Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1538660 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10860 on: May 04, 2016, 10:52:05 am »
2 things.

1. I broke down and bought more games from non-garage sale sources. a whole crap ton of loose coleco titles (39), in really really good shape, all for $30 so less than a buck a piece and I managed to find a Fire emblem Fates CE Complete in mint condition for only $100 that I jumped on. Please shame me as I am trying to severely reduce my spending to save for more important things like paying off my car (last remaining debt) and buying a house.

2. their is a MASSIVE community garage sale my GF's aunt organized consisting of 35-50 household on a mile stretch of road in her town on the weekend. wish me luck!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10861 on: May 04, 2016, 10:52:40 am »
What's everyone doing for Mom's day?

Wishing her Happy Mother days, and maybe a hug lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #10862 on: May 04, 2016, 10:53:56 am »
There's a trophy in Nights of Azure that requires you to finish 300 quests. Quests are easy to finish, but 300 of them for a silver is nuts. I should earned a gold for getting that trophy last night, dammit!

Hashtag, first world trophy problems.

Haha, I get annoyed SO often at hard challenges that give only a silver or even a damn bronze trophy.

For example, this one from Sword Art Online: Lost Song.
Skill Maniac : Learn every possible Sword Skill, Magic Skill, and Special Skill for a single character.

For anyone who hasn't played the game, to learn every skill you have to level up all your weapons proficiency. A character has 3 weapon types and max level of proficiency is 1000. It's incredibly grindy... I played with Kirito the whole game and after probably 10 hours of normal play and 5 hours of pure grinding, I have one at level 1000, one at level 400 and one at level 100. And I can't grind for more than an hour at a time, because button mashing makes my thumb sore.

AND IT'S A SILVER.

/rant

kashell

« Reply #10863 on: May 04, 2016, 11:49:35 am »
There's a trophy in Nights of Azure that requires you to finish 300 quests. Quests are easy to finish, but 300 of them for a silver is nuts. I should earned a gold for getting that trophy last night, dammit!

Haha, I get annoyed SO often at hard challenges that give only a silver or even a damn bronze trophy.

Skill Maniac : Learn every possible Sword Skill, Magic Skill, and Special Skill for a single character.

For anyone who hasn't played the game, to learn every skill you have to level up all your weapons proficiency. A character has 3 weapon types and max level of proficiency is 1000. It's incredibly grindy... I played with Kirito the whole game and after probably 10 hours of normal play and 5 hours of pure grinding, I have one at level 1000, one at level 400 and one at level 100. And I can't grind for more than an hour at a time, because button mashing makes my thumb sore.

AND IT'S A SILVER.

/rant

Dang. That's brutal. I heard that the game was really grindy, but that's insane.

I'm glad someone understands the struggle for trophy hunting and not being amply rewarded.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10864 on: May 04, 2016, 12:32:12 pm »

AND IT'S A SILVER.

/rant

Dang. That's brutal. I heard that the game was really grindy, but that's insane.

I'm glad someone understands the struggle for trophy hunting and not being amply rewarded.

dis guy does!

So, Shining Force and Phantasy Star series.

Anyone play 'em?

How are they?

Which one's better?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #10865 on: May 04, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

Anyone play 'em?

How are they?

Which one's better?

The old Shining Force and Phantasy Star games are very different from what they've become now.

Shining Force back in the days of the Sega Genesis was awesome, and very similar to Fire Emblem. Now... it's not so great in my opinion. Nothing like what it used to be.

Phantasy Star has changed a lot from a pretty standard (but enjoyable) JRPG back then, to a pretty huge action-RPG MMO-ish type thing now. They're all pretty enjoyable.

Which one do I like better?
Then: Shining Force
Now: Phantasy Star
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10866 on: May 04, 2016, 12:43:27 pm »

Anyone play 'em?

How are they?

Which one's better?

The old Shining Force and Phantasy Star games are very different from what they've become now.

Shining Force back in the days of the Sega Genesis was awesome, and very similar to Fire Emblem. Now... it's not so great in my opinion. Nothing like what it used to be.

Phantasy Star has changed a lot from a pretty standard (but enjoyable) JRPG back then, to a pretty huge action-RPG MMO-ish type thing now. They're all pretty enjoyable.

So, on the PS3 Sega Genesis Collection - you'd go with Shining Force?

karyann

« Reply #10867 on: May 04, 2016, 12:50:19 pm »

I just noticed your personal text under your avatar, and I approve of it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10868 on: May 04, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »

Howzabout a translation on that?

maximo310

« Reply #10869 on: May 04, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »

It's " Level up!"

Flashback2012

« Reply #10870 on: May 04, 2016, 01:06:33 pm »
dis guy does!

Anyone play 'em?

How are they?

Which one's better?

I'm a devout fan of both the Phantasy Star and Shining Force series. Both series are great (I'm talking the Genesis releases + the SMS Phantasy Star) and there is no "better" series between the two as IMO they stand on equal footing as the pinnacle of their genres on the Genesis.

If you're looking to invest yourself in the series then I would suggest seeking out the somewhat more cost efficient GBA releases of Phantasy Star Collection and Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:09:38 pm by Flashback2012 »

abe

« Reply #10871 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:47 pm »

Anyone play 'em?

How are they?

Which one's better?

So, on the PS3 Sega Genesis Collection - you'd go with Shining Force?

Yes. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10872 on: May 04, 2016, 01:39:58 pm »
So I was at the eye doctor yesterday, getting a check-up. In the conversation with the Dr., it came up that I collect video games. Damn am I glad it did come up! Today after work, I'm swinging back by the office to get a box full of gaming stuff that she had in her garage from when her kids were still living with her! Score!

I'll take pics and share what I got tonight or tomorrow.  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #10873 on: May 04, 2016, 02:26:25 pm »
So I was at the eye doctor yesterday, getting a check-up. In the conversation with the Dr., it came up that I collect video games. Damn am I glad it did come up! Today after work, I'm swinging back by the office to get a box full of gaming stuff that she had in her garage from when her kids were still living with her! Score!

I'll take pics and share what I got tonight or tomorrow.  ;D

Luckyyyy!

In regard to Phantasy Star, I was really surprised to play the first game in the series on the the GBA and found that it was an old school dungeon crawler!  I suppose that makes a lot of sense in the end since the only other PS games I've played were the Online games.  I didn't get very far into it - I'll have to pop that collection into my GBA again soon.

Also reminds me that the 4th game isn't on the GBA version... I may have to pick up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection in the future.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #10874 on: May 04, 2016, 02:44:04 pm »

It's " Level up!"

That's right.

While the most common word for level in Japanese is (funnily enough) is レベル, I was taught to write "up" like this: 上

But for the sake of being an RPG fan, I went with アップ.

This concludes our lesson for the day. I'd like to thank Lady K for pointing it out, dark for being inquisitive, and maximo for the assistance. Tomorrow, we'll discuss how to conjugate adjectives!