Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672563 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12945 on: April 10, 2017, 11:00:25 pm »
Oh wow, how times change. A few years ago I got into trouble on eBay for selling original game cases as it was supposedly against their policy and I debated the whole issue with customer support over the removal of my listings, they told me I was simply in the wrong. Now there's an official section on just that under product categories.  ::)

Whoa, that's crazy. I hate to think of how many original cases were tossed because people couldn't sell them.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #12946 on: April 11, 2017, 03:58:13 am »
* wrong topic ooopps
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:00:09 pm by maximo310 »

zephyria

« Reply #12947 on: April 11, 2017, 05:01:42 am »
Are there any shelves that any of you would recommend for displaying the game collection?

At the moment I'm just using a big Ikea bookshelf and a bunch of those cheap 4x4 cube shelves from Wal-Mart.  This works for a small to mid-sized collection, but it's definitely going to outgrow itself soon.  Can't really recommend it.  ;D

I'm looking at maybe getting some of those old cartridge storage organizers for my NES and SNES games, then just stacking them on the shelf to make better use of the space.  Also, I could take games out without messing up the whole row or stack.  Gotta find a buyer, though.

kashell

« Reply #12948 on: April 11, 2017, 08:27:57 am »
I swear, some of the complaints that come from fellow gamers make my head hurt. I went to one of my regular boards and there are these two morons on there complaining about Tales of Berseria. One of the complaints has to do with its combat. All of the complaints lead to one conclusion: he's not good at the game. Therefore, the game must be bad. Ugh. The other complaint was that the weapon, armor, etc. names aren't cool enough.

I mean, what? That made me face-palm.

I feel the need to say it again: this website and all of the folks on here are wonderful. It's always a joy to come here and interact with y'all. Never change.

zephyria

« Reply #12949 on: April 11, 2017, 08:34:55 am »
I swear, some of the complaints that come from fellow gamers make my head hurt. I went to one of my regular boards and there are these two morons on there complaining about Tales of Berseria. One of the complaints has to do with its combat. All of the complaints lead to one conclusion: he's not good at the game. Therefore, the game must be bad. Ugh. The other complaint was that the weapon, armor, etc. names aren't cool enough.

I mean, what? That made me face-palm.

I feel the need to say it again: this website and all of the folks on here are wonderful. It's always a joy to come here and interact with y'all. Never change.

Haha.  I haven't played that game, but could it be that the Tales style just isn't his cup of tea?  I found myself annoyed playing co-op in Tales of Vesperia; it seemed like the game was constantly throwing in new combat systems to learn before I really had a firm handle on the others.  Compared with a Star Ocean game it just didn't feel intuitive to me.

It might have been the more interrupted nature of playing co-op, though, I dunno, or not being used to the XBox 360 controller, but that was the main reason I played the game in the first place.  It's the only Tales game I have really, played, though.

Does Berseria do that better, at least? 

kashell

« Reply #12950 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:24 am »
Tales of Berseria's combat takes some getting used to. Even after the tutorials, there is still a bit of a learning period. It only took me about a half-hour of fumbling around to have it click. I think it's going to be hard to go back to other battle systems; Berseria's combat was amazing.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/167071-tales-of-berseria/reviews/163863

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12951 on: April 11, 2017, 10:11:25 am »
Honestly I felt Berseria's combat ended up being more of a pain more often than not. That's mainly due to how often I was getting stun locked and I would go from being able to chain long combos to only being able to perform one attack cause I would get stunned only to get stunned again just after I broke it. Personally I want the combat to go back to Xillia's style.

kashell

« Reply #12952 on: April 11, 2017, 11:30:42 am »
Eh, to each their own. I felt Xillia's combat was too basic. Bosses required no strategy because of their ability to break a combo, and the linking feature felt like an afterthought when you realize how broken Jude and Milla were.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12953 on: April 11, 2017, 06:14:08 pm »

rayne315

« Reply #12954 on: April 12, 2017, 06:58:54 pm »
This is getting so fucking annoying!!!! I keep fucking dislocating one of my ribs and it fucking hurts!!! .... FUCK! Another GD trip to the chiropractor to have them re-locate it.. third time this year...

Feels like I was man handled from united...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12955 on: April 12, 2017, 07:41:26 pm »
This is getting so fucking annoying!!!! I keep fucking dislocating one of my ribs and it fucking hurts!!! .... FUCK! Another GD trip to the chiropractor to have them re-locate it.. third time this year...

Feels like I was man handled from united...

:( that sucks! so sorry to hear it :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12956 on: April 13, 2017, 02:50:31 pm »
So Nintendo announced the official discontinuation of the NES Classic, seems kind of crazy since it still flies off shelves.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12957 on: April 13, 2017, 02:53:09 pm »
So Nintendo announced the official discontinuation of the NES Classic, seems kind of crazy since it still flies off shelves.

Look out for a new model of it

« Reply #12958 on: April 13, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »

Look out for a new model of it
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to pump out more come the holidays to get that holiday crowd again, but I expect them to jump to the SNES or do the NES classic with different games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12959 on: April 13, 2017, 03:43:56 pm »
I just bought Final Fantasy V Advance on eBay.

There are so many reproductions of this game that I have no idea if mine is going to be legit or not. I swear there were more repros than real ones when I was looking. It looks real, and the seller is claiming it's legit. But who knows.

Why the hell is GBA so out of control with bootlegs? That system in particular is bad with them.