This is the second time you've put this picture up and quoted Kashell.

telly

« Reply #10195 on: March 23, 2016, 06:46:22 pm »

Will you explain the joke here?  This is the second time you've put this picture up and quoted Kashell.

My guess?

Just to be a troll  :o
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

rayne315

« Reply #10196 on: March 23, 2016, 06:47:30 pm »

My guess?

Just to be a troll  :o

I thought it was a meme thing.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10197 on: March 23, 2016, 08:08:06 pm »
^ It is, but without any text it makes little sense. It's the meme that always starts with "Did you know..."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10198 on: March 23, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »
^ It is, but without any text it makes little sense. It's the meme that always starts with "Did you know..."

Or, "What if I told you..."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10199 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »

Or, "What if I told you..."

Or it might be that, lol.