Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1551535 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10635 on: April 21, 2016, 07:37:38 pm »
@ Telly

I see, in your sig, that you're playing DQ VIII.

How are you liking it?

I loved it!

It's definitely up there - although, not quite as high up there as Shadow Hearts: Covenant (my very favorite PS2 game) - at the very top of my list of PS2 games that I'd love to see get PS4 ports with some HD + trophies treatments.  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #10636 on: April 21, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »
My bad.

Invisible Inc's not an Atlus game - it's by Klei.

Yup, it's a Klei game, though they do a great job with their games as well.  I haven't played it myself - I'm terrible at stealth games - but I've heard it's fun :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #10637 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:20 pm »
@ Telly

I see, in your sig, that you're playing DQ VIII.

How are you liking it?

I loved it!

It's definitely up there - although, not quite as high up there as Shadow Hearts: Covenant (my very favorite PS2 game) - at the very top of my list of PS2 games that I'd love to see get PS4 ports with some HD + trophies treatments.  ;D

I love it! It's such a great game. I just got to Pickham last night, and I really enjoy the story, combat, music and overall atmosphere. It's just got a really nice charm and polish to it. :)

Were you thinking about the 3DS port when it eventually comes over here? Might not be ideal on a handheld, and certainly not an HD remake, but it does have that extra content that might be interesting.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:49:04 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #10638 on: April 21, 2016, 08:32:19 pm »
I'm finally done the last of my exams for my degree! No more of those stupid things for me! ;D ;D ;D
Yay! Nice job man :) I finished this past week, graduation is next Sunday  :D
Though it's back to graduate school in September for me so more exams in my future  :o

For some reason my graduation ceremony is in more than a month from now. :P They seem late this year at my uni. :-\

There's exams in graduate school? Not gonna lie, I really don't know how graduate school works. :-[ I though you just did research for you thesis, defended your thesis and that was it. I'm going to have to look into that stuff soon since I'll need more education of some kind to get a decent job in my field with the way the economy is now here.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tpugmire

« Reply #10639 on: April 21, 2016, 08:41:01 pm »
What about the CD-i library?  Oh wait... 
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

telly

« Reply #10640 on: April 21, 2016, 10:03:04 pm »
I'm finally done the last of my exams for my degree! No more of those stupid things for me! ;D ;D ;D
Though it's back to graduate school in September for me so more exams in my future  :o

For some reason my graduation ceremony is in more than a month from now. :P They seem late this year at my uni. :-\

There's exams in graduate school? Not gonna lie, I really don't know how graduate school works. :-[ I though you just did research for you thesis, defended your thesis and that was it. I'm going to have to look into that stuff soon since I'll need more education of some kind to get a decent job in my field with the way the economy is now here.

I got super lucky with exams and had them all done wicked early, so that's why the actual ceremony is so far away. It's fine with me: I'm taking the extra time to study for my nursing board exams, which will be in June.

And mhm! I have exams just like in undergrad. It might be different depending on the program, but for a PhD I also have special written and oral examinations that come before becoming a candidate and beginning my dissertation. Those come in my second year in the program.  :o
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10641 on: April 21, 2016, 10:08:21 pm »
My bad.

Invisible Inc's not an Atlus game - it's by Klei.

Yup, it's a Klei game, though they do a great job with their games as well.  I haven't played it myself - I'm terrible at stealth games - but I've heard it's fun :)

Ya' know, D-Sis, I'm not all that at stealth games myself -and- tbqh, they're not even really one of my favorite genres, but - it's the turn-based aspect and the (S)RPG elements plus, of course, the graphical style and tone of the game that sold me on it.  I'll be sure to let you know more about it as I get into it  ;D

I don't think that I've played/am familiar with anything else by Klei.  What else have you played and liked by them?

@ TELLY

Honestly, I wasn't even aware of a 3DS DQ VIII remake.

Then again, I've pretty much given up on trying to play handheld games 1-handed, because:

a).  It's just too damned uncomfortable and inconvenient, and

b).  I've got more than enough PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and VitaTv games to last me...indefinitely.

That said, I've got a pristine 3DS-XL and a PSP 3000 (each with < 5 hours of use on them) and a GameBoy that I'd be pretty highly motivated to sell and/or trade for more 1-handed-friendly/console type games; if anyone's interested. 

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10642 on: April 21, 2016, 10:31:09 pm »
I keep all my systems on a wire rack, and lookign to buy a 2nd one cause i ran out of room... Holy crap they arent cheap and they vary in price by a ton! Some basic ones costing a few $100s!

also looking at buying a couple  rack mount power supplys
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #10643 on: April 21, 2016, 10:35:07 pm »

I got super lucky with exams and had them all done wicked early, so that's why the actual ceremony is so far away. It's fine with me: I'm taking the extra time to study for my nursing board exams, which will be in June.

And mhm! I have exams just like in undergrad. It might be different depending on the program, but for a PhD I also have special written and oral examinations that come before becoming a candidate and beginning my dissertation. Those come in my second year in the program.  :o

Yikes, I thought I was done with exams after my undergrad. I guess that shows how well I have things planned out. :P Oh well, I'm happy enough where I am now and whatever happens, happens. :)

And of course, congrats to you too! :D School can be a real pain, but it's fulfilling in a strange way (at least for me).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #10644 on: April 21, 2016, 11:06:29 pm »
Just got home from a 1550 mile drive.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10645 on: April 21, 2016, 11:13:44 pm »

Where the hell did you go?  Mexico?  Wait.  Don't answer that.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10646 on: April 21, 2016, 11:53:10 pm »
Anyone ever eaten at a place called The CookOut? One of them just opened up near me. It's fast food, but pretty good. The stuff actually has a cook out taste, and the sides they offer are basically what entrees would be anywhere else. Plus they also have a ton of milkshake flavors.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10647 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:36 am »

Where the hell did you go?  Mexico?  Wait.  Don't answer that.

Do tell!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #10648 on: April 22, 2016, 08:18:07 am »
Plus they also have a ton of milkshake flavors.

Do they bring all the boys to the yard?

*sigh* I miss milkshakes.

gf78

« Reply #10649 on: April 22, 2016, 09:55:19 am »
Plus they also have a ton of milkshake flavors.

Do they bring all the boys to the yard?

*sigh* I miss milkshakes.

Wait...do you miss yard milkshakes or real milkshakes?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us