Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672582 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12960 on: April 14, 2017, 12:54:40 pm »
Kinda pissed.  I bought Job Simulator for PSVR digitally because the devs said they weren't going to release it physically.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/job-simulator/147361

desocietas

« Reply #12961 on: April 14, 2017, 01:03:50 pm »
Kinda pissed.  I bought Job Simulator for PSVR digitally because the devs said they weren't going to release it physically.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/job-simulator/147361

:( that sucks... I end up holding out on digital games for a long time with the hope that physical will eventually happen. Example: Ray Gigant this morning.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12962 on: April 14, 2017, 05:40:40 pm »
That Pocky and Rocky 2 came in the mail and appears to be legit.

Label seems off to me, but the board is legit.

desocietas

« Reply #12963 on: April 14, 2017, 06:45:08 pm »
That Pocky and Rocky 2 came in the mail and appears to be legit.

Label seems off to me, but the board is legit.

Congrats!

Saw this on my Twitter feed:
http://kotaku.com/storage-wars-buyer-finds-45-000-worth-of-classic-games-1794333506

Of course, the CIB collector part of me is like "Eh, it's all cart only." If anything, that would make it easier for me to go around and sell as I wouldn't want to keep most of it around without boxes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:10:42 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12964 on: April 18, 2017, 09:49:33 am »
I just don't buy games anymore.  I really wish I did, but I've had the same games in my last 5 for way too long. 

kashell

« Reply #12965 on: April 18, 2017, 09:51:26 am »
Games also make great gifts. Have someone buy you a little somethin'!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12966 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:45 am »
I just don't buy games anymore.  I really wish I did, but I've had the same games in my last 5 for way too long.

But you just added Iron Man for Wii!

...well, I can see why that wouldn't excite you, lol.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12967 on: April 18, 2017, 10:35:58 am »
I completed every single mission, on every single game, on Normal Difficulty on Halo: The Master Chief Collection for XBox One.

But the "Veteran" Achievement won't unlock, which is what you're supposed to get for beating all 4 games. Nor will the achievement for beating Halo 4. Yet it's there, on my profile, I can look though every mission of every game and they are all marked as been beaten on Normal on a Solo-Campaign...WTF Microsoft?! That was a lot of time and effort to beat 4 games.

And yes, I restarted my console, and ejected and reinserted the game before restarting it. Nothing.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12968 on: April 18, 2017, 11:30:34 am »

But you just added Iron Man for Wii!

...well, I can see why that wouldn't excite you, lol.

It was $2 at a yard sale and I didn't have it.  It's already filed away.  I doubt I ever play it. 
I just need something to ignite that spark for collecting again.

« Reply #12969 on: April 18, 2017, 12:43:03 pm »
I'm thinking about getting Recore since it's so cheap right now, anybody have any opinions on the game?

I'm hearing the game plays well, but that it's kind of grind heavy and the missions are mostly fetch quests.

Mostly trying to think about what to play next now that I'm done with Yooka Laylee and Gears.

azure

« Reply #12970 on: April 18, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »
I'm thinking about getting Recore since it's so cheap right now, anybody have any opinions on the game?

I'm hearing the game plays well, but that it's kind of grind heavy and the missions are mostly fetch quests.

Mostly trying to think about what to play next now that I'm done with Yooka Laylee and Gears.
My friend said it was a pretty fun game, gave the same complaints that you and others are giving though. For the price it is currently I would give it a shot if I was an Xbone owner.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12971 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:10 am »
It's that time of year again for me.  It's the Save Your Change Folks version: blah

We did this for a while.  I kept doing it even though interest was lost.  Tomorrow is the traditional day of April 20th (4/20 for a few of y'all).  It's the day that I cash in all my change and buy something I wouldn't.  I'm looking at a few PAL exclusive NES games or maybe a few NES games that I need doubles for to stuff empty boxes.     (I have all my carts on the shelf.  Some of my boxes are empty.  In this case I actually need doubles.  ;) )

I'll start a new thread after tomorrow if anyone is interested in going for the October 20th date.

« Reply #12972 on: April 19, 2017, 10:37:35 am »
It's that time of year again for me.  It's the Save Your Change Folks version: blah

We did this for a while.  I kept doing it even though interest was lost.  Tomorrow is the traditional day of April 20th (4/20 for a few of y'all).  It's the day that I cash in all my change and buy something I wouldn't.  I'm looking at a few PAL exclusive NES games or maybe a few NES games that I need doubles for to stuff empty boxes.     (I have all my carts on the shelf.  Some of my boxes are empty.  In this case I actually need doubles.  ;) )

I'll start a new thread after tomorrow if anyone is interested in going for the October 20th date.
I've been saving up change since like middle school, I've got a couple hundred dollars saved up, but I don't know when I'll be bothered to do anything with it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12973 on: April 19, 2017, 10:41:41 am »
Contemplating quitting my Wii U collecting goal for the 5th time this month. I'm looking at several shovelware games going for well over $100, plus a bunch of other stupid stuff. Even GameStop has upped the price of Hello Kitty to $100. This whole idea is just so dumb I don't know I'd waste the money on a bunch of games I don't even care to have. 61 games to go, I could still say screw it and sell off the shovelware crap, or keep pushing forward. The whole thing has really put a dampener on my ability to just pick up games that I actually would like to play because I can't really afford to do both.  :-\

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12974 on: April 19, 2017, 10:57:25 am »
Contemplating quitting my Wii U collecting goal for the 5th time this month. I'm looking at several shovelware games going for well over $100, plus a bunch of other stupid stuff. Even GameStop has upped the price of Hello Kitty to $100. This whole idea is just so dumb I don't know I'd waste the money on a bunch of games I don't even care to have. 61 games to go, I could still say screw it and sell off the shovelware crap, or keep pushing forward. The whole thing has really put a dampener on my ability to just pick up games that I actually would like to play because I can't really afford to do both.  :-\

Keep going.  Buy what you want to play first.  Then, wait for deals on the others.  You'll find them.  If you don't, oh well.  You can bite the bullet later. 
Think of how many folks are in your shoes right now.  Let them quit first and sell out.