Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670273 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12255 on: October 31, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
If anyone dresses up as a gaming character, you better post pics.

I had a very casual cosplay going of Nate from Yo-kai watch. I have the red shirt with the white star on it, put on some blue Converse, carried around a plush Jibanyan, and wore the Yo-kai watch they sell at toy shops. Pretty easy - didn't bother with doing up my hair or anything. No picture though it'd be pretty easy to get the costume all together again.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12256 on: November 01, 2016, 11:04:06 am »
Ugh, so currently playing FFVII for the first time ever and the graphics have not held up. Not that they don't look good or I find them unappealing but god DANG it is hard to figure out where I need to go sometimes with these backgrounds. I even have the icons on to show me what are actually doors and everything but sometimes this 'platforming' is just mind blowing and how am I supposed to figure some of this stuff out.

I'm trying really hard to go 100% with no walkthrough but its been tough at some points...

rayne315

« Reply #12257 on: November 01, 2016, 11:05:15 am »
Okay so my PS4 is freaking me out a bit. Last week I went to play a game and neither of my controllers would sync to the console (they were before but for some reason they wouldn't connect) after a bit the console decided to update itself and they started working I started playing Toukiden: Kiwami after maybe 20 minutes I hear the console Beep and it ejects the Disc (I was more the 10 feet away and no pets in the room) it wouldn't let me re-insert the disc so I turned it off and everything seemed fine after that. played it again for a couple of days same game, No Problem. and then today about 20 minutes into the same game the system beeps and it ejects the disc not allowing to to re-insert the disc back in. WTF is going on???

is your house abnormally dry and staticy? it could be static shock affecting the touch pad to release the game but im not sure why it wont let you insert it. is there anything wrong with the game itself?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12258 on: November 01, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »
This not buying games to fund-raise is hard to do. I just let a $100 PS3 with 34 games go. It was hard not to buy it. It's $200 worth of stuff east. There was only 1 sports game.

#GameCollectingProblems

kashell

« Reply #12259 on: November 02, 2016, 10:11:04 am »
*SLAMS DOOR OPEN*

Howdy, y'all! Did you miss me?!

*crickets*

Right then.

I'm back from a lovely vacation in San Francisco. I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do, but I'm glad to be back. It's a unique but tiring city. Some of the many highlights include:

* The pub crawl. It was a blast. This was the 8th Annual 13 Bars of Boooozing and I was so glad to have survived it. All of the bars were fun and allowed us to get into the nitty-gritty of SF's various districts. My favorite bar was Brewcade, a bar with a massive screen that let me dominate in Smash Bros. Wii U. The Mint Karaoke Lounge was also fantastic because I got to sing Hilary Duff's "award winning" song So Yesterday.

* Japan Town was lovely. If I were to live in SF, I would try to live there.

* The food was to die for! Much to my surprise, it wasn't pricy.

* I got to hang with the lovely Deso "Lady D"! We went to a local restaurant and talked games and life. I love seeing folks IRL from here, so the chance to hang with her and her plus one was awesome in so many ways.

* Shopping...I spent way too much money on clothes and stuff.

It was a fantastic way to introduce me to the state of California and the city of SF. But, like I said, I'm glad to be back.

Ugh, so currently playing FFVII for the first time ever and the graphics have not held up. Not that they don't look good or I find them unappealing but god DANG it is hard to figure out where I need to go sometimes with these backgrounds. I even have the icons on to show me what are actually doors and everything but sometimes this 'platforming' is just mind blowing and how am I supposed to figure some of this stuff out.

I'm trying really hard to go 100% with no walkthrough but its been tough at some points...

That's something I never liked about FFVII, even when it was all of the rage. I enjoy the battles, the characters, the story, the music, and the setting but navigating through some of the game's dungeons and towns is messy and annoying.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12260 on: November 02, 2016, 11:03:11 am »
-Snip-

Glad to see ya back Kash-Daddy!

But yeah, like very early on in the game I got stuck, how the hell was I supposed to know I needed to click a button to move a train when there is no way to distinguish it at all and no way to tell that is what needed to move to progress. I mean full 3D backgrounds might have looked more like trash but at least they would be understandable. Really hoping the whole game isn't like this because its really my only gripe (aside from the long time to recognize a memory card. Why could Suikoden 1 & 2 recognize the card in like .1 seconds but sometimes FF7 takes 5 seconds PLUS to even realize I have one inserted)/rant

tpugmire

« Reply #12261 on: November 02, 2016, 01:10:06 pm »
Welcome back kashell, glad you had a good time. SF is one of my favorite places in California too. I didn't realize desociatas lived there until I saw your pictures on Facebook. I'll have to look her up next time I'm in town.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12262 on: November 02, 2016, 01:39:27 pm »
Kash didnt come visit me while he was in california.  :-[
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12263 on: November 02, 2016, 03:05:50 pm »

You don't live in San Francisco.  :o

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12264 on: November 02, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »

You don't live in San Francisco.  :o
It's only a 400 mile drive. Lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12265 on: November 02, 2016, 04:07:45 pm »

Been there  8), and other places 13 years ago  ???

kashell

« Reply #12266 on: November 03, 2016, 08:39:05 am »

Been there  8), and other places 13 years ago  ???

I'm wondering how much it's changed since then.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12267 on: November 03, 2016, 02:52:20 pm »
OMG. I just looked at replacing my TurboGrafx-16 console, and the prices are INSANE!!!

People are selling broken TG-16s for the price that I bought my working TG-16, with hook-ups, controller, and a game...and that was only 2010!

Retro gaming is getting out of control. This used to be fun.

« Reply #12268 on: November 03, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »
OMG. I just looked at replacing my TurboGrafx-16 console, and the prices are INSANE!!!

People are selling broken TG-16s for the price that I bought my working TG-16, with hook-ups, controller, and a game...and that was only 2010!

Retro gaming is getting out of control. This used to be fun.
Yeah, I sold a broken TG-16 within the last year for $80.  No cords or anything.

telly

« Reply #12269 on: November 03, 2016, 03:32:30 pm »
Are TG-16s easy to fix and that's why a broken console still costs a lot?
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery